Food Addiction Help?

I have been trying to follow the bulletproof diet way of eating but I think I have self diagnosed myself with food addiction.

Right now my issue is trying to keep cheese and diet soda out of my diet.

Even though I really want to remove it and from reading the bulletproof diet book I can see the negatives I still seem to have driven to the shops last night, bought a large bottle of diet soda, 2 x 500g bags of nuts and 1kg of cheese, and I ate it all that night. Even though I had a filling dinner of squid fried in animal fat + veggies also had a BPC for beakfast.

Anyone had this issue or similar I need help!

Comments

• food addiction? maybe you just have cravings/were hungry and need better food choices when that happens. Some days I feel particularly stressed or oddly hungry and I'll eat an extra 500-1000 calories of good food. I don't consider that an addiction, It's a response to what my body is telling me. Now, I wouldn't choose to respond with diet pepsi or that much cheese... so better choices might be in order here, or breaking a soda addiction, but just being hungry or having cravings is pretty normal.

How much did you eat, prior to this night time run, other than the squid and bpc? because squid, veggies, and a bpc alone are probably not enough for a whole day.

• food addiction? maybe you just have cravings/were hungry and need better food choices when that happens. Some days I feel particularly stressed or oddly hungry and I'll eat an extra 500-1000 calories of good food. I don't consider that an addiction, It's a response to what my body is telling me. Now, I wouldn't choose to respond with diet pepsi or that much cheese... so better choices might be in order here, or breaking a soda addiction, but just being hungry or having cravings is pretty normal.

How much did you eat, prior to this night time run, other than the squid and bpc? because squid, veggies, and a bpc alone are probably not enough for a whole day.

I had BPC for bfast, then between lunch and dinner at 1kg of squid and 6 servings of green veggies all with tonnes of butter. I wasn't hungry I just felt like eating it, maybe because I am trying to cut them out and I was home alone on a saturday night with nothing better to do

• buy "the diet cure" by julia ross http://www.amazon.com/The-Diet-Cure-Rebalance-Swings-Naturally/dp/0143120859 . use her supplement ideas and ignore the food stuff.

some people need more frequent carb refeeds. perhaps refeed more often or include a small amount of carb on a daily basis.

include more sour foods in the diet to quell cravings (dandelion greens, arugala, etc). this is a TCM trick and i have found it really helps. I know it sounds whacky. 

resetting your sleep schedule to avoid being up late will go a LONG way.

i would also rule out a gut imbalance such as candida.

best of luck!

• buy "the diet cure" by julia ross http://www.amazon.com/The-Diet-Cure-Rebalance-Swings-Naturally/dp/0143120859 . use her supplement ideas and ignore the food stuff.

some people need more frequent carb refeeds. perhaps refeed more often or include a small amount of carb on a daily basis.

include more sour foods in the diet to quell cravings (dandelion greens, arugala, etc). this is a TCM trick and i have found it really helps. I know it sounds whacky. 

resetting your sleep schedule to avoid being up late will go a LONG way.

i would also rule out a gut imbalance such as candida.

best of luck!

I found that carbs makes me over eat carbs, but if I avoid them and eat cheese I don't put on weight, but if I do carb re-feed I binge on them and put on tonnes of weight, I still lost 1kg and feel better eating a lot of cheese and macadamia nuts but I know Dave says cheese is no good hence why I am trying to cut it

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

I found that carbs makes me over eat carbs, but if I avoid them and eat cheese I don't put on weight, but if I do carb re-feed I binge on them and put on tonnes of weight, I still lost 1kg and feel better eating a lot of cheese and macadamia nuts but I know Dave says cheese is no good hence why I am trying to cut it

Water weight changes according to carb intake are normal. It's not fat. Though I do understand if you feel better on a lower weight, same with me.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• I am having trouble finding much about this, but i have read that the presence or absence of certain gut bacteria (i dont know which) can cause trouble digesting carbs. it makes sense to me that difficulty digesting would result in food cravings - i certainly know that to be the case for myself. If i come across anything specific i will be sure to report back! message me if you are interested, I am likely to lose track of this thread by the time I figure this out. just out of curiosity, have you been very low carb for a long period of time? I am having similar issues when i try to refeed - or include any non fruit carbs, and i believe it is at least partially due to the extreme lack of carbs in my diet over an extended time frame. I was also wondering if you are insulin resistant (i am, despite being a normal weight and 24) or if you have had a glucose tolerance test. candida issues? sibo? 

• also, its worth noting that many people crave what they are allergic to, and eating what you are allergic to will DEFINITELY make you really hungry

• Thanks for the reply guys I am going to see if I can find that book at my local book store, will add it to my reading list (currently reading bulletproof diet book)

I decided to increase my dose of bulletproof coffee in the morning and see if that will keep me from craving cheese at night, Also for dinner I will have a bunch of red meat the fattiest cut which I was looking through my last weeks food logs and the days I ate a lot of red meat I didn't crave cheese but after fish I did, maybe because I ate less fat with the fish but more fat with the red meat?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file