Nootropics Stack Advice For Replacing Meds: Interactions And Protocol

Hi, I just ordered some noots for sampling and evaluating their individual effects. But I am looking to build a stack and don't know too much about them.

First, I read there are very few drug interaction problems but would like more input on this. Right now I take meds for GAD, mild depression and ADHD.

I take these in the morning. 

- Vyvanse 40mg

- Effexor 150mg

I also have a serious alcohol addiction problem that I want to address ASAP since I started getting neuropathic symptoms. I have a rough time getting my nutrients from food since my condition and my meds and the booze all affect my appetite (less and less). Even with a growling stomach, I lack the motivation to prepare a simple green protein shake :-/

The nootropics I ordered are:

- Piracetam + Aniracetam (for comparison)

- Picamilon + Phenibut (for comparison)

- Phenylethylamine HCL

- Sulbutiamine

Nootropics I have started experimenting with are:

- Inositol (still testing with dosage increments but promising...mega-dosing for ADHD)

- Agmatine sulfate (anxiolytic, anti-depressive, appetite stimulant, anti-addiction) 

agmatine = definite calming effect and amazing reduction of the shakes

So here are my questions:

1. Are there any possible negative interactions with my meds if taken simultaneously or apart.

2. Should I worry about serotonin syndrome? (I don't take tryptophan/htp because of this but will do once I start tapering off the SSRI)

3. what is the best time for each of these and could/should they all be stacked together? combos and timing?

4.  Would sulbutiamine (being a more potent version of B1) help with neuropathy and withdrawal?

5. besides phenibut and agmatine, is there another I should beware of with taking alongside alcohol?

6. Am I missing a cholinergenic? 

7. any other appetite stimulants? (besides pot and exercise;))

I understand this is a big amount to start with, but I mean to test them individually before stacking, I just want a heads up on possible no-no mixes and best practices.

Also any other advice is welcomed.

Am also looking into CES or PEMF (any recommendations between the 2?)

thanks a bunch. you guys kick ass as always. 

Comments

• I started typing a long response, but then deleted it and will keep it short.  You need to address the underlying issues associated with drinking.  You will do yourself a disservice by trying to hack yourself better with all these supplements and nootropics.  It will blow up I promise.

Alcohol withdrawl is dangerous.  People die from it.  You should talk to a doc about doing it safely.  Until you get sober your thinking is not going to be clear.  Addiction is in many cases a misallocation of human potential.

Good luck.

Hi, I just ordered some noots for sampling and evaluating their individual effects. But I am looking to build a stack and don't know too much about them.

First, I read there are very few drug interaction problems but would like more input on this. Right now I take meds for GAD, mild depression and ADHD.

I take these in the morning. 

- Vyvanse 40mg

- Effexor 150mg

I also have a serious alcohol addiction problem that I want to address ASAP since I started getting neuropathic symptoms. I have a rough time getting my nutrients from food since my condition and my meds and the booze all affect my appetite (less and less). Even with a growling stomach, I lack the motivation to prepare a simple green protein shake :-/

The nootropics I ordered are:

- Piracetam + Aniracetam (for comparison)

- Picamilon + Phenibut (for comparison)

- Phenylethylamine HCL

- Sulbutiamine

Nootropics I have started experimenting with are:

- Inositol (still testing with dosage increments but promising...mega-dosing for ADHD)

- Agmatine sulfate (anxiolytic, anti-depressive, appetite stimulant, anti-addiction) 

agmatine = definite calming effect and amazing reduction of the shakes

So here are my questions:

1. Are there any possible negative interactions with my meds if taken simultaneously or apart.

2. Should I worry about serotonin syndrome? (I don't take tryptophan/htp because of this but will do once I start tapering off the SSRI)

3. what is the best time for each of these and could/should they all be stacked together? combos and timing?

4.  Would sulbutiamine (being a more potent version of B1) help with neuropathy and withdrawal?

5. besides phenibut and agmatine, is there another I should beware of with taking alongside alcohol?

6. Am I missing a cholinergenic? 

7. any other appetite stimulants? (besides pot and exercise;))

I understand this is a big amount to start with, but I mean to test them individually before stacking, I just want a heads up on possible no-no mixes and best practices.

Also any other advice is welcomed.

Am also looking into CES or PEMF (any recommendations between the 2?)

thanks a bunch. you guys kick ass as always. 

• I started typing a long response, but then deleted it and will keep it short.  You need to address the underlying issues associated with drinking.  You will do yourself a disservice by trying to hack yourself better with all these supplements and nootropics.  It will blow up I promise.

Alcohol withdrawl is dangerous.  People die from it.  You should talk to a doc about doing it safely.  Until you get sober your thinking is not going to be clear.  Addiction is in many cases a misallocation of human potential.

Good luck.

yes. thanks jmayer. My functional MD and I are on this. I totally understand the complexities and risks in getting sober. But my question was realted to 1. nootropic support to help make things smoother in transition and prevent relapse. 2. Support underlying issues aka anxiety and stress. (all this alongside therapy)