Rapid Fat Loss Protocol - Starts Today

Comments

• Cruiser42Cruiser42 Want to look like this again - or BETTER!

Siri, have you been doing bpc and noticing youre not very hungry? It truly happens. Follow directions perfectly. No cheats and no skipping supplements and you food cravings will subside. Especially when results start happening

Did you guys read today that GNC, Walmart & target are being investigated for not havingactual ingredients listed on their supplements? Like, not even a trace! Be sure you have a good supplier!

Well, I am on day 12 and I'm down 13lbs. I just had a gain and a 4 day stand still so i was worried! Then poof - 5lbs dropped on one day! I Hope I lose a few more before Easter refeed. What can I do to convince myself not to weigh everyday?

Btw - ive had a lot of loose stool and sometimes a lot of diarrhea. I'm drinking tons of water. I think I've taken to much charcoal on some days.

2-10 caps is a wide range. If I've only eaten bp, should I just take 2?

I still have 50 to lose so I'd love to hear from those who lost and keep losing.

Christy -

It took me a few days, but yes - not being hungry or missing food is weird, isn't it?  

You are losing as Dave predicted - nothing then poof!  Pounds gone.  That did not happen for me.  But I suspect I'm way older than you!  Post menopause is way different for me. 

You really must only weigh ONCE a WEEK!  Why torture yourself?   Weigh first thing after morning tinkle on your food day.  You've clearly got wonderful control (or you wouldn't be doing the RFLP), so apply that to the scale. 

I, too experienced a LOT of diarrhea in the beginning.  Make sure to take the Betaine HCL - that is what solidified things for me.  I took 4 charcoal caps 2x/day. 

How was your Easter feed ?

LIsa

Here I am posting at 11pm! Couldn't find my "smaller" box! This summer I went through a big purge and sold or gave away about 2/3 of my belongings. Guess that was one of the boxes. However, I did find one pair of jeans. I was barely fitting into an 18...these are 14 and THEY FIT! WoooHooo!

Now if I could just figure out how to create a few taste sensations besides butter or butter and salt!I'm getting to where thinking about butter makes me sick.Salt I have always loved and even it is loosing it's luster.Tonight I had a butter, water and upgraded chocolate hot chocolate (with one of the approved sweetners). Not great but at least a different taste sensation. I dream of bubbly water with lime. Not something I ever dreamed about before, that is for sure!

kim

Kim -

Size FOURTEEN ???????  Holy smaller pants !  That's AWESOME !!!!!!!!  From a TWENTY ????  OMG, that's so great !!!!  Congrats!!!!

(yea, hot herbal tea was the ticket for me at night!)  Keep up the great work !!!!!!

Lisa

Hello Everyone !   I am  siri, trying to lose  alomst 50 lbs  tried and failed  every time, I eat healthy, am a vegeterian. I lack complete lack of motivation to exercise   please help me to help myself

Hey, Siri -

BP is a different plan - but a lot of people feel great on it, and have good success.   Have you tried it yet ?  If so, how are you doing ???

Let us know ---

Lisa

Hi Kim

I don't care what the scale says either.  Recently I went thru a gut biome die off/rebuild under my dr's supervision.  I did not lose a pound but even my yoga pants with the spandex are baggy now.  LOL!  So, yes, body composition is the goal, not the numbers on the scale. 

Yes, on the General Discussion page is a pinned thread called Ask Dave Anything.  It is for podcast ideas, but you can get a reply there, too.  Also in the general discussion page you  can start another thread asking for hacking help.  Jason Miller and many others KNOW this stuff well and are BP coaches.  They have insight and know the right questions to ask and can make recommendations that are small tweaks that can make huge differences.

I'm 55 and am noticing more saggy skin in places that were never saggy before. Like in my elbow pits, when I turn my arm just so, the skin gets all crepe papery like grandma.   It is weird.  I am seeing an older woman taking over my 17 years old self.  LOL!   Not really sure how to help with that from aging or weight loss.  However, Dave announced on his FB page last night about a free online conference that is coming up next month that is all about skin.  Maybe we will get some ideas from there. 

Onward to healthier US!!! 

Hey Linda !!!

Here's to yoga pants fitting better !  Sorry you had to go thru the gut biome die off/rebuild !   Is that something you've done before, and know the symptoms ? 

Oh, the sag!  As soon as I get rid of all this weight, I'm going to India for a face lift, tummy tuck and breast lift!  (A whole 'nother set of forums!!) 

Great day !!!

Lisa

• Hi Lisa

Welcome back.  No, I did not have any symptoms at all.  I got diagnosed by my natural dr and she helped me do it.  It was only bad for a few days, then not much of anything.  Yeah, I wouldn't have known I had an issue, so must have been staving off the bad symptoms bc of my diet.  But it really does explain some things that were going on that seemed unrelated.  20/20 hindsite.

I really do need  firm up a bit both my body and my lifestyle.  I'm feeling so comfy in my current life, though.   I need to up my exercise.  I've been slacking or getting too used to what I'm doing exercise-wise.  It is becoming 'just checking a box.'  Time to change things up a bit.   I may start the T-Tapp routines.  There's a thread on that, too.  Seems to help jump start the body.  Also I am gonna start tracking again to see if my macros are in place. 

Hi Lisa

Welcome back.  No, I did not have any symptoms at all.  I got diagnosed by my natural dr and she helped me do it.  It was only bad for a few days, then not much of anything.  Yeah, I wouldn't have known I had an issue, so must have been staving off the bad symptoms bc of my diet.  But it really does explain some things that were going on that seemed unrelated.  20/20 hindsite.

I really do need  firm up a bit both my body and my lifestyle.  I'm feeling so comfy in my current life, though.   I need to up my exercise.  I've been slacking or getting too used to what I'm doing exercise-wise.  It is becoming 'just checking a box.'  Time to change things up a bit.   I may start the T-Tapp routines.  There's a thread on that, too.  Seems to help jump start the body.  Also I am gonna start tracking again to see if my macros are in place. 

Hi Linda!  Its good to BE back, thanks!

WOW.  First of all, how lucky to have a natural doctor!  That is amazing.  I'm wondering how I can score a visit from Virginia......:-)

I'm sorry you had to go thru it, but maybe it will be better in the long run. 

I COMPLETELY understand about being comfy in your life.  I am, too!  Its SO different now that I'm out of my rat race previous full time job life.  That was existing, for the most part.  This is so much better!  I have time to concentrate on a lot of little life things now!  Its really nice.  But it does make me a little complacent.  Sigh. 

Keep me posted on T-Tapp!  That's interesting -- I'm going to go back to kettlebell tomorrow.....and I'm back on the road Saturday. 

Be well !!!

Lisa

• Shoot lost my entire post. Oh well, I will try again.

I haven't been here for awhile. No computer for a week. Plus after the broidal shower where I ate whatever I wanted. I had a very hard time going back to RFL. Then my roommate and I both got sick. Lots of hacking and coughing. I didn't even try to be on RFL or anything else during that time. Just a lkot of soup and things to make my throat feel better.I started feelinfg much better yesterday. Today I went to Costco and was immediately overwhelmed with food choices (even though there is nto a lot of "clean" food there). Finally I decided I would rather go back to RFL than try to deal with evening food.Not a great reason to go back to RFL, but it is true for me. Lisa, thank you for the support about refeeding when I feel like I should. It will be easier to do that now that I have blown the diet out of the water!

I learned a few things. I have started having a lot of aches and pains (I have arthritis) that I hadn't noticed were gone until they came back. Which makes me all the more sure my diet very streongly contributes to my arthritis. Anyone else have this experience? All this time I thought sugar was causing me the most problems buit now - I know it is grain. Not that the sugar is in anyway helpful (remember that, Kim...).

Thanks for the share about beating yourself up most of your life, Lisa. I am right there with you. Years of feeling ashamed and not good enough. I am trying very hard not to live ther and to remind myself that I deserve happiness - no matter how much a weigh or what I am or am not good at.

Everyone have a great Saturday!

Kim

• Oh friends.... I'm wondering if everyone eventually falls off of this diet because they stop losing Or just can't continue life with no food. Its pretty isolating. I can't be social at all and stay on rflp. It's so hard. Even staying BP is very difficult. Short of carrying around extra avocados & sticks of butter with you everywhere!

Last week I refed on Easter. I stayed completely paleo/bulletproof and dinner was delicious. However, I fasted all week since easter and still didn't drop the weight that came back. Ugh. I'm very frustrated. I refed again this Saturday and my weight is back up even higher to where it was 2 weeks ago! No drop in 2weeks of rflp. I was down 16 in 15days but now I'm up 5lbs and haven't dropped any. I am taking all the supplements too. This week I'm heading into a week where I'm going out of town for a conference with colleagues thurs-sat. I either have to go off of rflp so I can dine with them or I have to isolate myself breakfast lunch and dinner for 3 days and explain to them that I'm fasting. The day after I get back is my best friend's birthday party bloody mary brunch. I wonder if I should just ditch rflp for those 4 days, try to stay BP, then go back to rflp next Monday.

I fear gaining back all that I lost. I'm worried that eating all those carbs on refeed days is ruining my loss. ..
  • ACH85ACH85 ✭✭

The day after I get back is my best friend's birthday party bloody mary brunch. I wonder if I should just ditch rflp for those 4 days, try to stay BP, then go back to rflp next Monday.

Just a warning that alcohol in a fasted state is a bad idea. There are other posts on it around the forum, but basically it's very difficult for the liver to process fat and alcohol at the same time, and if you've been fasting you have no stored carbohydrate energy. Basically you can get really drunk really fast then feel terrible. Personally, without question I'd ditch for those 4 days and just eat clean, but eat. 

I don't know why you're not losing on the scale, but not everyone responds the same way. Carb refeeds are vital. It is not possible for one day of eating to cause  large increases in body fat.  

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

I am pretty sure it's not the carbs on refeed day. I am more and more convinced that cutting out two of the three vital macronutrients is not a good idea.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• I am pretty sure it's not the carbs on refeed day. I am more and more convinced that cutting out two of the three vital macronutrients is not a good idea.

Maybe RFLP isn't the right approach for you.  It sounds as if you are having a rough time of it and it shouldn't be like that at all. Perhaps give yourself a break from this approach for a while, eat BP clean and only when you are hungry, then maybe go back at this later when your schedule will allow.   Personally I could not do RFLP, but, like you said, when I get what I need each day macro-wise, I don't get hungry at all.  I eat one meal a day most days bc that's what my body needs.  Yes, I do supplement very well, too.  Once I started following everything to the letter, I fell into what my body required.  But it did take some time and no cheating.  I'm sure Lisa's feedback will be more insightful, though.  She's walked the walked.  Be well, Reka. 

• RekaReka ✭✭✭
    edited April 2015

Maybe RFLP isn't the right approach for you.  It sounds as if you are having a rough time of it and it shouldn't be like that at all. Perhaps give yourself a break from this approach for a while, eat BP clean and only when you are hungry, then maybe go back at this later when your schedule will allow.   Personally I could not do RFLP, but, like you said, when I get what I need each day macro-wise, I don't get hungry at all.  I eat one meal a day most days bc that's what my body needs.  Yes, I do supplement very well, too.  Once I started following everything to the letter, I fell into what my body required.  But it did take some time and no cheating.  I'm sure Lisa's feedback will be more insightful, though.  She's walked the walked.  Be well, Reka. 

I'm not doing RFLP, I was referring to Christy's experience (just being sloppy with the quote function), that I don't think the refeed carbs are causing her problems. Honestly, there is no way I would do this. I do respect the willpower of people doing it though.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• Whoops.  Got it!  Yeah, RFLP isn't for me either. 

Oh friends.... I'm wondering if everyone eventually falls off of this diet because they stop losing Or just can't continue life with no food. Its pretty isolating. I can't be social at all and stay on rflp. It's so hard. Even staying BP is very difficult. Short of carrying around extra avocados & sticks of butter with you everywhere!

Last week I refed on Easter. I stayed completely paleo/bulletproof and dinner was delicious. However, I fasted all week since easter and still didn't drop the weight that came back. Ugh. I'm very frustrated. I refed again this Saturday and my weight is back up even higher to where it was 2 weeks ago! No drop in 2weeks of rflp. I was down 16 in 15days but now I'm up 5lbs and haven't dropped any. I am taking all the supplements too. This week I'm heading into a week where I'm going out of town for a conference with colleagues thurs-sat. I either have to go off of rflp so I can dine with them or I have to isolate myself breakfast lunch and dinner for 3 days and explain to them that I'm fasting. The day after I get back is my best friend's birthday party bloody mary brunch. I wonder if I should just ditch rflp for those 4 days, try to stay BP, then go back to rflp next Monday.

I fear gaining back all that I lost. I'm worried that eating all those carbs on refeed days is ruining my loss. ..

Hey Christy --

I don't think this protocol was ever intended long term.  I think of it as a jump start.  I did it 5 weeks, and the guy they mention in the protocol did it 75 days, so just more than 10 weeks.  

How often do you weigh yourself?  In my experience, weighing on the morning of your re-feed is the only time to do it.  Dave mentioned periods of time where there would be no change on the scale, then chunks would come off.  That did not happen to me.  But remember - I'm post menopausal - so all normal bets are off.  (Proof God is a man).

On the work trip.  If you cant fast, then eat as close to BP clean as you can get (like Linda suggested).  I was on a job site for 3 full weeks, and every night had a big salad, no cheese, no bread/croutons, with a hunk of steak on it (it was from a steakhouse).  I did really well.  (I even used commercial salad dressing and still managed to lose a few pounds).  Can you concentrate enough for work while fasting ? 

I think you've got a great solution.  Giving what you've got coming up, you temporarily cease the RFPL, go back to BPIF, and that will help mitigate the effect of the alcohol from the birthday party, then go back on the RFPL. 

I always try to remember that this is MY LIFE.  There will be ups and downs, there will be parties and cruises, that's just LIFE!  I'm trying to navigate it as best I know how, and trying to be as healthy as I can so I can enjoy every day.  All while trying to remember to be kind and gentle with myself.  If beating myself up emotionally worked, I'd be a thin woman.  I'd probably be an angry thin woman, but I would be thin!!!  So I have abandoned that, and I just want to be a fit, happy, attractive woman.  I can do it !  So can you.  Be kind to yourself, Christy!  You'll make it thru this challenge!!!!

Let us know ---

Lisa

Shoot lost my entire post. Oh well, I will try again.

I haven't been here for awhile. No computer for a week. Plus after the broidal shower where I ate whatever I wanted. I had a very hard time going back to RFL. Then my roommate and I both got sick. Lots of hacking and coughing. I didn't even try to be on RFL or anything else during that time. Just a lkot of soup and things to make my throat feel better.I started feelinfg much better yesterday. Today I went to Costco and was immediately overwhelmed with food choices (even though there is nto a lot of "clean" food there). Finally I decided I would rather go back to RFL than try to deal with evening food.Not a great reason to go back to RFL, but it is true for me. Lisa, thank you for the support about refeeding when I feel like I should. It will be easier to do that now that I have blown the diet out of the water!

I learned a few things. I have started having a lot of aches and pains (I have arthritis) that I hadn't noticed were gone until they came back. Which makes me all the more sure my diet very streongly contributes to my arthritis. Anyone else have this experience? All this time I thought sugar was causing me the most problems buit now - I know it is grain. Not that the sugar is in anyway helpful (remember that, Kim...).

Thanks for the share about beating yourself up most of your life, Lisa. I am right there with you. Years of feeling ashamed and not good enough. I am trying very hard not to live ther and to remind myself that I deserve happiness - no matter how much a weigh or what I am or am not good at.

Everyone have a great Saturday!

Kim

Hi, Kim!!!!

I, too, have been absent a while. Work + life. 

in an effort not to repeat myself (see my reply to Christy) - I think you are living your life, Kim!  We get sick, we have bridal showers, we struggle to get back on the freaking wagon.  (I need a new idiom - the wagon thing isn't working for me anymore!)

Sounds like you are doing a great job of working your way back.  You can do it !!!!  You did it before, and you'll do it again!

That is so great about your arthritis conclusions!!!!  how cool is that?  It is all connected, isn't it ????

Yup, done beating myself up.  That clearly didn't work, and I didn't get rid of it fast enough, but that's okay --

You DO deserve happiness, no matter what!  When I fall into the old patterns, I always ask myself, "would I treat my dear friends this way?"  NO.  So be sure to treat yourself as well as (or better) than you treat your friends.  You're a courageous, beautiful woman, working hard to make life good and healthy for yourself.  GREAT JOB!!!!  One day at a time -

Be well, my friend --- keep up the excellent work!

Lisa

• Hey all, Been awhile since I have been here. I am finding it impossible to go back on RFL. Not sure why since I liked it when I was on it. But come about 2 in the afternoon I get this growing senser of panic that I need to eat, And I get jealous watching other people eat. I guess some of it goes back to the "Damn how come I have to have this problem?" state of mind. I just want to eat what I eat, and that really makes no sense at all.RFL severed me from all those feelings - I just stopped considering food. But, I can't sustain it. Also these last few weeks I have felt like my brain was sleeping a lot of the time. I have been tired, coughing and sneezing. I thought I was done with my roommates illness but something was wrong. Then today I looked under my desk at work and realized water was seeping out through the tiles and the "mud" I thought I was cleaning up was mold. That's been going on for several weeks, I don't know why I didn't get it. So, hopefullythe agency will get that solved and cleaned up (because i am not going back into that office till they do) and we will see how I feel then.At the moment I am struggling just to be on the regular BP diet.

Hope you all are well and doing a little better with this than I am-

Kim

•  Hi all

I have been lurking on the sidelines  for  more than a month, I started  with BP,IF and then did RFLP for a week during that week  I went from being very scared of not being able to eat food  for a week to being fatigued by the end of the day.  On the second day  I  became really maniacal and screamed and shouted at my 3 yr old when he woke me up at 4 in the morning  I was ashamed of my behaivour in retrospect and still cannot forget  my son's quvivering face.

The good thing is i have lost all the cravings , I dont feel  hungry any more and  I want to be emore active .

I am doing intermittenly I take all my  supplements and wait off  till almost evening till my headache starts and  i have  couple of eggs or  1 avacado 

Have to still see the pounds come off but  i am happy that  it has stopped my mindless eating, alomost on a warpath.

I went from eating 2 cups of uncooked rice  to  wanting almost none

will keep posting 

• Hey all, Been awhile since I have been here. I am finding it impossible to go back on RFL. Not sure why since I liked it when I was on it. But come about 2 in the afternoon I get this growing senser of panic that I need to eat, And I get jealous watching other people eat. I guess some of it goes back to the "Damn how come I have to have this problem?" state of mind. I just want to eat what I eat, and that really makes no sense at all.RFL severed me from all those feelings - I just stopped considering food. But, I can't sustain it. Also these last few weeks I have felt like my brain was sleeping a lot of the time. I have been tired, coughing and sneezing. I thought I was done with my roommates illness but something was wrong. Then today I looked under my desk at work and realized water was seeping out through the tiles and the "mud" I thought I was cleaning up was mold. That's been going on for several weeks, I don't know why I didn't get it. So, hopefullythe agency will get that solved and cleaned up (because i am not going back into that office till they do) and we will see how I feel then.At the moment I am struggling just to be on the regular BP diet.

Hope you all are well and doing a little better with this than I am-

Kim

Wow!  That yucky mold really does mess us up!  So glad that you are staying out of that environment until it is properly cleaned up.  How awful that you are dealing with that.  Yes, that mold could easily be screwing up your entire body.  Brain fog and tiredness is an indication, and if you were dealing with your roommates illness issues at the same time, your body was under attack.    Listening to it, letting it heal from that exposure is wise.   Just keep on eating from the list of BP foods and you will eventually get back to where you were.  Sending healing and wellness thoughts your way. 

•  Hi all

I have been lurking on the sidelines  for  more than a month, I started  with BP,IF and then did RFLP for a week during that week  I went from being very scared of not being able to eat food  for a week to being fatigued by the end of the day.  On the second day  I  became really maniacal and screamed and shouted at my 3 yr old when he woke me up at 4 in the morning  I was ashamed of my behaivour in retrospect and still cannot forget  my son's quvivering face.

The good thing is i have lost all the cravings , I dont feel  hungry any more and  I want to be emore active .

I am doing intermittenly I take all my  supplements and wait off  till almost evening till my headache starts and  i have  couple of eggs or  1 avacado 

Have to still see the pounds come off but  i am happy that  it has stopped my mindless eating, alomost on a warpath.

I went from eating 2 cups of uncooked rice  to  wanting almost none

will keep posting 

"i am happy that  it has stopped my mindless eating, almost on a warpath"     LOVE that feeling!!!

• edited May 2015

Just starting RFLP today and using all supplements. Starting at 180lbs (5'3''). So far no trouble other than I cannot STAND the Glutothiane Force. It smells like an 80's perm, and how can I possibly go through one syringe a day - financially anyway. I put 1tsp in water today in the morning (1/2 a syringe) and couldn't take more than one drink. It's now in my fridge in a water bottle. I totally understand that it's for liver health and that it's important, but there's got to be a better way. Any suggestions? 

• Hello, everyone! I am currently planning on doing a week of RFLP after I'm through finals next week. Some background on me: I am 21y.o,,almost 5'3" with a small frame, and I am guessing have 10-15 lbs of fat to lose. I was a strict paleo for about two years before starting the BP diet in March. I have struggled with anorexia and exercise bulimia since I was 14, but have been pretty good about eating and not overexercising since going BP. I was really tiny until last spring when I started running way more, sleeping way less, and having VERY stressful classes! I assume the gain was from increased cortisol. I know that what I see and desire is not what other people see of me. but I do want to lose some fat and tone up and see where it takes me! I had great luck with fat loss at first,but really want some faster results, especially with summer and weddings approaching. Maybe I am just being impatiet. It seems like a lot of the forums with people doing RFLP have very significant amounts of fat to lose. I was wondering if everyone thought it would safe for someone like me to try it? Sorry, I feel like this is a very disorganized post but I'm hoping all the info will help with quality feedback. Thanks in advance!

• Jason MillerJason Miller Mother nature isn't stupid mod

Hello, everyone! I am currently planning on doing a week of RFLP after I'm through finals next week. Some background on me: I am 21y.o,,almost 5'3" with a small frame, and I am guessing have 10-15 lbs of fat to lose. I was a strict paleo for about two years before starting the BP diet in March. I have struggled with anorexia and exercise bulimia since I was 14, but have been pretty good about eating and not overexercising since going BP. I was really tiny until last spring when I started running way more, sleeping way less, and having VERY stressful classes! I assume the gain was from increased cortisol. I know that what I see and desire is not what other people see of me. but I do want to lose some fat and tone up and see where it takes me! I had great luck with fat loss at first,but really want some faster results, especially with summer and weddings approaching. Maybe I am just being impatiet. It seems like a lot of the forums with people doing RFLP have very significant amounts of fat to lose. I was wondering if everyone thought it would safe for someone like me to try it? Sorry, I feel like this is a very disorganized post but I'm hoping all the info will help with quality feedback. Thanks in advance!

Absolutely not.

My Crossfit auto template programming here, body composition coaching through Eat to Perform here,
  • mmejoannammejoanna ✭✭
    edited May 2015

Hello, everyone! I am currently planning on doing a week of RFLP after I'm through finals next week. Some background on me: I am 21y.o,,almost 5'3" with a small frame, and I am guessing have 10-15 lbs of fat to lose. I was a strict paleo for about two years before starting the BP diet in March. I have struggled with anorexia and exercise bulimia since I was 14, but have been pretty good about eating and not overexercising since going BP. I was really tiny until last spring when I started running way more, sleeping way less, and having VERY stressful classes! I assume the gain was from increased cortisol. I know that what I see and desire is not what other people see of me. but I do want to lose some fat and tone up and see where it takes me! I had great luck with fat loss at first,but really want some faster results, especially with summer and weddings approaching. Maybe I am just being impatiet. It seems like a lot of the forums with people doing RFLP have very significant amounts of fat to lose. I was wondering if everyone thought it would safe for someone like me to try it? Sorry, I feel like this is a very disorganized post but I'm hoping all the info will help with quality feedback. Thanks in advance!

Sounds like you are onto something when you say cortisol may have been a key factor in gaining weight...  Like Jason, I'd encourage you to not do this. Try something more gentle. Think about it - having high cortisol/stress seems like a perfect invitation to yourself to respond with gentleness. Calm down. Be soothing. Eat meals slowly and enjoy them and chew well. I'd practice emwave, and do as much soothing activities (baths? walks? carefree talks with easy friends?) as possible... Not add more stress by taking on a harsh, and I'd say, "stressful" diet. Especially considering a history with anorexia/exercise bulemia.. don't you think this restrictive diet would be dancing too close to that edge? 

You probably look a lot better than you think right now. If you're worried about what guys think, ask them who is sexier: The skinny woman who is in a mindset of control and rigidity and stress... or the 10-15 pounds heavier woman who is feeling carefree, smiling, and enjoying life? Most will prefer the latter. I think creating this mental attitude is really what your body wants you to try  - and then the weight will come off easier anyways : ) 

• Thank you Jason Miller & mmejoanna for responding to me. And you are right mmejoanna, RFLP is "dancing too close to that edge." I had been worried that it might make my willpower to eat dissipate by being so restrictive. I will take your advice and focus on a more gentle approach and learning to calm down and appreciate my body in whatever stage it is in. Like I said, this has been something I have been battlng for years and although I am doing much better, extra stressful times definitely make me consider slipping back into worse stages of my disorder. I think that sometimes the best thing for me is just to hear someone tell me that I am wrong, that my way is not healthy because I can definitely convince myself that I am correct and I am in control when in reality it is not me but my disorder that is in control. So, again, thank you SO SO much  for responding to my post and giving me support. The emotional and mental healing definitely take the most work and even just this one response is extremely helpful to me. I hate to say this, but I am actually crying as I write this. I am still getting used to experiencing emotions again. I cannot express how grateful I am that two complete strangers care enough about me to tell me, "no, that is not healthy." From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

• Thank you Jason Miller & mmejoanna for responding to me. And you are right mmejoanna, RFLP is "dancing too close to that edge." I had been worried that it might make my willpower to eat dissipate by being so restrictive. I will take your advice and focus on a more gentle approach and learning to calm down and appreciate my body in whatever stage it is in. Like I said, this has been something I have been battlng for years and although I am doing much better, extra stressful times definitely make me consider slipping back into worse stages of my disorder. I think that sometimes the best thing for me is just to hear someone tell me that I am wrong, that my way is not healthy because I can definitely convince myself that I am correct and I am in control when in reality it is not me but my disorder that is in control. So, again, thank you SO SO much  for responding to my post and giving me support. The emotional and mental healing definitely take the most work and even just this one response is extremely helpful to me. I hate to say this, but I am actually crying as I write this. I am still getting used to experiencing emotions again. I cannot express how grateful I am that two complete strangers care enough about me to tell me, "no, that is not healthy." From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Kendal - I saw your posts this today and Jason's and Joanne's reply.   I'm so grateful that you got the replies you did and that you could hear them.  The BP forum has been there for me, too, when I couldn't figure something out for myself.  Everyone here has been thru something or dealt with something that brought them here. . .something as simple as wanting to take charge of their own wellness, or someone with serious health issues - and they are willing to share what they've learned.   There is an answer out there and these people have suggestions that are usually spot on. 

Wishing you continued wellness. 

• Just starting RFLP today and using all supplements. Starting at 180lbs (5'3''). So far no trouble other than I cannot STAND the Glutothiane Force. It smells like an 80's perm, and how can I possibly go through one syringe a day - financially anyway. I put 1tsp in water today in the morning (1/2 a syringe) and couldn't take more than one drink. It's now in my fridge in a water bottle. I totally understand that it's for liver health and that it's important, but there's got to be a better way. Any suggestions?

Can you squirt it directly into the back of your throat? That's what I did until I bought it in capsule form.
  • I started RFLP yesterday.  Today was day 2.  I am not really sure how much butter or xct oil I am supposed to consume though.  Yesterday I ate 8 TBSP of Kerry Gold and 4 TBSP of XCT oil.  That doesn't seem like enough calories though.  I don't want to go into starvation mode.  What have you all consumed during the rflp?

• Lisa, any updates? Im on day 12.... curious about your results!

• Today is day 18! Not weighing myself at all... committed to do 30 days of this before weighing myself as to not mess with the mental aspect/dissapointment if the #s on the scale aren't what I was looking for.  I think this is a good approach for me.  My stomach is flatter than its ever been, but this could totally be due to the fact that there is  no bulk in there.... but my clothes are starting to fit nicer, and one thing.. my feet/ankles/wrists and fingers are thinner than I ever remember them being...I think its reduced inflammation and swelling.  

One tip to doing the teaspoon of salt in the morning for me.... I would GAG literally when doing the salt because back in the day I did some serious damage to my body when I did a master cleanse that also recommended chugging water with salt in the morning to force bowel movements (seriously, awful).... so just the thought of mixing salt in my water brings me back to those awful days.  I now just take a teaspoon of salt and drop it on to the back of my tongue, then I get out a can of LaCroix or any sparkling water with a little essence in it (lemon perrier works well too!), and swish it around a little and try to swallow asap.  The salt kind of mixes with the bubbles and goes down smoothly while the flavor helps mask the nasty salt taste. 

• Hi, CCLovesButter, thank you for posting your progress, I have started the RFLP today and so far I am feeling fine. It's 18.24 and I am about to take my activated charcoal.  I've had a lazy day, just chilling.  I plan to do this for two weeks or until I have lost 13lbs.   I have 26lbs to lose in total but would like to transition to BPIF to lose the next 13lbs. 

You have done so well, 12 days to go.  More than half way.  Keep it up as I am getting motivated from you  :-P