Go-to Desserts

So I started the BP diet about 2 weeks ago and so far it's going pretty well. Already started to see a couple pounds drop off!

One thing I have noticed though is my cravings for sweet desserts. I have had some of the greener-side fruits, but I was wondering, what are your favourite go-to desserts when the cravings hit? What are the best bulletproof desserts?

Thanks,

TeeKay

Comments

• Coconut milk/cream mixed with a little lime juice. Sometimes with stevia if I am really wanting something sweet, although normally I don't use it.
  • What I do is I select 1 day of the week (fridays) to break the diet. On that day I go out and eat anything I want, including candy (snickers, etc) and desserts (ice cream, cakes, tres leches, etc). Psychologically it helps a lot and makes sticking to the diet more easy. But I start that day fasted and in the afternoon is when I eat like crazy. It doesn't have any impact on weight.

The second thing I do is I have a couple of teaspoons of raw manuka honey if I get a really large unresistable craving. That stops the craving and also boosts my mood. It doesn't have any impact on weight either and is more healthy than having other sources of candy/carbs.

The third thing I do is I have green tea (matcha) with a teaspoon of natural calm (fruit/lemon flavored). It usually saties enough to feel ok.

One other thing that works is to have a sweeter starchy veggie with the meal. I use about 1/3-1/2 of yellow plantains with some meals and because it's sweet it calms my sweet hunger. I just steam the plantain and cut it into pieces, then smash it with the veggies. This works awesome, and works even if one is trying to lose weight.

I've found that one of my sweet tooth triggers is exercise. So I also exercise now very little and sometimes I don't even exercise because is not needed to lose weight.

Cheers

Clownfish 8-)
  • Because it will be gone before you can put a sizeable serving in the freezer :)
  • Why don't you guys just make ice cream? =)

Adam

As fantastic as the ice cream sounds, doesn't that require an ice cream maker? I was just thinking more along the lines of something that you can make pretty quickly.

Thanks for those ideas Clownfish... they sound great!

TeeKay
  • Just made the "get some" ice cream that Dave posted on his blog. I have to say, I am super impressed with the texture, it's like haagen Dazs texture, even creamier.

I didn't have the bulletproof vanilla so I added 2 heaping Tbs. of raw cacao powdr. The only other thing I would do differently next time is not put as much of the ascorbic acid, it came out a bit too tart. Next time I will use brewed coffee instead of water too. I would post a picture of it, but don't know if it's possible on the forum.
  • I make chocolate truffles by just mixing butter, organic cocoa powder and stevia (I never really measure the ratios, I just go after taste) and then forming the mixture into balls and leave them in the fridge for half an hour or so. They're even nicer if you add shredded coconut. I can't wait to try Dave's ice cream too. Sounds great and I love all things coconut image/icon_razz.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':-P' />
  • I freeze Lindt 90% bars in 2-square sections and then when I have a sweetish need, I just whip it out and smear a little coconut manna on it, or dip it in the coconut manna.

Dipping cold strawberries in the coconut manna is good too.

Or, manna on a spoon. :}
  • dark chocolate (i use Lindt 90%. tried the 99% but it was a little over the top, and also expensive).

grass-fed yogurt from a local farm, with coconut flakes, cardamom, cinnamon, xylitol.

the occasional handful of blueberries/raspberries.

the ice-cream recipe sounds great, too. am gonna try it as soon as i get an ice cream maker.
  • They should create a recipe section on here...cause I can't find the ice cream one..
  • I tried bulletproof cupcakes for the first time this week. They're great. I've also had the bulletproof ice cream, also very tasty. Like BrandiLynn, my go-to is Lindt chocolate. I keep the 85% (what I can source easily) in the fridge.
  • I have been making the best ice cream! Grass fed cream pastured egg yolks (raw) vanilla bean stevia! Oh and I melt a vey nice chocolate bar with coconut oil to drizzle over the top! Bomb!
  • 90% dark chocolate all the way...It really satisfies the need for something sweet and it is fat source!
  • I am a big fan of shakes, I make a whole bunch of different concoctions but here are a couple links to some of my recipes:

http://www.renegadedad.net/my-top-10-protein-shakes

http://www.suesnutritionbuzz.com/2012/05/01/way-powerful-undenatured-whey-protein-by-renegadedad/

I also make a Chocolate Mousse that I thinks kicks ass.

Here's the recipe:

1. 8oz Whole Cream (from Grass Fed Cows of course)

2. 2 tbsp Raw Cacao Powder. Here's a link to the brand I use -> Raw Cacao Powder

3. 1 Packet of Stevia. Here's a link to the brand I use -> Stevia

Directions

1. Pour 4 oz of the whole fat cream into the blender or hand mixer and blend until it turns into whipped cream

2. Pour in the Cacao Powder, Stevia and the other 4oz of Whole Cream blend up until it's all mixed up well and forms a mousse texture

3. Eat and enjoy!

Note: It will still be fairly chilled when you make it so you can eat it right away or you can put it in the refrigerator for about 15-20 minutes to chill a bit more. Also, you can vary the Stevia to taste but from my experience adding too much Stevia makes it taste bitter.

I also really dig the Lindt 85% and 90% Dark Chocolate Bars too. I keep a whole bunch of them and take one with me in the car and eat is as a snack if I get hungry.
  • just whipped up the get some ice cream... forgot the sweetener... tasted it out of the blender before freezing and LOVE it w/o the sweetener!!!