Taking Bentonite Clay Orally

In the most recent BPR interview with Andy Hnilo, Dave briefly touched on how he consumes a tbsp of bentonite clay with every meal because it pulls toxins out of whatever you've eaten.

So I have a some questions regarding the product:

1. What brand, if any, do you use? 

2. Is this brand any good? (I bought it in the past because of how cheap it is).

3. Is bentonite clay a replacement for activated charcoal? 

Tagged:

Comments

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    I wonder...does it pull any of the 'good stuff' out of foods as well...?

fake it till you make it

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

I wonder...does it pull any of the 'good stuff' out of foods as well...?

This is a good question. And, for that matter, is consuming so much clay good for you? Will it stop you up like too much charcoal? I really feel like consuming charcoal/clay with every meal is mad overkill. Maybe I'm not a super-enlightened, upgraded Bulletproof Yogi, but doesn't that seem like a bit much?

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• NickatNickat
    edited February 2015
    We take it mid morning between our coffee and lunch instead of activated charcoal. Like to swop out our detoxing from time to time. Don't buy the powdered form as it is so fine can easily be disturbed and inhaled into your lungs. Buy a prepared liquid is better. It is more expensive as a liquid suspension but a little goes a long way.