Protein Fast-Day + Carb Re-Feed= Bliss

It occurred to me with all the fretting on the forums that we need something upbeat to talk about. I'll bite. Here are the results as I wrap-up my second-ever day of protein fasting:

I had bulletproof coffee for breakfast and lunch. While dinner cooked, I gorged on a (small) tub of guacamole and celery. Dinner consisted of a big 'ol sweet potato, roasted in coconut oil and glazed with grass-fed butter. Also had a few roasted carrots, similarly prepared.

Post-dinner I felt INCREDIBLE. Like, punch a waterfall, build a house with no tools barefoot in winter, tame an auroch and ride that mother into battle level of awesome.  Apparently protein-fasts make me feel like I am thriving like few other things do. This was with no workout today and with my regular activity level.  

YMMV, but If you respond well to intermittent fasting you should probably check it out!  

Anyone else have a similar fasting to feasting experience?  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Comments

• Hi there!  I'm about to start the diet and I'm reading everything I can.  What does your normal BPD menu look like (non protein fast day)?  I'm trying to get as many ideas as I can.

Just Breathe

• I'm still nervous about protein fasting but that image made me want to try it!
  • What if I don't want to eat too many carbs on PF day?

This is my conundrum:  I like to eat carbs on my work out day at night.  BUT, I also like to eat protein on that day, for muscle recovery.  So, I usually try to PF the next day.  Which is after my refeed -- when I'd like to stay in ketosis.  So…  What do I eat?!

:)

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

What if I don't want to eat too many carbs on PF day?

This is my conundrum:  I like to eat carbs on my work out day at night.  BUT, I also like to eat protein on that day, for muscle recovery.  So, I usually try to PF the next day.  Which is after my refeed -- when I'd like to stay in ketosis.  So…  What do I eat?!

:)

For muscle recovery you should also eat protein on the day after your workout.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• Hmmm…  So when should the ideal protein fast be?  The day before?  Balls!  Think of all the muscle mass I've wasted this way!  :)

Thanks, Reka!