Increase Parasympathetic Tone

Hi everyone,

My HRV (per SweetBeat) averages about 76, which, I think, is an ok average. However, my HF levels are stupidly low - it's rare for my HF to go above 1000, and usually the LF to HF ratio is around 4:1, if not higher.

I was wondering about ways to improve my HF numbers. Or what others have experienced. I don't feel particularly stressed, but maybe it's related to burn out.

Thanks for your input!

Comments

• Josquin - My only input is that when I was using SweetBeat regularly I was also using an Inner Balance HRV trainer.  My HF levels were always weak but I am able to maintain a high state of coherence using the Inner Balance.  Unfortunately my chest strap broke so I haven't been able to check my SweetBeat numbers in almost a year but using the Inner Balance has reassured me that I can at least cause my nervous system to be under control even though I never had the frequency numbers I want.  

I hope this thread takes off!!

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

Do you measure them always more or less at the same time of the day?

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• James - I manage to maintain high coherence as well. Maybe it's related to managing the Sympathetic nervous system while not necessarily improving the parasympathetic?

Reka - I do! Always right when I wake up and less consistently before I go to bed.

Typically before bed my LF will drop closer to my HF numbers
  • RekaReka ✭✭✭

I've been playing around with it but very inconsistently. After lunch when I was also feeling more tired / less fresh my values were as balanced as 65/35 sometimes. At other times, especially around 10-11 in the morning, they were always around 90/10 or so. I'm not sure if lots of practice helped bring it down a bit, in order to say that I should do it more consistently both in the morning and afternoon.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.