What Are Some Bp Sports Drink On The Market?

I've been drinking water + lemon + himalayan salt for a good while post workouts, but I want to mix things up a bit.

I just placed an order for this, but I likely won't order again, no matter how much I like it, due to price. 

Any recommendations?

Tagged:

Comments

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

I know a lot of people use coconut water. It's a little high in sugar, however. I guess it depends on what you're looking for. If you're concerned with electrolyte replacement and need a little extra carb, coconut water seems to be a pretty good choice.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• I like I AM ENERGIZED...but haven't been using it unless I have a crazy intense workout or race....

I stick with cucumber mint water with a dash of lemon juice... works for me!

• I like I AM ENERGIZED...but haven't been using it unless I have a crazy intense workout or race....

I stick with cucumber mint water with a dash of lemon juice... works for me!

Adding himalayan salt is a good idea because of the electrolytes (unless cucumbers get that job accomplished).

• Vitargo, Carbion, coconut water, pedialyte, if you go for Gatorade buy the powder because the formula is different that the liquid.

Damn. I forgot about coconut water. That one should have been obvious. 

• Hard to beat coconut water with a pinch of pink Hymalayan salt & lemon juice
  • Sports drinks are a tricky business and I like the suggestion of water, quality sea salt, lemon and honey.  I think that could should be your staple especially if you can get local natural honey as it can help with some allergy issues if you have them.

I've worked in settings where we have Gatorade basically forced upon us and they athletes seem to love it even though I think it's been well shown it is not optimal.  Way to much sugar and the carbohydrate ratio is to high for you to absorb.  I'm personally going to switch over to adding sea salt to the water to help our athletes better absorb the water instead of acutely over hydrating and just getting rid of it.

I'm not huge on coconut water just because of the high sugar content and from what I've heard and read how most of it isn't "pure" enough to be really good for you and therefore it can just be a waste of money.

Joel Luedke MSe, ATC, CES, PES

www.totalathletictherapy.com

@TtlAthltcThrpy

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭

I drink this lemon and salt kind of baverage all the time. Would honey bei a good source of carbs after workout?

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• Birch water is the smart man's coconut water.  A lot more nutrients in it and on a personal level I feel more nourished from it.