What Is Your Daily Bulletproof Routine And How Did It Change You?

So you may have started with coffee first, then the diet and Intermittent fasting, then the products - it may have changed your life.

Help and share your findings with everybody by posting your daily Bulletproof Routine and how it changed your life?

Give a short statement on your experience with Bulletproof and what Bulletproof products/Diet/Routines helped you most?

Did you tweak anything because you are a male or female?

e.g.

My Daily Bulletproof Routine

6:00am-10:00am

Training and coffee...  
I train for bodybuilding first thing in the mornings, so I do Bulletproof coffee and intermittent fasting daily.

10:00am-2:00pm

Protein!  
Instantly after my workout, I take Bulletproof protein to start my muscle repair.

2:00pm-10:00pm

Good food and GABA...  
Throughout day, going by the food chart, I eat the good foods and have now just started the new GABAwave supplement.

• What was your experience with Bulletproof?
    Never really liked coffee until I tried Bulletproof coffee with the butter and Brain Octane Oil... now I can't get enough... it's a treat that gives crazy energy and focus.

• What Bulletproof product has helped you most?
    By far I would have to say the coffee. This stuff is incredible...

• Did you tweak anything because you are a male or female?​ Nope, nothing at all.

Inspired by Bulletproof Ambassadors everywhere.

Comic5-crop.jpg

Comments

• GreerGreer
    edited February 2015

NicKat great thread to have started - thanks for putting this up but it would be good to know who (what sex)  is writing - from your profile pic silhouette I guess 2 people = NicKat (and I will not even attempt to judge what sex you both are) - if we are asking about best routines for women and men it would be good if you said whose routine this is - a man's or a woman's. I know it says did you tweak for male or female - is a bit irrelevant if we do not know sex of writer - from my reading, men are unlikely to need tweaking while women do... maybe this thread will help us work that one out.

Also be really interested to hear how long people have been using their protocol and how long it took to tweak it to something that works over time. 

I am really interested to know what routines people are using for what outcomes - look forward to more posts.

--

Me - 57 female needs to feel better and have ongoing energy and better general fitness (not overweight) -  work (as artist)  can be days of intense physical and mentally demanding work or it can be days of sitting at computer...

been doing for about this for about 2 months (tried BP coffee for previous month) :

7am - 1pm BP coffee and/or BP green tea 

1pm break fast w/-  green side foods: protein, fat, veggies minimal carbs

eat when hungry till 9pm including 

7pm meal: protein, veggies, fat,  carbs 

Every fourth day workout with short HIIT program around 4pm and refeed with carbs (amazed at strength improvement with such a small investment)

Sometimes feel amazing  - some days feel bad - more bad days lately... Still working out best carb amounts for low carb days and refeeds

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭
    edited February 2015

I’ve been interested in the bulletproof diet since around 15th October 2012 after hearing Dave Aspray on the Joe Rogan Podcast #275 and really started getting really into it after starting listening to the  Bulletproof podcast from the very first one while on holiday in Thailand in December 2012 having already starting bulletproof coffee having never drunk coffee in my previous 40 years of existence.

In the last two years I’ve looking into most areas and have been fairly active on the bulletproof forum. I’ve mostly been into the coffee, diet and sleep, but after finding great success in those I’ve look into most areas and refined much of my life.

Here’s how my normal daily routine has been bulletproofed. These are things I’d never done before listening to the Joe Rogan Podcast with Dave Aspray in 2012.

4:00am – 6:00pm

Awake up with Withings Aura (link) light and sound after tracking my sleep

Sleep in Blacked out room, that's kept cold and an air purifier, with raised bed head, on earthing pillow (see earthing info here)

See my sleep hacks here 

HRV recording, salt water, 10 mins inner balance training, Bulletproof Coffee, morning supplements

oil pulling and tongue scrap

6:30am – 8:00am

Daily training Monday – Friday, plus 20mins cycle to work

9:00am

Bulletproof Coffee, BCAAs

Stand-up Desk at work with earthing mat under keyboard.

11:30am

Biltong or beef jerky if hungry

3:00pm

Bulletproof meal of lots of green veg, 2 free range eggs covered in kerry gold butter with a sweet potato or avocado depending on days training.

Some Lindt dark chocolate (85% or 90%)

6:30pm – 8:00pm

2nd training session if needed or scheduled.

7:30pm

Orange glasses on, l.fux on all computers, Philips Hue lighting all on red/orange light.

8:00pm

Some nuts, coconut piece and/or almond butter if hungry, or a protein shake if trained with evening supplements.

9:00pm – 10:00pm

Magnesium Oil, 10 mins inner balance training, Holosync to fall asleep to with withings aura light.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• nice thread nickat! reading as i drink my bulletproof coffee, and getting ready to start my day. a lot of the changes i make are based on input from other forum members rather than just dave, and my routine changes somewhat depending on what day it is and what i've got going on, but in general here's what i'm currently doing:

Wake up around 7:30-8:30am - drink 1/2 tsp of real salt mixed into water the night before, lay down a little longer, get up and check heart rate on sleep cycle app and HRV on HRV4T app. go pee, then weigh myself (weird, i know, but something i'm temporarily tracking), then head to my computer for a 6-minute Emwave session. Then I turn on a podcast (bp radio, rewild yourself, or ben greenfield usually) and dry brush myself before heading into a cooooold shower, 3 min. at least, sometimes 10 minutes.

Breakfast: (did BP intermittent fasting for about a year, currently eating breakfast to see how it effects cholesterol and get some morning protein to avoid muscle loss while in a caloric deficit). 4 soft-boiled eggs, macademia nuts or avocado, and 2-3 servings of non starch veggies and spirulina/chlorella, ACV, along with supplements (d3, k2, C, and thornefx multi), then followed by BPC (currently a tsp of ghee, a tsp of brain octane, 1/4 tsp of vanilla, and a capsule of cayenne). 

then my day gets started...running errands, going for hikes, doing yoga, drumming, who knows...I might squeeze in some whey protein an hour or two before or after lunch. 

Lunch around 2pm: usually some cut of beef, a few more servings of veggies, and avocado or macademias. 

continue on with my day, usually have a class to teach in the evening. have some carbs/protein if i do intense exercise. 

Dinner: either more beef, or fish, starchy veggies if i exerted myself earlier, or nonstarchy veggies with fat if i didn't. nighttime supplements (thornefx multi, magnesium glycinate or natural calm, maybe some potassium)

Orange UVEX blueblockers on around 9pm. prep salt water for the AM. 

throughout the day i'm kind of adjusting my meals to fit whatever activities i'm doing. currently keeping an eye on my caloric intake (gasp!). 

Exercise is:

Thursdays - Body By Science in the evening. 

Sundays (when possible!) - Sprinting

Capoeira classes Tues-Thurs. and Saturday. 

Capoeira training/Power Yoga/Hiking - usually in the afternoons

new things - bridge mobility exercises from ido portal. also passive hanging and squatting throughout the day. 

uh, thats all i got for now, time to go play capoeira! 

• NickatNickat
    edited May 2015

We've been interested in the bulletproof diet since we were introduced to it by someone that had amazing results and told us about Dave Asprey and The Bulletproof Diet. We had no idea about grass fed meats and that the right fat was good for you. Supplements were something we downed from time to time because we thought it might help although we stuffed ourselves silly with all the wrong foods and drinks. In the last two years we've tried to be active on the bulletproof forum as being associated with those that have bettered themselves helps and inspires us to listen, question and learn for ourselves.

We hacked our bodies and made them respond to the hacks and changed.

Here’s how our Bulletproofed Daily Routine stacks up but it does change from month to month and season to season.

Our Daily Bulletproof Routine

6:00am-8:30am

Monitoring adrenal issues: (Pink Himalayan salt in water and Liposomal Glutathione in a shot glass before getting out of bed).

Correcting Supplement deficiencies (cycling various supplements as and when needed 4 to 8 months on):

Creapure and L- Glutamine, Vit D, Magnesium Citrate and Potassium, Super K2 complex, B12 Methylcobalamin, Zinc.   

Tip: Maca and L-Arginine combined to balance hormones and reverse hypothyroidism. Used as added vava voom, just like Get Some Ice Cream but this time for men.

Optimising healthy gut flora (Probiotic in a little coconut milk) and enzymes from time to time and adding a little resistant potato starch. 

Timing of eating food (BP Intermittent Fasting) BP Coffee with Brain Octane for breakfast, rotating Upgraded Vanilla, Ceylon Cinnamon.  

Getting 30g of protein within the first 30 mins of waking in the form of Upgraded Collagen mixed in BP Coffee. Sometimes scrambled eggs or Isolate Whey mix shake.

Tip: Upgraded Collagen in Get Some Ice Cream for breakfast.

10:30am-11:00am

Caffeine free herbal teas (Green tea or Rooibos).                                                                                

Detoxing the body of nasty’s that built up…heavy metals and parasites in particular helped. (Upgraded Activated Charcoal, Chlorella, or Bentonite clay).

12:30am-1:00pm

Selecting the right foods / suggested proportions (BP Infographics)

Tip: XCT oil with Cayenne or fresh Capsicum boosts thermogenesis.

Or replaced the meal with BP Coffee with Brain Octane, rotating Upgraded Vanilla, Ceylon Cinnamon sometimes Cardamom as additional flavours for zap power.

2:45pm-3:00pm

Caffeine free herbal teas (Green tea or Rooibos) with any additional supplements.                      

Sometimes 90% Lindt Chocolate.    

Tip: Adaptogenic herbal supplements useful. Rotate dose and type often. Recently tried and loved Tulsi tea and it`s health benefits. Should call it stress be gone tea.

6:00pm-10:00pm

Measuring Ketones (Ketonix Sports) understanding that optimal ranges exist in a ketogenic diet and knowing that carbs are needed to cycle from time to time.

Selecting the right foods / suggested proportions (BP Infographics).

Tip: Slow low carbs to better thyroid and hormonal issues every night or do refeeds (Kat twice a week, Nic every 7-12 days).

After 10:00pm

Getting the possibility of better sleep (16-20C temp room).

Sleep Cycle (gaining an insight of sleep patterns trying to get more deep sleep and less wakeups).

Tip: Collagen, XCT oil, magnesium citrate shot.

Use a BP Induction Mat (20mins) and a mad nightcap drink of Passion Flower tincture in Chamomile Tea. Just add Valerian drops and Bomb!

Sleeping on an earthing pillow.

Exercise:

Changed our perception of exercise. Re: Body by Science style with Kettlebells.   

Learnt that simple nasal breathing patterns make a huge difference when running/swimming (meditation). 

Thought:                                                                                                                                   

Use the Pareto Principle (also known as the 80–20 rule). 20% effort, 80% return.

• My Daily Bulletproof Routine

7:00am

Wake up... meditation with Headspace (15 minutes...while stretching and foam rolling with the rumble roller)

Sleep in Blacked out room, that's kept cold and with Sleep Cycle App

8:00am

Breakfast: Regular Coffee with a bit of stevia, 2 egg (pasture raised) omelet with tons of veggies and organic chicken sausage, sweet potato "chips" that I make (just baked sweet potato slices) some with coconut oil spread on them, some with almond butter, and some with Kerrygold butter

Supplements including tsp of cinnamon, creatine and a million others

9:30am

Workout- A LOT of intense cardio ( can be run, stairclimber, elliptical, bike, row, airdyne) and then strength training or plyometrics... kettlebells....

3:00-3:30ish pm

Lunch- Sardine salad with TONS of veggies, avocado, and steamed veggies on the side, Steve's Paleo Jerky stick, and a few forkfuls of a sprouted quinoa, mung bean, lentil mix

Supplements including tbsp of apple cider vinegar

Computer work with earthing mat at feet

Green Tea

4:45 pm

Snack: Canned Salmon, organic Cottage cheese, Spirulina Krunch, Sweet Potato "chips" with the kerrygold, coconut oil, and almond butter spread

Green Tea

5:00 pm

Yoga

6:30 pm

Dinner: VEGGIES and meat or fish with some spice on it and a huge bowl of steamed veggies and more avocado, and a slice of organic raw milk cheddar cheese

Supplements

9:30 pm

Bedtime tea with 1tbsp of collagen, 3 tsp of magnesium powder, 1.5mg of melotin, 1000mg of passionflower

Snack: Homemade Protein Pumpkin "muffins" made with coconut flour, a few sweet potato "chips" with kerrygold, coconut oil, and almond butter, handful of each almonds, cashews, a few pistachios, a few pecans, a few macadamia nuts, a few walnuts and some blackberries or a clementine

ORANGE glasses on.... watch 30 minutes of a netflix show and SLEEP at 10-10:30 in blacked out room

• Jason MillerJason Miller Mother nature isn't stupid mod
    edited February 2015
    It's hard to use the term routine for me as my intentional direction is in a state of flux, intentional bodyweight changes with periods of muscle growth and muscle sparing.

Right now I am 4 weeks into a 12 week cut, losing around 2lbs/week, after going from 176 to 210 in 52 weeks, so the schedule will reflect the current diet.

I change shifts every 4 weeks so there will be two schedules.

Day shift:

5:00am- 32oz water with 1000mg tribulus, 240000su serrapeptase, 5000iu vit d, 240mg vit k2, 4 cod liver oil, 1 BP aging formula, b complex

5:30am- bp coffee (45g butter, 2tbsp MCT, 2tbsp bp collagen, 2tsp bp Cocoa powder, 5 drops iodine) consumed until 10:30am.

8:00am- 4oz meat, 1 egg, 1.5cups veg, acv

11:00am- 4oz meat, 1 egg, 1.5cups veg, acv

1:00pm- 4oz meat, 1 egg, 1.5cups veg, acv

2:45pm- pre workout: 1scoop muscle prime, 10g bcaa, 5g creatine, 10g glutamine, 1000mg acetyl l carnatine.

3:15pm- workout (see signature for training blog)

Intra workout: 50g powdered Gatorade

5:15pm- post workout: 2 scoops Carbion, 1.5 scoops grass fed whey isolate, 10g glutamine, 5g creatine, 10g spirulina, 5g chlorella, 4 liver pills, 1000mg tribulus, 2 glucosamine, 1 unfair advantage.

7:00pm- 5oz meat, 100g dry weight rice vermacelli

8:30pm- 60mg zinc citrate, 6000mg vit c, 1000mg meriva-sr, 2 cod liver pills.

Afternoon shift:

8:30am- pre workout (same)

9:00am- workout, intra (same)

11:00am- post workout (same)

1:00pm- lunch (as 7:00pm days)

2:00pm-7:30pm- coffee (same)

5:30pm- 4oz meat, 1 egg, 1.5 cups veg, acv

8:30pm- 4oz meat, 1 egg, 1.5 cups veg, acv

11:00pm- 4oz meat, 1 egg, 1.5 cups veg, acv

12:00am- 6000mg vit c, serrapeptase, tribulus, zinc, meriva-sr, cod liver oil,

Saturday's and Sunday's, no carbs, no exercise, no measuring, just protein fat and veg, every 3-4 hrs.
    My Crossfit auto template programming here, body composition coaching through Eat to Perform here,
  • Here is how I roll (and in fact I do like to roll a lot of my food in nori sheets, ha!) 

Anywhere between 5 & 7 am: Wake Up

6 or 7 am: Coffee 

Workout (1.5 - 3 hours depending on if I lift weights as well) 

Anywhere between 11 & 1 pm: Lunch which typically consists of: 

- A can of sardines packed in extra virgin olive oil, mixed with frozen squid, scallops and mussels (varies a bit as I sometimes mix in octopus) - I understand some of you do not consume some bottom feeders, but every once in a blue moon, I'm going for it! - I actually heat all of this up on a skillet, this combo is just OH MAN - addicting! **This lunch is consumed if I am at home** 

Work all day long on my feet (I have a standing desk) 

Anywhere between 5:30 & 9 pm (typically like to eat on the earlier rather than later side): Dinner which typically consists of:

- Roughly 10 to 12 ounces of animal protein (I am mostly a pescatarian but I do love me some grass-fed beef and pasteurized chicken every so often too)

- Leafy Greens and Winter Squash and Sea Vegetables ---> I do eat a lot of these every so often, and with my IBS (among other issues - I do not have a large intestine) that's not the best idea, and I notice a marked-difference when I don't eat much of any fiber at all... This evening for instance I had about 12 ounces of wild salmon and some sauteed in coconut oil spinach and cabbage

Supplements I take:

- Digestive Enzymes & Probiotics (Without them I would not exist - lol)

- Vitamin C

- Magnesium

- Multi-Vitamin

- 5000 iu Vitamin D

- Resvertrol

- Quercetin (I never get sick because of this) 

- HCL

**Obviously when I am making a video I eat what I make, but I always modify recipes so that they're at least some-what Bulletproof/Primal approved! :) Those coconut flour waffles.... Ohhhhhh yes, they're going in my mouth with a pat of coconut butter on top! 

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭
    edited February 2015

I have trouble keeping to a perfect, consistent schedule, since I tend to work a fair bit of overtime. Right now, my schedule's looking like this, however:

2 PM-- Wake up in a fit of screams after having dreamed of cobras. Wobble out of bed into darkened bathroom for a tinkle, missing the toilet bowl.

230 PM-- Amble to my computer, check up on emails and wince at the utter shortage of new 'likes' for my posts on the Bulletproof forum. Take a swig of water from a water bottle that's been sitting out for a few days. Tastes salty. Probably days-old backwash.

330 PM-- I find myself in the kitchen, rummaging around in the fridge for something to eat. My children see me and ask my wife "Who is that man?" She shakes her head as I demolish a bar of dark chocolate, give the sagging waistband of my sweatpants a tug and mumble something unintelligible about "muh polyphenols".

4 PM--Sit down at the computer, intending to write a book. Open the Word document, make sure the formatting for everything is correct for the hundredth time and read everything I wrote over the previous few days (which isn't much).

415 PM-- Somehow forgot what I was working on and ended up on Facebook, watching a funny video of a cat playing with a baby.

640 PM-- After following a series of links, I end up watching everything Youtube has to offer on the topic of "cats and babies". Glance at the clock and realize I have 5 minutes before work starts. Stumble out of my office, into my uniform and out the door. Speed all the way there.

715 PM-- Show up late. No one even noticed.

915 PM-- Been sitting for a few hours. Drinking a cup of day-old Folger's out of a styrofoam cup. Mix in a few packets of margarine from the cafeteria downstairs and tell all of my co-workers about how I'm doing a zany new diet where I put a lot of fat in my coffee. "I only drink things that reset my body," I tell them.

10 PM-11 PM-- Intermittent diarrhea

12 AM-- Put off all of my work duties to patrol the BP forums. Make jokes about witches in threads where other members are looking for actual advice. Refresh the page constantly, waiting for 'likes'.

1 AM-- Stomach is rumbling. It's either the margarine coffee or genuine hunger. Make my way down to the cafeteria and declare it a cheat day, since I've been so well-behaved as of recent. Eat $20 worth of junk food.

2 AM-- Still no 'likes'. The rage builds.

7 AM-- Fell asleep at my desk. Shift is over and my replacement is pissed because I've left them a mess. Tell them that it's because I forgot my orange, light-blocking sunglasses, and that I can't be expected to do optimal work under conditions like these. Make sure to talk about "toxins" interfering with my "flow state", and speculate about the possibility that my work space is actually filled with mold. When they're still pissed, I belittle them for not knowing what Advanced Glycation End Products are. Make a note to myself to look up Advanced Glycation End Products on Wikipedia later.

8 AM-- I'm home. Time for bed, because I have to work again at 7. Wife and kids are up. Give them all a sloppy kiss and tell them goodnight. My eldest son asks my wife why she hasn't left me for Dave Asprey yet. She says: "I don't know, son." Spread out my Bulletproof Sleep Induction Mat. It's spiky and it hurts my skin. Toss and turn on it till I fall asleep.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    refresh away Skeletor

fake it till you make it

edited February 2015

Lol, but seriously, this is a cool thread. I like reading everyone else's schedules. I don't track my macros as closely as everyone else, it seems. My schedule and meals are loosey-goosey. I just do whatever feels right/what I have time for. Feeling like a slacker! Here's what days are looking like for me right now that I'm working more overtime:

--Wake at 4 PM. Strap on my FitBit, grab some water, pop Vitamin D3 (2.000-4,000 IUs), K2 complex. Start brewing a BP coffee (unsweetened cocoa powder, 2-4 Tablespoons Kerrygold, 1 Tablespoon MCT, 1-2 Tablespoond Upgraded Collagen, 1/2 tsp Cassia cinnamon in my coffee grounds).

--Drink BPC, cook meal. Usually cook 1/2-1 pound of meat (often grass-fed ground beef), steamed veg with butter(broccoli, carrots, asparagus, etc), maybe some Basmati rice. A little dark chocolate or some olives/raw nuts if I feel like it. Take a few other supplements with my meal: (300mcg potassium iodide, 100mcg Selenium complex, 3 tablets of dessicated liver. I'll also take Racetams with my BPC sometimes.)

--Walk around my apartment a little, hang out with my family till ~5:15 PM. At that point, I head into my office and do a solid 45 minutes of writing.

--6 PM, I get ready for work. Pack some snacks (Mineral water, a second BPC, beef sticks, jerky, sardines, olives, raw nuts, dark chocolate, or some mix of these things).

--Work from 7 PM till 7 AM. It's a secretarial job in a hospital, so there's a fair bit of sitting. Or, at least, there used to be. I get up and walk around frequently. My daily goal is 15,000 steps (or ~8 miles). I usually manage to get that. During my shift I get a 1-hour break. I'll use that to get more walking in, do some reading or more writing. I'll snack on whatever I packed whenever I feel hungry. Sometimes I don't bother with snacks and do IF instead. Also, since I'm behind a computer for much of the night, I try to use my work time to catch up on emails, forums, blogs, etc. My job tends to be somewhat slow, so I can do things like that. I'm penning this very post from my workstation, in fact. lol

--Get home by 730 AM. Whip up a bed-time smoothie. Ingredients vary, but I tend to use one fruit (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries or a banana) along with a mix of veggies, like avocado, cucumber, spinach, kale and fresh ginger, plus coconut milk, chlorella, spirulina, Upgraded collagen. Drink it fast. I take some potassium citrate (200mg) (if I didn't include an avocado) and some magnesium citrate (400-800mg). Wind down with a little reading or pace around my apartment a bit for extra steps.

In bed by 830 or 9 AM. I use my sleep induction mat and wear a sleep mask/black out my windows so that I can sleep well during the day.

Sometimes I try to include the smoothie as a part of my dinner, but that's a lot of carbs early in my day and it's also waaaaay too much food for me to consume comfortably within a 1-hour window. Wondering how I might streamline and improve this schedule further. Work from 7P-7A is the part of my day that isn't negotiable. Everything else has to be built in around it, and often gets half-assed as a result. I work 12s almost daily right now, taking a day off once a week, maybe. I sometimes pick up 16-hour shifts, too, but that just wrecks the aforementioned schedule lol.

I'd like to get more than just walking in as exercise, and I'd even started lifting recently. When I work this much it's hard to fit it in, however. I value my writing time more than I do my lifting time, so the lifting doesn't make the cut, unfortunately.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

• WalterWalter ✭✭✭

For weekdays:

05:30-06:30 wake up

Have glass saltwater upon waking.

Prepare BPC (brew 500ml, 50gr gf butter, 1-2 tbsp MCT with randomly added cinnamon, vanilla, cacaobutter, cacaopowder or ghee)

Or prepare other drink (500ml water, 50gr gf butter, 30gr whey, 2-4 yolks with same random additions)

And/or prepare 2-4 pastured eggs with bacon.

And/or have leftovers from dinner

09:00-12:00 drink remainder of BPC (about half)

13:00-14:00 have macadamia's, cashews, almonds, 85% dark chocolate for lunch

Mineral water and tea with coconut oil. Activated charcoal at end of day on empty stomach.

18:30-20:00 make and eat dinner

Gf ground beef/lamb, lean conventional ground beef, mackerel, cod or salmon. Beef liver once a week.

Vegetables: broccoli, spinach, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, asparagus and cucumber

BP spices added randomly. Bone broth with veggies if I have it.

Once/twice a week with mashed sweet potatoes or white rice. 

Depending on my hunger I'll have some sardines, olives, avocados or dark chocolate after dinner.

21:30-23:00 fall asleep with acupuncture mat, pzizz, and sleep with mask and earplugs.

Notes:

5000 IU vitamin D in the morning

1-2 grams vitamin C with dinner

500mg magnesium malate with dinner

Randomize: NAC, GABA, vitamin K2, glutathione, kelp caps, l-theanine, krill oil, fish oil, vitamin B complex, selenium

After workout: fruit, 5gr BCAA, 30gr whey, 5gr creatine

I eat until satiated which happens damned fast if I don't make it tasty. Lunch is mostly about convenience for the time being. My workouts are either lifting weights (Stronglifts or similar) or sprinting and usually around the weekend where I have more time to eat. Besides that I walk 5 km daily as part of getting to work.

• Jason HooperJason Hooper ✭✭✭
    edited February 2015

I like to mix things up, but here is what one of my current weekdays look like when I am home:

5:30-6:00am - I wake up with my Philips Hue "sunrise" scene and take a cold shower.

6:15am - I alternate between a set of activities (M: BP vibe, T: emWave, W: neurofeedback, R: n-back, F: journaling)

7:15am - I drink my Bulletproof coffee with two tablespoons of butter and Upgraded Brain Octane Oil.

7:30am - 7pm - Work

6:00pm - My Hue lighting system, televisions, phone, and computers sync to f.lux and begin to dim.

7pm - Eat my evening meal and play with my son until he goes to bed.

8:30pm - I alternate between a set of activities (M: Google hangouts family time, T: nearIR therapy, W: meditation, R: tDCS training, F: TRE)

9:00pm - All fixtured lights are set to red.

9:30pm - Some sort of recreational activity with my wife.

12:00pm - Sleep induction mat and cerebral electro-stimulation proticols.

12:30pm - Unconscious

What was your experience with Bulletproof?

Initially, it was hard.  I had a difficult time becoming "fat adapted."  Once I got used to it, my health, career, and relationships improved greatly.  I learned how to balance taking control with letting go.

What Bulletproof product has helped you most?

This is a hard one!  Unfair Advantage is the most noticeable boost for me, but Upgraded Aging plays a more subtle role in several epigenetic co-factors.  Monitor your blood sugar while taking either of these and watch it drop due to increased mitochondrial efficacy.

Did you tweak anything because you are a male or female?​ 

No gender related tweaks, but I find it too easy to adapt to a monotonous protocol which is why I feel the need to keep changing things around.  This enables me to keep growing as a person and shedding my boundaries.

• (cries) was just finishing up contribution here, had been working on it for 90 minutes, and my computer shut down, all gone.
    There must be a silver lining, right?
  • Jason MillerJason Miller Mother nature isn't stupid mod

(cries) was just finishing up contribution here, had been working on it for 90 minutes, and my computer shut down, all gone. There must be a silver lining, right?

The silver lining is you got to practice typing.

My Crossfit auto template programming here, body composition coaching through Eat to Perform here,
  • elaela
    edited February 2015

Typing is part of what I do for a living  :???:  But hopefully the silver lining is that now I make a better post for everyone to read.

The silver lining is you got to practice typing.

So, starting over! Thanks, NicKat, for instigating this. I love how we can all learn from each other despite our different circumstances/needs/goals, and it's always so interesting, too. Funny that this comes up right when I'm having to re-evaluate routines...but that's how it goes, isn't it?

Circumstances/needs/goals up front, to explain why I do what I do: (I'm a girl, about to turn 38, AngloIsraeli living in the US since 2000) --

Celiac (with other food intolerances), Bipolar disorder (and taking lithium and lamotrigine, would like to change this) => celiac and bipolar are correlated, and both conditions may respond well to ketosis. Caution: I've had thyroid and adrenal issues several times in the past as well as acute kidney failure, in case we think ketosis can affect these. Note: I've never tracked my ketone levels, should consider doing so.

Eating disorders (mostly anorexia but a few spells of binge/purge) for over 20 years at this point => between anorexia and manic scarring from bipolar, I'm aware that I'm not the brain superpower I was in my teens and early twenties, so optimizing cognitive function is important to me. (I've also never had a regular menstrual cycle for more than about five month at a stretch and usually nothing at all.) On the other hand, I want to stay in my current 84-90-ish-lb range. This means I need to avoid cravings and hunger, and to eat only what gives most bang for my buck. (And yet after all these years I still possess a shit-eating labrador brain in there somewhere, hence binge-purge episodes). So I'll be eating less of most things than most anyone else and paying special attention to things that cause cravings--and yet I take about four times as much magnesium as anyone I know.

Been mostly vegan my whole life, including a half-dozen years of near-fruitarianism, basically a calorie-restricted version of Durianrider's diet (!) Yes, a bad idea. Note: I realized in recent months that fruit is actually a major cravings-causer for me 

Pre-Bulletproof I came to eggs, albeit sporadically. With Bulletproof, I've been experimenting additionally with anchovies, sardines, oysters/clams/mussels. I've even screwed my courage up to try Bulletproof collagen. Meat and dairy are not going to happen, dairy because I'm allergic to it (including ghee), meat because I just can't (hate how it tastes, except for organ meats oddly enough, and don't feel good after eating it).

Coconut is my go-to. Coconut cream/herbal infusion/spirulina/chlorella-based smoothies for lunch and dinner (with other superfoods, sometimes an egg, sometimes berries, sometimes avocado) is my ideal diet, with Bulletproof coffee or tea in the morning and some nibbly items--nonstarchy veggies, a few nuts/olives, little superfood bites I make out of coconut butter and herbs/spices. So basically my favorite foods are coconut and algae, spices/herbs, veggies, nuts, berries. Fennel and celery have always been my favorite veggies, so nice to see them so Bulletproof approved! Then there's the chocolate issue, which I'll make a different post about.

I thought I'd found the perfect answer to getting coconut cream, but here's why Tetra pak isn't such a good idea: http://www.elaharrison.com/blog/item/when-ignorance-was-bliss-a-look-at-tetra-pak

More on diet:

Pre-bulletproof, I was skipping breakfast and eating lunch and dinner, trying to keep dinner smaller than lunch. I gravitate toward not snacking, but sometimes I feel great if I let myself snack--my damaged guts absolutely can't handle large amounts of food, which is why binge/purging is just suicide, and it happens when I've gone too too too long with too little. My preference is to eat as little as possible as seldom as possible, so if I snack I beat up on myself, and then it's hard to tell whether I feel bad because of the food or the self talk.

With Bulletproof, I gradually added brain octane to my morning tea, and for the past two months I've been doing bulletproof coffee or green tea with brain octane and a bit of coconut oil or rarely coconut (can't do butter, like I said). I have this drink usually sometime around 10 or 11am. This has definitely been an upgrade in terms of steady energy until I eat.

My body's always had a weird and fickle relationship with coffee, whereby even if I drink it with cardamom middle-eastern style, after a few days or at most a few weeks I suddenly can't drink it anymore, physically can't swallow it. I got my Bulletproof beans December 16th, so it's been just over two months now. I make sure to have green tea instead of coffee every few days and not to brew it too strong, and so far so good! I'm impressed.

On that note, I do also tend to combine the coffee with a more calming herbal. Recently this has been chaga tincture or oatstraw infusion or nettle infusion (nettle/coffee with the oils is particularly delicious).

I'd already massively cut back on carbs pre-Bulletproof and moved toward having them in the evening. The most recent experiment was carb cycling as outlined in Skye St John's No-Fail Fat Burning for Women--epic thread on that in the women's forum:http://forum.bulletproofexec.com/index.php?/topic/12851-no-fail-fat-burning-for-women/

I like the idea of carb cycling. Everything about our world is cyclic. But I also have bipolar and tend to extremism, and I also have damaged guts that do well with consistency. I also don't think I understood well the concept of carb cycling as really being ketosis cycling. And this thread has come up just at the time that I acknowledged that I haven't been able to make carb cycling work. Dave says to have some non-veg carb every evening, and going back to having some berries in my evening smoothie is working better for me than trying to have a big load of carbs every four days.

Interestingly for an ex-sugarholic/fruitbat, I have zero cravings for carbs (unless I eat sugar, at which point the sugar craves the sugar). So my "carb refeeds" ended up being calorically overwhelming because I'd have my usual amount of fat to make it palatable to me. If I binge/purge, it's always because I previously fasted (which I have done so much of in my life, and it didn't used to lead to binges but now does), and the whole concept of "refeed" triggered me to fast the day before, then work out fasted, be ravenous and thinking I needed to "refeed," and it just wasn't a good scene.

Again, now that I recognize that "coming out of ketosis" is the point, not "refeeding carbs," I might do better. The other thing is it was pushing me to have the biggest meal in the evening, and my system works better with a lighter dinner, but I also have some trauma around going to bed hungry so much of my life now that I've recognized the importance of sleep.

And the high-intensity workouts every four days have been a really good addition (although they kill me!)

One more food thing: I like to pay attention to my behavior after eating. (I think Dave says this too). Specifically, am I cranky? am I clumsy? am I stupid? Answering those questions is how I reduced carbs so much even before getting into Bulletproof and why avoiding most packaged foods and many cheap supplements is a no-brainer. I'd love to get to the point where instead the questions are am I serene? am I dexterous (for a left-hander)? am I sharp?

Supplements:

I'm a massive and fairly skilled user of herbs. I had listed them all out by category in the lost version of this post, but I can do that elsewhere. Some of my favorites: cardamom, nettles, dandelion, burdock, cloves, ginger, turmeric, peppermint, rhodiola, astragalus, calendula, wild mustards, he shou wou, mucuna, shilajit, comfrey, linden, rosemary, hoodia, caralluma, schisandra.

I've also been playing with nicotine since reading about it in this thread here: http://forum.bulletproofexec.com/index.php?/topic/11698-how-i-use-nicotine-for-weight-loss-and-focus/ I've tried and failed to addict myself to cigarettes a few times over the years (because anything that suppresses appetite appeals to me), and these nicotine toothpicks often seem to help me through the morning.

I believe and experience that the same substance can be food/supplement/medicine.

I also believe and experience that there is a place for whole foods, refined foods, extracts, and even synthetic foods, and that there is a place for single use and compounded substances.

I take the usual suspects--Vit Bs, C, D3, K2, lots of Mg, algae oil DHA, digestive enzymes, betaine HCl, MSM, and sporadically NAC.

Recently added back iodine (Lugol's transdermally).

Recently included ALCAR, and playing with oxaloacetate and Unfair Advantage, and Choline force. I think I have a thing for choline. Sunflower lecithin isn't very tasty objectively, but I could eat it by the spoonful if I let myself.

I'm also using Iberogast with meals. I'm planning on making my own formulation based on it, as there are some notes it misses for me, but it's a really good combination.

I've been playing with vinpocetine and huperzine as cognitive enhancers since before Bulletproof and haven't yet noticed a consistent effect (but too many other variables).

I'd really like to try (a) 'racetam(s) and just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Other

I rebound for ten minutes first thing when I get up. Sometimes lie under an infrared heat lamp. Have f.lux on my computer and wear blue blockers if I have to drive at night, and sometimes just for around the house, although I've changed my bulbs to amber. I love to garden and wildcraft herbs, and I don't do enough of these things. Days I spend more time outside are generally better days, and a good hike at least once a week is important medicine.

I've been a meditator for a long time, have found tremendous help from tapping when I can make myself do it, am extremely fascinated by the power of sound to create ("in the beginning was the word"). And hrv and the other methods discussed in Bulletproof circles are manna to me. I haven't yet tried anything out beyond headspace, but I'm sure I will do so.

I'm so glad that I committed to bed by 11pm some months ago. The difference is phenomenal

Special gender-related tweaks? This would mainly involve carbs, right? For me, the carb issue is mainly seeing how low I can go (benefiting bipolar/celiac) without upsetting mucus production/adrenals/kidneys/thyroid. Since my lady hormones are probably shut down, I guess it's kind of moot.

• edited March 2015

Honestly, I have no idea what to think of me + Bulletproof at the moment. Maybe Dave or someone on staff can help me out here.

I've been fighting with "high cholesterol" for a while now (read years, before and after going "paleo" about 4 years ago now) but also had low HDL and high Trig's.

My current routine:

Wake up 8am and stretch/wake up in bed, out of bed no later than 9.  Reason for this is in the morning it feels like my bones will shatter if I try to move too much without stretching. Fibromyalgia is a jerkface.

Get out of bed and dodge cats mournful cries for food.  Pick up dirty blender jar and take to kitchen.  Apply soap and water, put top on. Start coffee in press. Make a glass of water with 1tsp sole.  Walk back to blender in my computer room (it's a blendtec, it's loud so it's only fair of me) and get the soap and water moving and let sit.  Sort pills for the day.

Morning:

Vitamin K2 (Super K from LE), (Savella, Gabapentin, Singulair, Zetonna nasal spray for allergies (only pharmaceuticals)), 7000iu Vitamin D (prescribed by immunologist),Lipase, Boron (every other day), B-50 once a week (now stopped, changing to individual B's and methylated folate), 1 Curcurmin pill, PQQ (might need to change to liposomal PQQ), CoQ10 w/bioperine, chromium w/ vanadium every other day

Finish up BP coffee and start drinking it between 9 and 9:30 to have a chance at being on work on time. (rarely happens, thanks fibro!)

Read the verge, catch up on G+ forums, shower then go to work.

Afternoon:

Lunch is a big ass salad. 1 cup mixed greens, 1 cup arugula, almonds, walnuts, grass fed flank steak 3oz, avocado, radish.

Supplements at lunch time are 2 activated charcoal, 4 choline force (although I don't feel it does anything for me, might not continue), 1 Calcium AEP, 2 Calcium D-Glucarate, 1 Artic Krill pill, CoQ10 w/bioperine, Curcurmin

Some sort of snack mid-afternoon to kill cravings in the form of macadamia nuts, almonds, or cashews.

4pm: Try to stretch and do minimal exercise every day at this time. (Fibro is about balance, too much under or over can cause a flareup. I can do about 2.5mi/day on my feet even on a good day without bad things happening)

Pills: Gabapentin, sometimes flexeril for non-fibro pain symptoms (4pm circadian lag pain) Supplements: Curcurmin, CoQ10, PQQ, sometimes Smart Caffeine from Natural Stacks if I'm laggin' too hard, rhodiola rosea, 

Get home around 8:30 PM:

Dinner is usually simple.  Grass fed beef patties, fish, chicken thighs, etc for meat (I'm in SF, of course it's all organic, wild caught, buzzword laden and usually even local.)  1/4 cup rice or sweet potato or beets, lots of greens of some sort.

10pm: prep for bed time, when I start unwinding from digital devices

Pharma: Gabapentin, Zyrtec  Supplements: Real Calm magnesium ~600mg, 1 time release melatonin, curcurmin, rhodiola rosea,  

There's a few supplements missing from this list that I'm reordering. Vitamin C, Iodine, etc.

From my G+ post before I decided to write my routine down here:

I just got a bunch of bloodwork done and was told I had the MTHFR homozygous gene mutation (thanks Dave for actually having an episode on it, first I heard about it was from my doctor!) and am stopping my b-50 complex and separating them out again and going with methylated folate.  Not sure if this will help with my cholesterol and while I have a pretty enlightened doctor, I don't know how long I can keep the statin's at bay before needing to find a new doctor.

My LDL is really really high. I'm 5'10, 170lbs and have 292 total cholesterol with an HDL of only 38.  My LDL-c is 225 and I'm going to push for an LDL-p/LDS (something something) test to find my particle count. The report says I might have Familial Hypercholesterolemia.  My brother whole eats Whole30 to my Bulletproof has almost exactly the same numbers and is in the same boat.  We're desperately trying to avoid statins.  I have fibromyalgia and maybe osteoarthritis to boot so taking statin's sounds like something that might put me on permanent disability even if it's "fixing" me.

Do you know anything about Eos (absolute)?  Mine is really high at a range of 1 when >.4 is normal.  This would make sense with my year round allergies and food intolerances, but I haven't been eating any food I'm allergic to at least in a while.  Really hoping it's not lukemia (slowest acting lukemia ever if it is) or Cushing's Disease (which sounds a lot like my fibro symptoms.)  I'm negative for Lyme.

However, since I went bulletproof, my triglycerides came down into normal range for the first time in 8 years.  My blood sugar is down from 118 or so a few years back to 100 now.  I went from being in serious cognitive decline from the fibromyalgia to the point where disability seemed my next route.  Now I feel like the me from 10+ years ago is back, at least mentally.  I don't get fatigued as much anymore, also mentally, I'm able to take a programming class outside of work and pick up on things quickly and feel like I'm able to be social a lot more too. Also my anxiety/panic disorder seems to have all but vanished.  I haven't had to take an anti-anxiety pill since I started the diet strictly (coming from years of ancestral health diet tweaking) although I've taken one "just in case" in a few social situations I'd normally have issues with.  My depression seems to have lifted quite a bit too and in general my good mood helps me manage my pain which has not improved and has only gotten worse these past 2 months (not really blaming the diet, it just doesn't seem to be helping for pain/body function outside mental stuff.)  My supplement list is at the point like many bio-hackers where I now need a database to manage it all properly and to share with my doctor.  What am I doing wrong?  Or more importantly what should I talk to my doctor about when it comes to the high cholesterol and the pain getting worse?  Just try and get a particle size test and wait and see?  Get all the really expensive crazy tests done for rare disease that I probably don't have?

Regardless, thanks for giving me my mind back if not my entire body.

• edited March 2015

I posted all my stuff below.  I've been eating paleo/ancestral for 4 years, been following the BP diet for 2 months solid now.  One thing I didn't mention is I lost the weight I wanted then stuck at ~170 which I feel is where I feel most healthiest anyway.  But with chronic disease I can't exercise a lot to tone it all up.

Greer, not sure why it cut off the line I wanted to save.  Anyway 36 years old, big sports background (all academic no college) followed by a decade of camping, outdoor stuff, raves (lots and lots of dancing) and now I'm basically crippled today and even fear going to a friends house since it's not an environment I can control my comfort levels or just go lie down.  Fibromyalgia sucks.  I've been paleo/ancestral for about 4 years now and BP for 2 months.

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015

Morning without alarm (usually between 7 and 9):

infrared light, uv light, HRV measurements, HRV training with holosync in background, foam rolling

BP tea: white tea, sencha redbush, 5g cinamon, butter and mct or brain octane, cocoa, stevia

boswelia

boswellia 1600mg

Supplements

I started using cronometer and take vitamins based on that. I changed the vitamin values to bulletproof values. For example I need 800IU Vitamin D per day.

I don't take that all with supplements either cause I use the UVB device which has the biggest impact on how I feel so far except for bulletproof tea/coffee.

https://cronometer.com/#

https://www.bulletproofexec.com/optimize-your-supplements/

I go outside and ride the bike around the lake (low intensity)

dual n back training

lemon water with salt, extra potassium, cayenne, stevia

fasting

12:00 /13:00

bp tea again second infusion

fasting

3g  tyrosin package empty. will se how I perform without the tyrosin/5-htp/l glutamin mix. working 10-12 hours per day atm but feel good so far.

lemon water again with l-glutamin

when I start getting tired or feeling like I need it. 15:00 - 17:00

lunch with cruciferous veggies and preferably fish or grass fed beef

boswellia

ginger water with stevia

evening 20:00

300mg 5htp

boswellia

red light/red glasses

maybe again same food as for lunch... or a simple salad or some olives or I yesterday I had some dark chocolate and nuts. put them together in my mouth. :D

in the evening I eat more magnesium enriched salt

watch tv

read a book

if i didn't do a full 30 min holosync in the morning i do it now or maybe another hrv training session... depends on how much time i have.

sleep

Night:

ICES device either on my back or on my wrist.

http://selfhacked.com/2015/03/13/ices-the-closest-thing-to-a-fatigue-and-inflammation-cure-upgraded-pemf/

ear plugs

sleeping mask

pillow with NASA technology. xD

air purifier

Weekly

once a week I do BBS training on once a week HIIT bike riding. atm saturdays and sundays...

I On these days no fasting or  I get some kind of metabolic break down... so I have protein shake on saturdays and a an iso drink with d-ribose, creatine and glutamin, before and after workout. And my iso drinkt with some D Ribose during workout.

In these days I have carbs, aiming for 200g. White rice noodles on one day, paleo moms perfect paleo pancakes (with plantains) and lots of berries, honey and seeet potato fritters... i eat after workout. basically i spend cooking and eating the entire day after workout.^^

45min HIIT cardio was too much. I want to loose some more weight and stay healthy and maybe look good naked and it takes too long to geed back into keto and it doesn't seem the best approach.

I'm going to start BBS like training 20 min twice a week with different routines. Saturdays almost standard BBS at home workout. Wednesdays extra workout for neck, core muscles and legs...

And 2-3 times 20 min HIIT cardio per week.

Based on this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/19wsr4/hi_loseit_i_went_from_215_19_at_bodyfat_to_187_at

On mondays rest days once a week I do protein fasting without carb refeeds. So all I have on these days is veggies and fat... depending on how I feel I might do this on tuesdays instead of mondays.

If I eat too much carbs I start feeling tired, put on weight (normal) and I start getting pimples quickly.

Once a week I drink BP coffee instead of tea. Usually on weekends because I like the taste...

Teeth

I use Denttabs for my theetht. *amazing*

once a week I use charcoal and extra elmex gel after that.

I love that

Foods I have to avoid:

Gluten

Cashews

red currants (possibly all berries in various degrees)

digestive issues (gas/loose stool)

I believe some legumes but soy is ok....

Very old cheese?

burning sensation in mouth

Conditions and what I do:

...to be continued. I could post all kinds of studiers I collected. not sure. this post gets crowded. hehe

Comming up biohacks:

LASERS

adjustments to my workout routine and food intake.

this is all WIP

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    DMan...what does the boswellia do for you

fake it till you make it

I am participating in a clinical trial on boswellia for MS. it has been shown to work for other inflamatory conditions (I believe Crohns disease) and not it's being tested for MS. Seems to work. The best thing about it is that it has no side effects except it makes your urine yellow....

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• NickatNickat
    edited March 2015

Great start to this thread guys but please don`t think that this forum is a one time lifetime only deal. We all need more time to see what`s up with ourselves and the results on our individual BP Diet Plans or Hacks.

We understand why some of you might wait to post your works as it is: still in progress. If it changes just edit your original post and say so giving reasons why you made the change. You might have discovered a better supplement, a herbal remedy, a different hack of any kind that has helped your DAILY ROUTINE achieve what you better want. Change is allowed here and so are your works in progress. 

Biohacking is the practice of engaging biology with the hacker ethic (access, freedom of information, and improvement of quality of life). 

• I'm still trying to formulate a BP plan/schedule. Tell me, please, if anyone sees errors or counterproductivities in this draft:

Morning: BP coffee, all my supplements (currently K2, D, calcium, beef liver, C, oregano oil, fish oil, turmeric, olive leaf...I think that's everything) except those mentioned below for bedtime.

1:00ish: BP friendly lunch meal of BP meats, veggies, and fats

5:00-7:00ish: Sometimes I'm not hungry for dinner at all if I've done a really good job keeping my lunch on track with BP guidelines. Is it okay to skip dinner if I don't want anything? Sometimes I just want an avocado/cocoa pudding-like mash up with 1 tsp honey. Sometimes I'll add berries to that.

Before bed: whey protein and collagen drink, maybe with some more BP greens, spirulina, and magnesium. Depends on whether I've eaten a dinner. Sometimes just the collagen and magnesium alone. 

Does that sound okay?  Anything significant that I'm missing? Anything I'm misguided on?

• i saw that you've been taking shilajit. i'm pretty fascinated by the substance.  can you possibly recommend me a good brand?

over the past year or so, i've been experimenting a bit with shilajit and a number of other mitochondrial-enhancing supplements. These include: pqq, ubiquinol, c60, nad+, etc ... shilajit is one of the more noticeable substances that i have taken.

The first shilajit product I tried was jarrow's shilajit fulvic acid complex. A waste of money in my opinion. I've gone through an entire bottle without feeling a thing. It is my understanding that a number of the active ingredients in shilajit degrade when it is heavily processed and turned into a powder - but i'm not positive this is the case. I am also a bit hazy as to how standarized fulvic acid levels are made, and whether or not the levels are anywhere close to what would be found naturally in shialjit.

However, I recently have had a good experience with PurBlack that I purchased from amazon. i can say that this is far higher quality than the jarrow product, which had absolutely no odor or taste. I'm fairly certain that I get a significant boost in energy and increase in thermogenesis after taking the PurBlack shilajit.  like a fine ginseng root, good shilajit doesn't come cheap. and while ginseng can be produced in just 6 years of so, shilajit takes several thousand years...

• My only queries are--why are you taking calcium? For most people it's really not necessary and can be detrimental.

I'm also curious about oregano oil on a daily basis. Since you're doing olive leaf as well, I'm guessing you're dealing with some sort of fungal issue. But oregano oil is such a strong and concentrated aromatic compound, I'd be wary of long-term continuous use.

Eating oregano and rosemary on the regular is a fine idea, though

Sounds like you've got a pretty good handle on it!

I'm still trying to formulate a BP plan/schedule. Tell me, please, if anyone sees errors or counterproductivities in this draft:

Morning: BP coffee, all my supplements (currently K2, D, calcium, beef liver, C, oregano oil, fish oil, turmeric, olive leaf...I think that's everything) except those mentioned below for bedtime.

1:00ish: BP friendly lunch meal of BP meats, veggies, and fats

5:00-7:00ish: Sometimes I'm not hungry for dinner at all if I've done a really good job keeping my lunch on track with BP guidelines. Is it okay to skip dinner if I don't want anything? Sometimes I just want an avocado/cocoa pudding-like mash up with 1 tsp honey. Sometimes I'll add berries to that.

Before bed: whey protein and collagen drink, maybe with some more BP greens, spirulina, and magnesium. Depends on whether I've eaten a dinner. Sometimes just the collagen and magnesium alone. 

Does that sound okay?  Anything significant that I'm missing? Anything I'm misguided on?

• I'm fascinated by shilajit also. I've had a 4-oz bag from Longevity Warehouse for about two years. Which I guess means I haven't been consuming it very regularly and only in tiny quantities--it does taste pretty strong!! I actually like the taste and smell, but they are intense. Just like ginseng, it's definitely a product susceptible to cheap mimics. Interesting, I thought Jarrow was normally good. But Longevity Warehouse is high end. 

I had just been thinking I wanted to consume more of it, and have been having it daily, and have a fresh bag. What differences do you notice when taking it? What should I look out for?

i saw that you've been taking shilajit. i'm pretty fascinated by the substance.  can you possibly recommend me a good brand?

over the past year or so, i've been experimenting a bit with shilajit and a number of other mitochondrial-enhancing supplements. These include: pqq, ubiquinol, c60, nad+, etc ... shilajit is one of the more noticeable substances that i have taken.

The first shilajit product I tried was jarrow's shilajit fulvic acid complex. A waste of money in my opinion. I've gone through an entire bottle without feeling a thing. It is my understanding that a number of the active ingredients in shilajit degrade when it is heavily processed and turned into a powder - but i'm not positive this is the case. I am also a bit hazy as to how standarized fulvic acid levels are made, and whether or not the levels are anywhere close to what would be found naturally in shialjit.

However, I recently have had a good experience with PurBlack that I purchased from amazon. i can say that this is far higher quality than the jarrow product, which had absolutely no odor or taste. I'm fairly certain that I get a significant boost in energy and increase in thermogenesis after taking the PurBlack shilajit.  like a fine ginseng root, good shilajit doesn't come cheap. and while ginseng can be produced in just 6 years of so, shilajit takes several thousand years...

Updated my post...

How much to eat:

• My bulletproof routine as of lately (as mentioned above, this routine is ever changing). Some quick background, I am the store manager of a jewelry store in a mall and work 50+ retail hours per week and am a 26 year old male.

7:20am - Wake up with Phillips Wake Up Light. I then immediately take a pinch of salt and wash it down with a small glass of water. I then make a batch of bulletproof coffee for my fiancé and I. I am currently using a Breville U-Brew and a Blendtec Blender. We use Kerrygold and coconut oil, as MCT seems to provide a little too much energy to me on an empty stomach. I also religiously use the 5 Minute Journal App around this time.

7:40am - I like to do a few stretches and yoga poses (preferably outside in my backyard if temperature allows) and then do a minimum of 7 minutes of HRV training using my emWave 2 on my Macbook Pro. 

8am - Supplements!

• Vitamin A - Source Naturals -10,000 iu
    • Thorne Research Basic B Complex 
    • Vitamin C - Solaray Time Released - 1000mg
    • Vitamin D3 in Cholesterol / Coconut Oil - 5,000 iu
    • Vitamin K2 - Life Extension
    • Kelp (for iodine) - Now Foods Brand
    • Occasionally I will add one or more of the following depending on daily goals: Glutathione, Krill Oil, Ciltep, GABA Wave, Modifilan (not to be confused with modafinil), Alpha-Brain or Shroomtech Sport

8:30am - Take a cold shower and get suited up for work. I use a 6 Pack Bags Executive Briefcase 300 to pack my lunch and dinner and all other work essentials.

9:15am- 5:30pm / 9:30pm - I typically work 5-6 day work weeks depending on traffic and either leave at 5:30pm or stay till close... this really varies though.

As far as meals through the day go I usually have a salad for lunch with avocados and assorted veggies and top this with a mixture of MCT oil and balsamic vinegar, some days I will add smoked sockeye salmon to this as well. For dinner I usually precook meals that consist of grassfed beef, veggies and a small amount of rice. I usually prep small baggies with krill oil, desiccated liver and a probiotic to take with a meal at work. I also pack activated charcoal just incase I start to fell as if I need it. If I am still hungry when I get home from work I will have a sweet potato with kerrygold and cinnamon or Yogi Bedtime tea with collagen.

10pm- Night time supplements

• Magnesium (either Doctors Best or Natural Calm)
    • Krill or fish oil

11pm - In bed with only orange lights. I have a Beddit sensor but by this time I am often tired enough I forget to set it. I also have a sleep induction mat but I also only use this infrequently.

• This is such a good idea for a thread, and it's dying! When I follow my routine to a tea I feel energetic yet calm, and get more done without even thinking about it. I usually have black coffee with my morning water, but as soon as the coffee I have runs out, I'm going to be getting rid of it. If I don't need it, I won't have it. I will also be increasing my calories. 

My routine:

Current Routine:

Wake up

Drink 1.5 litre bottle of water

L-glutamine: 10g

L-theanine: 200mg

Vit c: 5g

Vit d: 5,000 iu

Iodine: 2mg

Selenium 200mcg

Fish oil: 5000mg

Lunch (around 12-1)

200-300g bacon/chicken/beef/salmon cooked in coconut oil, about 150g of broccoli/bok choy/green beans, one avocado, pink salt, 1 tbspn coconut oil on top.

Work (from 1-7, getting home 7:30 to 8, Mon-Fri). This entails walking for about 4.5 hours.

Dinner (between 8-9 depending on working out)

Above, minus avocado

Bed 

Magnesium: 1200mg

Honey: 1 tspn

Trying to fix: cheating with bad foods which I know effect me negatively, getting rid of black circles under eyes, losing weight

My log: http://forum.bulletproofexec.com/index.php?/topic/14703-going-to-get-there/

• At the moment my eating protocol:

Morning Supps/Coffee: 10am

D3 (5k)

Krill Oil

K2 

2 g Vit C

Coffee: Bulletproof coffee 

2tbsp grass fed butter

2tbsp brain octane

1tbsp collagen

L-Theanine 

Brunch: 2:30pm

2 Soft boiled eggs

4-6oz grass fed beef`

Protein Shake: 4:00pm

Naked grass fed Whey - 2 Scoops (30g Protein)

5g Creatine monohydrate

5g L-Glutamine

Lunch: 5:30pm

1 cup steamed broccoli / brussel sprouts

4oz of cooked wild salmon / can of sardines or smoked mackerel

If its a training day I include 1/2 cup cooked white rice.

Dinner: 8:30pm

2 soft boiled eggs 

4-6oz of grass fed beef / Or more Wild salmon (4-6oz)

1/2 cooked white rice

1-2 cups of Steamed Broccoli/Zucchini/brussel sprouts

Bedtime: 11:30pm

Naked Whey (1 scoop)

1tbsp of collagen

magnesium glycinate 

2 g Vit C

CoQ10

200mg potassium 

5g L-Glutamine

on occasion a scoop of Potato Starch (once a week)

Also depending on if i trained hard added dextrose/Vitargo 50g

Also if im craving something sweet, some raw honey 

Dick pics sent to Rhonda Patrick

Lost it.