Bulletproof Coffee: Debunking The Hot Buttered Hype

katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭
edited January 2015 in Bulletproof Coffee

Gizmoto_CoffeeArticle_zps1d54f131.jpg

Bulletproof Coffee: Debunking the Hot Buttered Hype

http://gizmodo.com/bulletproof-coffee-debunking-the-hot-buttered-hype-1681321467

Some points to "consider", but generally a poorly research look into the hype. 

I'm guessing researching something like this and putting a well thought-out article takes too long for it's worth and value to the author. As with 99% of media, it's get it out, get paid, move on. With Bulletproof Coffee i'd advise trying it for 3-6 weeks before even thinking about giving an option on it. Author gives no info on what he did other than trying once to drink Bulletproof Coffee in the morning and not eat for 4hrs with two friends. Hardly peer reviews :wink:

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

Comments

• I love looking at these type of threads, then I go to the website that's talking about BPC and I look at the other articles that the websites publish...

http://gizmodo.com/the-vajankle-is-a-fleshlight-foot-you-can-fuck-1681424473

Make, [then,] thyself to grow to the same stature as the Greatness which transcends all measure; leap forth from every body; transcend all Time; become Eternity; and [thus] shalt thou know God. Conceiving nothing is impossible unto thyself, think thyself deathless and able to know all,—all arts, all sciences, the way of every life.  – Corpus Hermeticum XI “The Mind of Hermes”

• I love looking at these type of threads, then I go to the website that's talking about BPC and I look at the other articles that the websites publish...

http://gizmodo.com/the-vajankle-is-a-fleshlight-foot-you-can-fuck-1681424473

noo!!!! why did I click? 

Though the pixilating is hilarious....

• A peer reviewed study means that a) they would've had to sink a ton of their own money into doing one, b) the passage of a great deal of time, c) people here would still find the study to be garbage because they had an agenda going in.

I'm sure I haven't seen every thread on "x criticizes BPC", but I've seen most of them and our members give those articles as much of a chance as they give BPC.  Kind of a stalemate.

My suggestion would just be to keep the BPC for ourselves if people don't have the balls to try something new.  Sure, we'd love to enrich our friends and family, if only insomuch as they're making an educated effort to help themselves and are willing to lift up a new stone and see what's under it.

• jmayerjmayer
    edited January 2015

Not going to bother reading another click bait anti-BPC article. 

But think about the following: the most popular drink at starbucks is a 16oz..

Coffee Frappuccino® Blended Coffee .

It's got 50 grams of sugar.  3g fat.  3g protein.  240 cals, so most people probably eat something else with it.  So you get yourself a healthy blueberry scone.  Another 61g of carbs and 17g of fat.  This is probably the worst combination of food you can eat, yet nobody bats a fucking eye.

Maybe I'm just pissed because my health insurance doubled, but jesus does anyone understand context? 

• Actually if you look on the facebook page, Dave responded to this article.