Evening Tennis (6:30Pm)

edited February 2015 in Athletic Performance

Hi, I am new to BP and have been slowly incorporating more of its principles into what was a mostly paleo lifestyle. 

I am about to start evening tennis and am concerned I may not have the energy reserves given what i am eating and that I dont generally work out or do much exercise in the evening(mornings for me).

I feel I will need to get some carbs into me .. perhaps have my BP 6 .00 meal at 5?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

Tagged:

Comments

• Welcome to the Bulletproof forum, Stikk! Good to have you here.

Regards,

BP Moderator

• Hi, I am new to BP and have been slowly incorporating more of its principles into what was a mostly paleo lifestyle. 

I am about to start evening tennis and am concerned I may not have the energy reserves given what i am eating and that I dont generally work out or do much exercise in the evening(mornings for me).

I feel I will need to get some carbs into me .. perhaps have my BP 6 .00 meal at 5?

Plenty of options: bigger refeed day, 2nd refeed day or just a refeed meal midweek, eat before with a bit more carbs, or have a snack. 

Unless it's very intense tennis, it won't require the same amount of energy expenditure as sprinting or heavy weight lifting. I'd be inclined to just take a snack for the first few sessions. Some kind of paleo bar, or even just coconut water or a fruit. Then adjust meals over time so you don't need the snack. 

In the long run you probably want to fuel tennis off of stored energy, so just adjusting meals as needed. But in the short run, so you don't gas out in the first few sessions, you can add, or at least bring as backup, a fast-acting carb snack. Just follow the general BP rules, no corn syrup, wheat, etc.