Noopept (Again)

I've done some experimenting with Aniracetam and Noopept.  The Noopept made me feel woozy, emotionless, and sort of like a psycho (in the weirdo sense, not in the serial killer sense).  I swore that I'd never use that stuff again, and contemplated throwing it out, but for some reason I kept it.

After learning how sensitive I am to Aniracetam, I dropped my dose of Aniracetam to ~100mg.  This got me to thinking that maybe my hate for Noopept was because it is just so powerful that I can't take much.  After all, my complaints were in line with anyone's complaints when they OD on it, although I was only taking 10mg.  So, what if I dropped my intake to a laughable amount?  Like a little speck in my hand?  Well, that's what I am doing.

I am currently taking Noopept measured by estimate-counting the grains.  In all honesty, I am eyeballing it, but if I had to quantify the amount, I might guess around 10 grains.  It might amount to around 1mg or less.  Instinctively, I want to say that it's too small of an amount to do anything, but I can taste the strong flavor when I take it, even in that small amount, so I figure it must have some potency.

The results have been good so far.  I do not feel crazy or psycho, and at times I have felt calmer and more willing to deal with the craziness of life without getting stressed out over it.  This morning, I took my laughably small dose before having caffeine, and I felt awoken before the coffee even finished brewing.  Don't get me wrong, I still drank the coffee. I mean, who am I to waste perfectly good coffee?  But I don't think I needed it.

Yesterday, I took slightly more than a small amount, and I felt more irritable, and had a memory hole moment.  I saw something in the fridge, went back to get it out a minute later and couldn't find it.  It turned out that I already had gotten it out of the fridge and had no recollection of doing so, but there it was, on the counter top.  So, too much is bad for me.

So, aside from that, it's been a good run on Noopept, as long as I take it at a low dose.  I will continue and post anything interesting that I find.

Has anyone else tried this approach?  Or am I the only one who needs to?  I think I'm in the minority with my sensitivity to it.  The bright side is that at the rate I'm going, my Noopept should last me until I'm around 400 years old.

As a side-note, I'm off Aniracetam because it makes my face puffy, itchy, and delivers unreliable and unpredictable brain behavior.  So, it wasn't my thing.

EDIT:

Here is the amount that I'm taking, twice per day: https://copy.com/UwwwPgbvbI64b78O

Tagged:

Comments

• I've been wondering about people's experiences with Noopept and if it was worth trying for a while now.  Thank you for making this thread and sharing your experience.  It sounds interesting but I'd like to read the other replies until I try for myself.  Please keep us posted!

• Noopept is worth trying.  It is safe and some people get huge benefits from it - it's also economically friendly.  

My personal experience isn't too different from the OP in terms of turning into a bit of a robot - but it works like a charm when its time to focus.

• Something interesting I just found about Noopept is that it is "bimodal".  Check this out:

In studies looking at dose-response and oral ingestion, in rats where amnesia was induced via electroshock therapy it was noted that oral ingestion of 0.5mg/kg was associated with memory retention as was 10mg/kg, but an oral intake of 1.2mg/kg and 30mg/kg were both without effect; the pattern appeared to be bimodal, and the two effective rat oral doses correlated to an estimated human dose of 0.08mg/kg and 1.6mg/kg respectively (with 1.2mg/kg correlating to 0.192mg/kg).[11]

So a small dose and a large dose could be effective and a medium dose could be ineffective.  To put it another way, a small dose could be of greater effect than a medium or large dose, depending on where you land on that bimodal wave.  It could completely vary by your own body chemistry.

I think I need a milligram scale now.

• I've had good results with Noopept over the last year, 10-20mg in the morning, sometimes the same amount in the afternoon. I take it sublingually, let it sit there for 5-10 mins and take a swig of BP coffee. I cycle off weekends unless I'm working. 

Out of Ani, Oxi, Phenyl, AlphaBrain and a few others it's had the greatest impact with minimal side-effects.

Too much Phenylpiracetam does make me irritable ( as did adrafinil ).

• Well I have a full bottle at home just sitting there. I tried noopept when i first started didn't really notice anything. Don't know If I gave it enough time to work it's magic. Right now i'm on a good stack 

Piracetam -1500mg x 2

Aniracetam 800mg x 2

Oxiracetam 800mg x 2 

Pramiracetam 250mg x2 

choline bitartrate 500mg x2 

I don't know if I should add noopept to the stack since... I'm taking the current stack in the morning, and later at night when i'm about to study...

• Louie, you take all of that per day?
  • Yes I am... I take the first dosage in the morning around 10 am then later in the night time. I some times skip the night dosage depending how i feel.

• Well I have a full bottle at home just sitting there. I tried noopept when i first started didn't really notice anything. Don't know If I gave it enough time to work it's magic. Right now i'm on a good stack 

Piracetam -1500mg x 2

Aniracetam 800mg x 2

Oxiracetam 800mg x 2 

Pramiracetam 250mg x2 

choline bitartrate 500mg x2 

I don't know if I should add noopept to the stack since... I'm taking the current stack in the morning, and later at night when i'm about to study...

Wow man, that would make me so loopy.  What's your before and after like?  Is it helping a lot?

• ...need a new screen name:  maybe try googling 'racetams' and learning a bit more.  If the noopept is causing bad reaction, drop it.  Piracetam is the oldest and time tested Nootropic.  Start at the basic dose recommendations and then go from there.  Once you've accustomed to that, have a look at aniracetam; this one is known to have a calming effect as well as increased clarity. 

But don't take my word for it, bring up google...

• ...need a new screen name:  maybe try googling 'racetams' and learning a bit more.  If the noopept is causing bad reaction, drop it.  Piracetam is the oldest and time tested Nootropic.  Start at the basic dose recommendations and then go from there.  Once you've accustomed to that, have a look at aniracetam; this one is known to have a calming effect as well as increased clarity. 

But don't take my word for it, bring up google...

Noopept is working well at low doses. 

I took aniracetam first.  It made my eyes puffy and makes my skin itchy.  The dose for aniracetam also had to be quite low.  I liked certain things about it but overall I couldn't justify the gains due to the slightly allergic type of reaction.

I am noticing that Noopept taken orally (not sub lingually)  is better tolerated, but that's mainly because less is absorbed.  I'm not sure why I'm so sensitive to these things but I am.  Too much and I feel way off.

Oh, I'm not sure that I could google racetams more than I already have.  :)

• Been taking Noopept for about 2 weeks, 5-10 mg… (little TMI ahead).. the supplement makes me sweat more; the underarm sweat has an uncharacteristic odor (not horrible, but noticeable to me). Has anyone else noticed this? I assume this is due to a hormone/chemical affect (I'm male). Noopept does help me get things done… more motivation—effect somewhere between Tyrosine and Modafanil.

Noopept seems to “push” my metabolism a bit… I assume the odor is due to this somehow--- any ideas? The odor is apparent if I work-out. Again TMI, but this is not a strong offensive effect, but I can notice it….

I think I need a milligram scale now.

Failing that you can disolve a known amount in a solution (depending on it's solubility) and make the potency however you want. For instance if you disolve 10 mg in 10 ml it would be 1mg /1ml and you could dose it accordingly. You could make it even more diulte by adding more liquid.

Do not take anything I say here as medical advice.