Working Offshore?

I work offshore 3 weeks at a time. I can't control the food they serve, but I can bring supplements and my coffee with my grinder and thermos. They don't serve but 2 veggies and the only meat they serve is industrial chicken, farm raised fish, and industrial steak as well as hamburgers and hot dogs from time to time. I'm good for bf because I IF for 6 days out the week, but what do I do for lunch and dinner? I'm good on fruit, fats, and starch. I'm taking the whey with collagen to supplement one of my meals that need protein, but I don't know what to do for veggies. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Comments

• WalterWalter ✭✭✭

Take the leanest cuts of meat, bring activated charcoal for regular detox, perhaps bring chlorella and spirulina as well.

I think you have little choice if that's what they serve and you can't bring some food and store it in a freezer. This is just finding the most optimal diet and eating will be better than not eating, so to say.

• I don't have access to a freezer. I do plan on bringing chlorella, a probiotic, activated charcoal, krill oil, vitamin d3, vitamin c, iodine, coconut oil, MCT oil, ghee, bp coffee, collagen protein and Himalayan pink salt. I was looking to see if any one knows where I can get a supplement that will give me a good amount of veggies since those are very limited.
  • I don't have access to a freezer. I do plan on bringing chlorella, a probiotic, activated charcoal, krill oil, vitamin d3, vitamin c, iodine, coconut oil, MCT oil, ghee, bp coffee, collagen protein and Himalayan pink salt. I was looking to see if any one knows where I can get a supplement that will give me a good amount of veggies since those are very limited.
  • If you have access to a Whole Foods, they've been attempting to transition their supplier's cans away from BPA linings, with some success. As well as some products that are in a juice box type type package instead of cans. You might look for canned veggies without BPA. Other stores may do this as well but I don't know. 

Perhaps this is a situation where a greens powder could be appropriate. There are a few. Athletic Greens, Onnit Earth Grown Nutrients, Greens+, etc. All of them face the problem of it being unlikely the claimed nutrition fits in the claimed serving size, as well as questionable contaminants given the huge number of ingredients. But there are certainly powdered veggies in them, so you'll have to weigh the downsides against the positives. 

• I don't havr enough space in my room to fit enough veggies for 21 days. I'll look into the supplements as that may be better than the veggies the cooks serve. The veggies they serve are either mixed in with a lot of processed seasonings and margarine or I can eat raw broccoli which is not helpful either. The only veggie I saw that was bp was raw cucumber and iceberg lettuce and those are not organic