Interview Suggestions

1. It would be interesting to hear Dave interview Angelo Coppola of The Latest in Paleo podcast. In a recent episode, Angelo takes apart the Bulletproof diet, not necessarily always 100% accurately, but does come down hard on what he sees as the thin cover of the diet itself for what is really full press marketing pitch to push overpriced products. Most of Dave's podcast interviews, while undeniably a great resource, tend toward the mutual love fest. It would be refreshing to hear Dave take on a strong critic for a change.

2. The same podcast in an earlier episode covered some interesting research on antioxidant supplements that suggests consuming them might be counter productive and actually increase susceptibility to cancer. Bulletproof Radio should consider doing an episode on this, considering the bold claims made for some of the products the company sells, like Glutathione Force.

Comments

• Dale Tobias BruceDale Tobias Bruce Writer
    edited January 2015

I read a few of the articles she got her information from. Most claiming the Bulletproof diet is nothing but a cult while others are just simply saying "Dave's a big poopy pants". From what I heard, she's not worth anyone's time. Maybe if she had any facts it might be worth it. 

One even says: "This bulletproof diet is the reason Americans are fat"

I mean seriously, How many people here have lost over 20 pounds in a few weeks just by switching to Bulletproof? I myself lost 46 pounds so far and now have written 70 pages in my book, compared to before I was bulletproof and only writing a paragraph in three years.

Edit: Not to mention, every single article she references, ALL state: "The science is still unclear and no one really knows what is right."

So, if no one knows, how do they all know?

Edit #2: Notice how they call him a multi-millionaire? Stating he became one at a young age.

Fiction is the Truth inside the Lie

76819.jpg

• I read a few of the articles she got her information from. Most claiming the Bulletproof diet is nothing but a cult while others are just simply saying "Dave's a big poopy pants". From what I heard, she's not worth anyone's time. Maybe if she had any facts it might be worth it. 

I mean seriously, How many people here have lost over 20 pounds in a few weeks just by switching to Bulletproof? I myself lost 46 pounds so far and now have written 70 pages in my book, compared to before I was bulletproof and only writing a paragraph in three years.

Edit: Not to mention, every single article she references, ALL state: "The science is still unclear and no one really knows what is right."

Edit #2: Notice how they call him a multi-millionaire? Stating he became one at a young age.

I was just checking in and saw this post... Why would a paleo podcaster be anti-bulletproof? If one ate Bulletproof alone, the only thing I can see that isn't "paleo" is rice - WTF?

• He could possibly come off douchey even if he did take on this challenge.  His demeanor can easily be confused for that when you're not on his team.

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

Dr rhonda patrick?

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• I love hearing from top researchers and athletes. But I would love to hear from a bulletproof mom/woman. What about Dr. Lana? Someone who is successful with Bulletproof as a woman and uses specific hacks geared towards women. Points for a woman who just had babies or is balancing a family with part time or full time work WHILE keeping her family AND herself bulletproof!!! Thank you for all you do!!!!
  • BrainSpankingNewsBrainSpankingNews Vitimus Maximus ✭✭

Wow! Just saw this and checked out all the links they mentioned regarding so called antioxidant "research". What a bunch of unscientific BS. Most don't even mention any specific studies, but digging in deep enough, you can see that, while there are hundreds of studies done showing beneficial results of antioxidant use, they glom-on to one or two that counter this, then they make a story around those.

Are you in need of a Bulletproof Diet coach??

coach-badge-blue-300x60.png

Antony Reed

Founder/Editor of BrainSpankingNews.com

Health, Science, and Liberation

Clear-out the contrary and embrace the uncomfortable!

• newly found possible interview   Melanie Swan 

https://youtu.be/SZTJDDTAbkQ?list=PLOd_I5tC7DxVXPyFQk0fXmg5m1kAxB3hE

Anyone familiar w/ her work ?

Genomics Bio-Hacker.

• CallenCallen
    edited July 2016

I read a few of the articles she got her information from. Most claiming the Bulletproof diet is nothing but a cult while others are just simply saying "Dave's a big poopy pants". From what I heard, she's not worth anyone's time. Maybe if she had any facts it might be worth it. 

Yeah, this Angelo Coppola guy is a butthurt moron, and I don't like standing up for Dave all that much.

Bulletproof is a better version of Paleo. If you're eating Bulletproof, you're also eating Paleo. White rice is the only BP-friendly food of which Paleo disapproves, and it's not even considered a staple.

Side note: It annoys me how Paleoists maintain that you can eat however much you want throughout the day, as long as the foods you're eating are paleo. They completely disregard calories in, calories out.

• On several occasions, the idea of calories in, calories out has been cited as an inaccurate concept on the podcast. I agree, based on a certain set of assumptions, that this is inherently inaccurate.  

A good interview for the show is any physicist that is willing to apply the First Law of Thermodynamics to the problem.  

Effectively, the assumptions of the standard "calories in, calories out" energy balance is only with regards to what goes in the mouth and the mechanical work expended by the body.  On a biological level, the energy efficiency of the conversion of chemical energy to motion is about 20% efficient, give or take some factors.  So, 80% of the energy has to be expelled as heat.  It is unreasonable to assume that our waste products (pee and poo-poo, for technical terms) are assumed to be in their lowest energy forms (i.e. it's assumed that we absorbed all the energy from what we consumed and left none behind).

Dave talked about putting a person in a closed box, once upon a time, to try to determine the energy balance.  That's pretty much in alignment with what is required to understand what is happening.

Unfortunately, Robert Atkins, MD has passed and can't be a guest on the show.  I would like to hear Dave interview John McDougall, MD; Dr. McDougall once interviewed Dr. Atkins and that interview really provided a different perspective on what Dr. Atkins was advocating.  An interesting physicist is Terry Pilling, PhD, who is an all-around interesting guy and has done some interesting work on worm-holes.  

• I'd like to hear a take on the introvert-extrovert spectrum, specifically  by Dr. Marti Olsen Laney, whose book The Introvert Advantage, has greatly contributed to my well being as an  solid introvert.

As it turns out, brain research uncovered by her and others indicates that Introverts and Extroverts brains are wired almost completely differently.  The former running on mostly acetyl-choline and the latter by dopamine.  This is huge for people trying to biohack, especially when it comes to supplements and nootropics as well as daily and long term routine strategies.  It takes a lot longer for people who are introverted to come to conclusions and decisions but are ashamed and maligned by a largely Extroverted culture.  Introverts need to know what it takes and why they are special in this world.

• Can you get Howard Martin, of HeartMath Institute, on the show?

Does Dave even read this thread? 

• disco195disco195
    edited October 2016

Interview dr.nun amen ra 

• How about "ADVERT FREE" as a Guest.

Or maybe Supergirl, As Bulletproof Radio is advertising the TV Show on the latest podcast. I'm sure the actress of that show would bring in a nice advertising fee!!!!

It's embarrassing listening to these pointless adverts on this show now! 

UNSUBSCRIBE might be the most bulletproof action if this continues.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• drumminangoleirodrumminangoleiro ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016

dude, its always been an infomercial. they used to put a little more effort into the "info" side to downplay the "mercial" aspect, but it's always been there. a more honest name for the podcast would be "10,000 Ways to Sell MCT and Coffee". By the time you get past a couple hundred episodes you gotta be scraping the bottom of the barrel, so you come up with more products to sell and make even bigger stretches in your product pitches. its pretty funny if you think about it. remember back when they had those episodes about giving your pets MCT oil? "aw damn, i gotta get another bottle of brain octane for Fluffy now!".

i am on strike against the podcast until they get someone who actually disagrees with Dave and they actually discuss why they disagree instead of skipping over the topic and saying "oh, well i guess i'll have to look into that, anyways, back to things we agree on so neither of us looks bad...". my vote is for Mike Israetel.