Good Tool To Make Openings In Vegetables To Let More Better Seep Into Them?

It tastes better when the butter is in the vegetables as opposed to just on the coating. For broccoli it is easy because the butter soakes the heads.

But let's say for asparagus- is there a way aside from chopping the asparagus or poking some holes with a fork for 20 minutes to make openings in vegetables to let more better seep into them?

Comments

• Jason MillerJason Miller Mother nature isn't stupid mod
    Use a blender for a tasty vegetable butter soup.
    body composition coaching through Eat to Perform
  • This is more of a technique than a tool, but I always use the stove to lightly steam my brussel sprouts, broccoli, and whatnot. Then after they come off, I drain the water down and add Kerry Gold right on to the vegetables. I then eat them right away or I blend them into a soup. Fantastic tasting. Seems really basic, but just in case someone did not think to do this, I thought I would contribute.

• Star ChaserStar Chaser Powered by Shred

You must have phenomenal taste buds if you can tell the difference between butter in and butter on broccoli.

I echo these other handsome devils though; blend them.

I am a Video Game composer under the pseudonym Star Chaser.

twitch.tv/starchaservgm (streaming most saturday and sunday nights EST)

Guitarist:

https://youtu.be/8L0SkovqEf4

Next cover is Die by the Sword by Dragonforce.

Music/Health/Biohacking Blog and Podcast currently under construction.

Thanks to the internet, health experts, and my unending curiosity, I have overcome: excessive sweating (adrenal fatigue), anxiety and panic attacks, extremely high estrogen levels (man boobs), chronic brain fog (yeast overgrowth), depression, and am currently battling SIBO (took it from being so bloated it felt like my stomach skin was going to rip, slept 2 hours per night for a week because of upset stomach and being chronically fatigued to very mild, manageable but still annoying symptoms) and currently battling sleep deprivation/insomnia probably due to the SIBO/Leaky Gut and resulting histamine intolerance.

• How do you like melt/warm the butter?

I've been boiling the vegetables and melting the butter on a low heat pan. It takes maybe less than 5 minutes to melt then I turn off the heat. 

I have some asparagus. It is starting to go bad my family says though I can't tell very easily. What are some sight/smell tests you can do on these vegetables to determine when to trash them?

Broccoli

Bok Choy

Asparagus

STring beans

• Jason MillerJason Miller Mother nature isn't stupid mod

How do you like melt/warm the butter?

I've been boiling the vegetables and melting the butter on a low heat pan. It takes maybe less than 5 minutes to melt then I turn off the heat.

I have some asparagus. It is starting to go bad my family says though I can't tell very easily. What are some sight/smell tests you can do on these vegetables to determine when to trash them?

Broccoli

Bok Choy

Asparagus

STring beans

Step 1: put butter on hot food

Step 2: wait

Buy groceries weekly and you don't have to worry about spoilage.
    body composition coaching through Eat to Perform