How To Biohack Female Yeast Infections

Does anyone here have a good strategy how to biohack vaginal yeast infections, especially if they keep coming back?

I know that sugar detoxing is always a good way to starve the yeast bacteria but are there any other good biohacks out there?

Thanks

Comments

• I would also like to hear if anyone has hacked this as well! I've been trying unsucessfully for about 2 yrs now. Some things I've tried are:

-Christa Orrecio's Candida cleanse (6 weeks, no sugar or carbs with supplements)

-Strict BP diet

-Dr. Berg's detox

-As well as rotating antifungals (grapefruit seed extract, Pau d'arco, oil of oregano, garlic oil) for about a year

-I supplement with vitamin C & probiotics off and on

any ideas welcome! it's ruining my life!

• SystemSystem mod
    edited January 2015

This may be totally off base, but do you wear thong panties? Ditch them ASAP if you do and see if that relieves it. Easy hack. Worked for me.

• This may be totally off base, but do you wear thong panties? Ditch them ASAP if you do and see if that relieves it. Easy hack. Worked for me.

Hi Berry, definitely a good tip. Heard the same about panty liners which I dont use anyway. It totally makes sense. Thank you

• I would also like to hear if anyone has hacked this as well! I've been trying unsucessfully for about 2 yrs now. Some things I've tried are:

-Christa Orrecio's Candida cleanse (6 weeks, no sugar or carbs with supplements)

-Strict BP diet

-Dr. Berg's detox

-As well as rotating antifungals (grapefruit seed extract, Pau d'arco, oil of oregano, garlic oil) for about a year

-I supplement with vitamin C & probiotics off and on

any ideas welcome! it's ruining my life!

Hi, omg you sound like a real expert to me. I know about the sugar eliminating diets especially a week before your period. However, its not really the issue I think as Im 98% Paleo. I think it all goes back to my gut biome and years and years of antibiotics that I used to get as a child. I wanna try probiotics but dont know where to start. Which probiotics are suitable? I have no clue. I feel as though they are all quite expensive and I dont wanna waste my money on things which wont work. Any recommendations?

• Hey Wildblend, probiotics are confusing to me as well, as each doctor/expert has their own opinon. Christia Orrecio recommends a specific strain: Saccharomyces Boulardii when dealing with Candida. But then Mr. Bulletproof says probiotics make you bloated and fat?! Atm, I make my own kefir and drink 1/2 c daily for probiotics. Because I haven't seen any benefits when I was going the extra mile and taking specific strains of probiotics, i've kinda givin up on them!

• This is what my next hack is: http://truthseekerdaily.com/2015/01/this-is-the-most-powerful-natural-antibiotic-ever-kills-any-infections-in-the-body/

Its a potent brew of ginger, tumeric, red pepper, onion, garlic, horseradish fermented for 2 wks in apple cider vinager that should kill candida...im a little desperate as u can see.... :oops:

• This is what my next hack is: http://truthseekerdaily.com/2015/01/this-is-the-most-powerful-natural-antibiotic-ever-kills-any-infections-in-the-body/

Its a potent brew of ginger, tumeric, red pepper, onion, garlic, horseradish fermented for 2 wks in apple cider vinager that should kill candida...im a little desperate as u can see.... :oops:

Wow this tonic sounds amazing. Ill try this for sure although Im a little afraid it might upset my stomach. Keep me posted how you go, if youre making it. Thanks!

• Wow this tonic sounds amazing. Ill try this for sure although Im a little afraid it might upset my stomach. Keep me posted how you go, if youre making it. Thanks!

sure, it still needs another week till it's done and then there is the month or so of trying it out and waiting to see the results. Natural remedies tend to take longer, cus they work from the inside out. I'll keep you posted!

• update on my N=1 experiment with the fermented tonic:

So I started taking it in Feb for about 2 weeks, till i stopped because it was giving me a stomache (it's pretty potent!).

I had an outbreak in the interm, so it hasn't eliminated the problem as of yet. I started feeling the symptoms of an infection last week so started taking it again.

One thing I've noticed during both outbreaks is that the tonic has helped with the discomfort during an outbreak so I didn't need to use any OTC creams. That's one point in its favor.

I think I'll continue to use up all the tonic i've made, since I don't think i've given it a fair shot yet.

• update on my N=1 experiment with the fermented tonic:

So I started taking it in Feb for about 2 weeks, till i stopped bechttp://forum.bulletproofexec.com/index.php?/topic/14238-how-to-biohack-female-yeast-infections/ause it was giving me a stomache (it's pretty potent!).

I had an outbreak in the interm, so it hasn't eliminated the problem as of yet. I started feeling the symptoms of an infection last week so started taking it again.

One thing I've noticed during both outbreaks is that the tonic has helped with the discomfort during an outbreak so I didn't need to use any OTC creams. That's one point in its favor.

I think I'll continue to use up all the tonic i've made, since I don't think i've given it a fair shot yet.

Hey thanks for the update that´s so sweet of you. I was wondering if your yeast infection was related to mercury or other heavy metal toxins. Did you ever get a blood panel done looking at heavy metals? Cause I recently got in touch with a functional physician and she diagnosed heavy metals exposure. Just a thought ... This podcast might be helpful: https://www.bulletproofexec.com/dr-tim-jackson-heavy-metal-toxicity-genetic-testing-podcast/

Let me know what you think?

• thanks! Yeah I heard the podcast and am going to look into a functional physician for my yearly physical coming up. How are you going to detox the heavy metals?

• thanks! Yeah I heard the podcast and am going to look into a functional physician for my yearly physical coming up. How are you going to detox the heavy metals?

Hey,

Im also working with a functional physician and we will work on heavy metal and fungal detoxification. So far I only got the big blood panel done.

x

• Season10Season10 Trying to survive

This may be totally off base, but do you wear thong panties? Ditch them ASAP if you do and see if that relieves it. Easy hack. Worked for me.

i don't disagree, but why do you think this is? 

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone

• 1 Tablespoon live culture yogurt dissolved into warm water and douche.  Puts everything back into a normal terrain hostile to yeast.  Avoid antibiotics.

• i don't disagree, but why do you think this is? 

The panty thong is like a road from the back to the front, which can transfer bacteria. My anatomy seems to make it a superhighway. LOL. 

• edited August 2015

Vitamin C applied in the vagina kills both yeast and BV pretty quickly for most women. 250 mg tablets or equivalent amount of vitamin C crystals applied daily or twice daily. It needs to be pure ascorbic acid though. Most infections can't exist in an acidic environment. Anything that disturbs the natural acid balance in the vagina can leave you vulnerable to infections.  Lots of vigorous sex can disturb the balance too. Both semen and (especially) spermicidal agents can throw things off, in addition to the mechanical aspect. For prevention, you have to get good at telling when the balance is off before an infection hits. A recently showered vagina should smell good all the time and be slightly acidic (how you determine that is up to you). When things are a little off, using small amounts of vitamin C occasionally as a preventative measure can be really helpful. I used to have these issues years ago, but discovering the vitamin C changed everything. Now I just don't have these issues anymore at all. Maybe I'm just more mindful of what's going on down there, and I also don't have as much marathon sex. Lol

Edit: I should mention that vitamin C can be irritating, especially if you do have an infection, so make sure you don't use too much at once. Personally I like using the crystals more than the tablet, because the tablet can sit in one spot and cause more local irritation. Also with the crystals you can control the amount and use less if needed.

• RekaReka ✭✭✭
    edited August 2015

Dooes one have to actually insert the ascorbic acid as deep as possible? I guess it's not enough to smear it around the opening. Curious how irritating the acid is.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• Yes, it needs to go inside. It helps sometimes to mix the crystals in your hand with a medium, but the only thing I've trusted is 100% pure aloe gel. Any more specific tips would be getting a bit more graphic than I'm comfortable posting on here, so if you need more info you can message me. Lol

• Vitamin C applied in the vagina kills both yeast and BV pretty quickly for most women. 250 mg tablets or equivalent amount of vitamin C crystals applied daily or twice daily. It needs to be pure ascorbic acid though. Most infections can't exist in an acidic environment. Anything that disturbs the natural acid balance in the vagina can leave you vulnerable to infections.  Lots of vigorous sex can disturb the balance too. Both semen and (especially) spermicidal agents can throw things off, in addition to the mechanical aspect. For prevention, you have to get good at telling when the balance is off before an infection hits. A recently showered vagina should smell good all the time and be slightly acidic (how you determine that is up to you). When things are a little off, using small amounts of vitamin C occasionally as a preventative measure can be really helpful. I used to have these issues years ago, but discovering the vitamin C changed everything. Now I just don't have these issues anymore at all. Maybe I'm just more mindful of what's going on down there, and I also don't have as much marathon sex. Lol

Edit: I should mention that vitamin C can be irritating, especially if you do have an infection, so make sure you don't use too much at once. Personally I like using the crystals more than the tablet, because the tablet can sit in one spot and cause more local irritation. Also with the crystals you can control the amount and use less if needed.

Do you think you could mix the crystals in with coconut oil to make a suppository?  And maybe cut down on the irritation?

• I just started on the bulletproof plan a week ago, and wow, yes, almost instantly I got a flaming yeast infection (female). I don't usually ever get yeast infections. I was shocked because I thought a low-carb diet would not feed the yeast, but that is wrong. Yeast loves ketones.

I tried several different things without success, and then tried hydrogen peroxide, because peroxide is what bacteria gives off naturally to kill yeast. That is working. 12 hours ago I wet some papertowels with 3% hydrogen peroxide (regular hydrogen peroxide you buy at any store) and applied them overnight.

Today I am much, much better and will do it again tonight.

Not to get too detailed, but I just folded up a 2 separate paper towels with hydrogen peroxide on them and kind of wedged them in place lightly. This isn't medical advise, but it seems to be working for me. Yesterday it was so bad it felt like I had been burned. Today it just feels like a light yeast infection.

I'll be glad to report back in a few days and let you know that it worked. But so far, so good.

• This is an old thread, but for anyone who might stumble on this later, boric acid or borax powder is gentle and effective. You can take boron supplements to fight internal yeast, too. Be sure to bleach your underwear to prevent reinfection (it doesn't take much bleach). You can google how people use boric acid for BV and/or yeast. Of course these are great for fungal foot infections too. I like to dissolve borax in hot water (about a half-teaspoon per cup), and use it as a spray. I also add about a teaspoon of borax to my epsom salt baths. This is great for dandruff too.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file