Is "bulletproof Coffee" All It's Cracked Up To Be?

Hi People,

what do you hink about this critical article about BPC: http://www.precisionnutrition.com/bulletproof-coffee

cu,

Thilo

Comments

• Looks good. People should do something and test results: mood, energy, performance, lipid profile, etc. Then make changes. Nothing wrong with article.
  • Hey Thilo, 

I would rather read what you have to say in regards to BPC, than what some random "health blogger" has to say about BPC.

Make, [then,] thyself to grow to the same stature as the Greatness which transcends all measure; leap forth from every body; transcend all Time; become Eternity; and [thus] shalt thou know God. Conceiving nothing is impossible unto thyself, think thyself deathless and able to know all,—all arts, all sciences, the way of every life.  – Corpus Hermeticum XI “The Mind of Hermes”

• Hi,

a friend of mine called my attention to this article. I follow the Bullet Proof Diet respectively the BPC for almost a year now and i feel great with it. He said to me "Hey, check your blood levels and your cholesterol". I have to admit that my last blood test is a long time ago, so i could not argue against it. Does the BPC increase the cholesterol levels towards dangerous zones? What are your experiences?

• There should be a faq for this stuff ;-) 

This is a low-carb high fat diet.  You need to get the majority of your calories from fat.  Don't drink BPC and then have hoagies and pasta the rest of the day.  High fat / high carb is dangerous.

If you're following a low carb high fat diet properly, the coffee along with the diet should:

- normalize your blood pressure

- normalize your blood sugar

- drop weight

- improve your lipids

There's about 30+ clinical studies done now to prove this.

--

Michael Stone

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited January 2015

Hi,

a friend of mine called my attention to this article. I follow the Bullet Proof Diet respectively the BPC for almost a year now and i feel great with it. He said to me "Hey, check your blood levels and your cholesterol". I have to admit that my last blood test is a long time ago, so i could not argue against it. Does the BPC increase the cholesterol levels towards dangerous zones? What are your experiences?

Some people do seem prone to high cholesterol on a hflc diet. It has been discussed on other bp threads.

Whether high=dangerous on a bp hflc diet, idk.

& the only way to find out if you are one of 'these people' is to get tested

fake it till you make it