P90X3, T25 Or Other Home Workout

I've never been in shape and really want to look good for the beach this year are the beach body programs legit or is there a better at home workout program. I know I shouldn't be working out 67 days a week how much should I be working out.

Comments

• I've never been in shape and really want to look good for the beach this year are the beach body programs legit or is there a better at home workout program. I know I shouldn't be working out 67 days a week how much should I be working out.

I suggest reading Body by Science & the back half of The Calorie Myth.

Both contain great exercise info.
  • RekaReka ✭✭✭

Do you want to lose fat, gain muscle, or both? Based on your profile picture you don't seem to be in bad shape. I guess you are looking for muscle but it's good to clarify the goals.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• They work. I'm doing Insanity Max 30 right now, and getting great results :)

They do take effort though. :)

• I am 5"4' 180lbs with a 39 inch stomach. I work a sedentary job driving all day. I want to lose down to 32 inch waist lower my body fat to 10% and gain some muscle.
  • Don't think about it just go for it.

P90X3 is intense and you have to be committed and mentally strong. They have different 3 month schedules for different goals. I've been using X3 as my at home workout for a year now and it doesn't disappoint.

If you plan on doing resistance training make sure you have something heavy to lift and somewhere to do pull ups.

Also, you'll have to adjust your nutrition based on the 6 day/week workout schedule, all of which is HIIT. You'll also get core/recovery workouts like yoga, pilates and a dynamic stretch/isometric type workout.

You'll see results in a month if you stick with the program and pair it with a Bulletproof Diet.

• I agree with Strict.Nine. X3 can be doable for you, though it might be a tad intense for a 'beginner'. I did T25 before I took on X3.

How much previous physical exercise are you doing as of current? I've looked at some of their other programs; 21 Day Fix might be a better 'starter' program, if your normal fitness is at a beginner level :)

I am 5"4' 180lbs with a 39 inch stomach. I work a sedentary job driving all day. I want to lose down to 32 inch waist lower my body fat to 10% and gain some muscle.

• When starting out... don't worry about program.

The exercise you do is far more important then all the plans you get and let collect dust. Find something that you can do consistently, and maybe a while from now, start thinking about a program.

Doing *something*, even just going for a walk, is more important then P90InsanityX35ByScience.

• Part of what I don't understand is I have done a full round of P90X and saw minimal to no results because I ate crap. Now that I understand and am eating fully bulletproof I didn't understand because Dave says he did minimal to no exercise to see his results. I just don't want to over exercise I'm not sure what I should be eating if I'm working out six days a week or if I should just work out one or two days a week. I feel like I'm lost and at a standstill with my weight loss.
  • edited March 2015

Buying into what Dave says word for word regarding his own weight loss journey is a dangerous way of thinking. There are many factors that we can attribute to his rapid weight loss with minimal exercise and such a high caloric surplus. For one, he was using transdermal bio-identical testosterone. If you were to utilize this type of hormone therapy, you would see almost similar results. Just look at any bodybuilder on roids, they can eat as much as they want and just get more shredded.

So Dave's hormones were optimized. He also had an optimized gut. This is another reason why weight loss can be effortless. When you have the correct balance of microflora, they do the work at burning fat.

Also, Dave is all about the minimal effective dose for practically everything. He isn't about physical performance as much as mental, so he has found ways to get the most bang-for-the-buck exercise (Body By Science), working out once a week. Pair that with testosterone therapy and no doubt you can grow a six pack on 4500 cal a day.

You won't be overexercising so as long as you match your activity level with clean carbs. If you workout, eat more carbs that day (in the post workout window), if you are resting, then eat less carbs or just do a keto day. It really isn't as hard as the internet makes it out to be.

Focus on being active. Listen to your body. Drink water and get adequate sleep. Find how many days YOU want to be active and stick to it. No one can tell you "workout twice a week for optimal health" or "workout six days a week for crazy gains". You need to know you! Know thyself!

Fats and proteins in the morning, carb and protein after workouts. Eat .75-1g of protein per lb of body weight. On active days, eat .75-1g of carb per lb of body weight. Done!

No complaining now.

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    ...if Dave is still doing minimal exercise/physical activities...& still downing ~4500 cals p/d,

then i reckon Dave has some high calorie stools...just a guess.

fake it till you make it

• edited March 2015
    Thank you so much this is great info! One more question when I do workout p90x or whatever I can get through the exercise no prob but it some times takes 5-6 days to get 100% over the muscle soreness... Should I be concerned about this? I get plenty of sleep. As I said I do work a very sedentary job with crazy hours. If I get to work out its mostly in the mornings after I drink my BP coffee. I always do my sea salt first thing when I get up.
  • Muscle soreness is good, it means you are waking up and using them. This will subside is you gain strength and muscle memory. Just stick to it and add more magnesium at night time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file