Avocado Brownies

A friend made them.  They look and sound delicious.

Ingredients:

Almond meal

Coconut oil

Coconut palm sugar

walnuts

dark chocolate

avocados 

Comments

• *i realize i don't have the ingredient amounts / instructions.  low-quality post ... my bad ... but had to brag re: how good it sounds

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

Sounds like they'd be really tasty, though if they require baking I'm not sure how BP they'd be. Cooking avocado is probably not a good idea. The O6 in the avocados isn't especially heat stable.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• You wouldn't really need to bake these. The fridge would be fine.

• Probably melt the dark chocolate au bain Marie, you could stir in some lightly beaten egg yolks in if you want to, then stir in the crumbled nuts and almond meal. Add coconut oil, or butter. It will add to the mouth feeling and taste. Coconut oil will get very hard when cooling, don't do too much when in doubt. i'd say no more than a quarter of the volumen you already have. You'd want to run the avocado through a food processor first before stirring them in, off the fire amd when the mass is lukewarm. It will soften up the mass and you'll get more brownies. How much? I would settle for a third of what you already have. As to the quantities, you'd need to balance the fluid chocolate mix with enough nuts and almond meal till it is quite thick. If you have used all ingredients except the sugar, you must taste and add sweetener to taste. Other ingredients that you could have added to make the mass thicker would be cocoa nibs or grated coconut. The egg yolks can provide extra nutrition taste as well as binding, if you heat and stir carefully, you wouldn't want to overheat.

Best to keep it simple and stupid the first try, and make the smallest amount possible. Cool the mass in a brownie tin layered with baking paper in the fridge. Some flaked almonds on top, would be nice.
  • I just want to mix this up, and spoon feed it to myself or a loved one :D

Or put it into little those baking molds, and toss em in the freezer. Or fridge.

mmmmmmmm.....

• Someone make these :)

Actually, it'd be even better if you could get Sacha Inchi seeds to use in place of Walnuts. Sacha Inchi seeds have a better O3 to O6 profile than Walnuts do.

• the Sacha Inchi seeds are only available roasted, right?  they're pretty tasty, but i would say that at least 1/6th of the bag i bought tasted moldy.  i think the oils would not be very heat stable.

• Brownies sound great! Has anyone made these? I'm not one to cook new things w/o knowing ingredient amounts. Thanks