No Kombucha What About Gut Health And Probiotics?

I've been making Kombucha at home for over a year. I only use organic black or rooibos teas and organic sugar to ferment.

Is Kombucha "low" on the diet assuming people are buying it at the store and you don't know where it's come from?

I'm on the fence, I could go without it but I do miss it at times.

When the vinegar taste is too strong I dilute with water and goes down well.

I will skip using during the 2-3 months I'll do the Bulletproof Intermittent Fasting but I'd like to add back later... unless it would be counter productive?

The premise of Koumbucha is healthy gut / probiotics but here it seems it's a toxic mold?

Comments

• I've been making Kombucha at home for over a year. I only use organic black or rooibos teas and organic sugar to ferment.

Is Kombucha "low" on the diet assuming people are buying it at the store and you don't know where it's come from?

I'm on the fence, I could go without it but I do miss it at times.

When the vinegar taste is too strong I dilute with water and goes down well.

I will skip using during the 2-3 months I'll do the Bulletproof Intermittent Fasting but I'd like to add back later... unless it would be counter productive?

The premise of Koumbucha is healthy gut / probiotics but here it seems it's a toxic mold?

Presumably, the reason it is so low on the list is because Dave is very sensitive to fungus.

I would say go for it anyway, as these foods have been eaten for centuries by the healthiest people in the world.
  • Good point but I'm not opposed to taking some time off for a cleanse.

I've had two instances in the past year with intestinal pain on my left side, so much it caused a fever. Doctor said there's nothing over there like on the right side.

I traced it back both times to either Kombucha, high sugar intakes (holiday candies/cookies) or both.

Both times I "cleaned my Scoby and started with a new batch of Buch.

My goal now is of course health and 30lbs of weight loss, so BPC and intermittent fasting will be my focus, I can add Kombucha back in at a later date.

• I avoid Kombucha cause it adds a formaldehyde scent to what I poo. I'll still use it five or six times a year when I'm on the road eating more random than usual to make strange combinations of food easier to down, but that formaldehyde smell still majorly weirds me out.

I also feel like it's tough on the gut lining, like K digests more layers than I want it to.

/$0.02