Single Serve Glass Blender

I was initially using a plastic, single serve, blender to make my bp coffee. The problem is that the pressure from the heat building up caused my single serve blender to crack and break over time. So I'm wondering, does anyone have a suggestion for a glass, single serve, blender? One small enough to fit at my desk at work. I don't share well and I'm not leaving it in the kitchen. 

Thanks!

Comments

• I have not tried this but maybe get like a salable mug or coffee thermos and just seal and shake it up then enjoy...might be a cheap solution vs a blender

• You could also buy an immersion blender and blend your coffee in a metal travel mug.

Mary

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭
    edited January 2015

I have not tried this but maybe get like a salable mug or coffee thermos and just seal and shake it up then enjoy...might be a cheap solution vs a blender

This is what I do. You have to shake vigorously to get it to foam up nicely, but it does work. I'm sure a blended BPC creates a better end-product, but the thermos has served me well.

A milk frother, though not as good as an immersion blender, is also a possibility. I've used one for my BPC in the past and it does the trick.

If there are single-serve glass blenders out there, I've never seen them before. Sorry, OP.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• Hey! Thanks all! I think I'll go with the thermos and shake. I've debated putting butter in the microwave but it's still hard to get that nice blend. Really appreciate the feedback! 

• shake method is terrible! anyone got anything better??

• LindaLinda
    edited January 2015

We use the 

Aerolatte Milk Frother, Satin

(tried putting a link, but it didn't work for some reason)

It is about $20 on Amazon, but it is less expensive at Bed Bath and Beyond.  It works well in single serving cups.  It comes with a case so you can keep it in your desk and not get ick on it. 

• While I haven't used one, you can get bottles with a "shaker ball" or "blender ball" which should help if you're doing the shake method. Generally found in bottles designed for post-workout protein powder blending. 

Dave has said he uses a frothing wand like Linda mentioned when traveling, or does the shake in a pinch. 

You can also get some decent froth if you pour into a french press (one without coffee grounds in it) and run the plunger up and down vigorously for a while. 

If I were in your shoes though I'd save my money for an awesome blender at home, then just buy an insulated thermos. 

• Shaking sucks, I've been through around 8 magic bullet mug that have cracked now. I just keep ordering more. I've also had a few mug where one of the three notches that set the blender going break off too. I've lost quite a few plastic mugs. Saying that, I've been through 2 bases and a few blades too. My magic bullet takes a beating.

My 2nd Bulletproof Coffee of the day is at work and I use a milk frother, which works pretty well. in fact is works just as well as the magic bullet, it's just I put some cocoa nibs in my magic bullet coffee, which the milk frother can't handle ;-)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭
    edited January 2015

then just buy an insulated thermos. 

The BPC settles though and he'd still have to shake it after a while!

Give the milk frother a try, OP. It might work out better for you.

You know, I wish Dave would design a Bulletproof blender made specifically for preparing BP coffees. I know that sounds dumb, maybe, and it'd be a niche item at best, but it would be a boon for all of us BPers. Especially if he made a more portable single-serve version or something. Maybe he should partner up with the guys at Vitamix or something and create an optimal blender for making BP coffee! (Most) Current blenders out there just don't seem to cut it. I've never actually had a "properly" blended BP coffee. I've always used the shake method or a milk frother. I really don't want to eff up my blender, haha.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• fixerforhirefixerforhire Mr. Not Sure.
    edited February 2015

I agree. A BP blender would be amazing.

I bought a mini stainless steel blender by hamilton beach. filled halfway, i cranked it on and it erupted like a volcano. 

there were other aspects of the manufacturing that gave me the impression it rolled off a knock off line.

all the mini blenders kind of sketch me out from my experience and reading the reviews.

I might give the aerolatte a shot. does it emulsify the oil and butter as well as a blender?

I'm thinking I might just go for a full sized glass blender.

my magic bullet has been a trooper, the longevity of the cup is increased significantly if the coffee isnt piping hot. 

the cups develop microfractures and deformities, which might be a bad thing. i'm guessing these plastics are relatively safe with inert to lightly acidic foods like certain fruits cool or at room temperature.

I first started letting my coffee cool a bit, figuring less heat and plastic might be a good idea; however i've also noticed the plastic is being degraded.

it may be the concentrated caprylic acid from the brain octane(not sure how it reacts to plastic or even what type of plastic the magic bullet cup is made of), temperature or both?

the brain octane container is type 2 *edit*

i could speculate all day,  but would rather mitigate the need and just get a glass blender.

thoughts?

just searched for mini, personal, small glass blender. 

i think i'll have more luck finding a unicorn for sale.

the closest thing is a modification for a mason jar on a standard blender. a compact total unit would be ideal.

maybe this might be the way to go if the mason jar doesnt blow up into a thousand pieces of glass shrapnel.

i've dropped a spoon into a blender before. it cracked the glass and a few pieces went flying, not sure how i feel about a mason jar at work. heh

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited February 2015

Re. Polystyrene & 'mct' oils, read this;
    brain-octane-reacts-with-certain-plastics/?view=findpost&p=108401

Edit: @fixerforhire, just reread your post, are sure the brain octane bottle is marked as type 6 plastic

fake it till you make it

• Most department stores in the US have blenders with Glass Carafes for 20-30 dollars. Its what I have been using for the past few years.

• fixerforhirefixerforhire Mr. Not Sure.
    edited February 2015

Re. Polystyrene & 'mct' oils, read this;
    http://forum.bulletproofexec.com/index.php?/topic/13782-brain-octane-reacts-with-certain-plastics/?view=findpost&p=108401

Edit: @fixerforhire, just reread your post, are sure the brain octane bottle is marked as type 6 plastic

my mistake its type 2. i was looking at the bottle and saw a six next to it.  

its 2 with the recycle logo around it.

Daz, thanks for the link to the post.

that's funny the labelnof the b.o. has the warning and i misread the material type that contradicts the warning.