Alcohol Alternatives?

Hey Everyone,

So I've been gradually finding myself moving more-and-more away from the booze. -- I like a solid buzz every now and then but frankly, as I drink less, I find that I don't miss it at all. Additionally, I can operate just fine without it, and hate the fact that I kind of feel crappy during/after drinking. So it has me wondering if anybody has experienced any relative combos or hacks for alcohol alternatives out there? I was thinking:

1) GABA? -- I've been taking one dose but it hasn't really done much for me, so was thinking of maybe taking 2?

2) Aniracetam? --- Often when I take this I find that I'm mellowed, have a great appreciation for music/color, and am more sociable.

3) Combos of the above with THC?

4) Adaptogenic Herbs?

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys, thanks.

Comments

• thc, combined with more thc?

try a ginger bath? that'll definitely leave you feeling pretty relaxed/altered...

• This may sound rediculous to some, but in my world, it is a big step in the right direction...

I've been a very heavy drinker since college days (around 1989) with buddies going from the dorm life and clubbing, to getting married and drinking at home after work.  I believe over the last 14 years I had averaged close to a 1.75L bottle of vodka or tequilla every two days, sometimes it would last closer to 3 days...mixed with Tropicana orange juice.  Screwdrivers were my staple.  I sat down and did the math and calculated how much I spent on average per month, and decided to make the switch to using the same budget and upgraded my drinking, and supplement with high grade cannabis.

Since November I have been averaging around 2-3 bottles of high quality single malt Scotch (.750L) per week. I've been trying a bunch of different brands and ages to see my favorite taste.  I really, really love it.  Bought some Glencairn glasses and mix in a splash of water (no ice) and just sip it.  The smells are so amazing, that I'll just put my nose in the glass and take a big whiff and wet my whistle and set it down. 

So by making the switch, I have cut my alcohol monthly intake by more than half. (57% decrease)  Higher quality alcohol as well.

The biggest advantage is I have eliminated between 15-18 GALLONS of Tropicana orange juice PER MONTH and all of that garbage sugar!

I've been losing around a pound every couple weeks as well thanks to that switch.  I did catch my first "cold" in like 4 years, but that's fine with me...I just upped my vitamin C supplement intake! :D

I doubt this helps much, but felt if it didn't, at least it will make most drinkers here feel like they are light drinkers in comparison! :D :D :D

Seeing through the chaotic.
  • The gabawave helps, definitely not an everyday driver, though.

Phenibut (the active ingredient in gabawave) is great for winding down and reducing anxiety. Just be careful to not abuse it, as there are some bad dependency stories with that stuff. As a rule I never take it two days in a row.
  • Phenibut, piracetam, aniracetam, rhodiola, ashwagandha, Relora, TMG, high CBD strain of marijuana. 

My personal blog : healthbydiet.net

• This may sound rediculous to some, but in my world, it is a big step in the right direction...

I've been a very heavy drinker since college days (around 1989) with buddies going from the dorm life and clubbing, to getting married and drinking at home after work.  I believe over the last 14 years I had averaged close to a 1.75L bottle of vodka or tequilla every two days, sometimes it would last closer to 3 days...mixed with Tropicana orange juice.  Screwdrivers were my staple.  I sat down and did the math and calculated how much I spent on average per month, and decided to make the switch to using the same budget and upgraded my drinking, and supplement with high grade cannabis.

Since November I have been averaging around 2-3 bottles of high quality single malt Scotch (.750L) per week. I've been trying a bunch of different brands and ages to see my favorite taste.  I really, really love it.  Bought some Glencairn glasses and mix in a splash of water (no ice) and just sip it.  The smells are so amazing, that I'll just put my nose in the glass and take a big whiff and wet my whistle and set it down. 

So by making the switch, I have cut my alcohol monthly intake by more than half. (57% decrease)  Higher quality alcohol as well.

The biggest advantage is I have eliminated between 15-18 GALLONS of Tropicana orange juice PER MONTH and all of that garbage sugar!

I've been losing around a pound every couple weeks as well thanks to that switch.  I did catch my first "cold" in like 4 years, but that's fine with me...I just upped my vitamin C supplement intake! :D

I doubt this helps much, but felt if it didn't, at least it will make most drinkers here feel like they are light drinkers in comparison! :D :D :D

I bet your liver and pancreas hate you.