What About Vitamin E?

How important is it to supplement with the various forms of vitamin E?

I'm surprised about how little discussion there is on this board about one of the better known vitamins.

Is it very much an optional thing? (Most people already get enough from diet?)

I found some discussion on the Nutrience vs Thorne FX thread talking about tocopherol/tocotrienol mixes, but that's about it.

I'm currently taking the bulletproof recommended top 10 supplements and wondering what else would be a good idea - it seems strange that vitamin E seems to be on so few people's lists!

Thanks in advance!

Tim xxx

Comments

• It's a powerful antioxidant. It's supposed to decrease lipid peroxidation, but I think there was some conflicting data there. There's a thread about lipid peroxides on here, check it out.

Other than that, be sure to get a mix. Definitely not synthetic alpha tocopherol.

Selected threads from the BP forum (Use your own signature to highlight threads that you think are important or significant)

• Depending on how deeply you want to dig, you can read up on Dr. Traber's research. She's been researching Vitamin E for decades, I believe, and now works at the Linus Pauling Institute.

Selected threads from the BP forum (Use your own signature to highlight threads that you think are important or significant)

• Just to get an idea, what are the forum members taking in terms of Vitamin E sups and what mix?

Is it in your multi?

Do you take a separate complex? (I just bought Thorne Ultimate E)

How important do you consider vitamin E supplementation vs. food intake?

I have moved away from multivitamins and am now taking my A, B, C, D, E, K, EPA/DHA, Magnesium, Selenium, Zinc, Iodine and trace minerals separately. The Thorne E complex I have started taking is one of the more expensive supps in my stack, and I want to know if people think it's worth it!

• I was wondering if plant sources of vitamin E are less easily absorbed compared to the animal sources like with vitamin A. If any one can enlighten me on this topic I would greatly appreciate it. Also can you provide a link to your information source? Preferably a peer reviewed study.

• Yes, it's important to know about vitamin E. And you need to know that it depends on your nervous system. And to relax you need to plan your activity like a pro https://onplanners.com/free-printable-calendars-pdf. That is why I recommend a good approach.