Bulletproof Protein Fasting

Today is my first day of Bulletproof Protein Fasting, I'm curious what to expect. If you have done the Protein Fast before, please post some of your experience. I'm curious if I should expect to notice a decrease in inflammation / Belly Fat when I wake up tomorrow morning, or does it take more time to see results?

Comments

• I talked about a recent experience protein-fasting here, but to summarize I basically I did BPIF with BPC like normal from 7 am to 6 pm. Dinner consisted of 2 carrots , 4 celery stalks , guacamole,  200g worth of sweet potato roasted in coconut oil, a cup of white rice with grass-fed butter, and even a tiny bit of dark chocolate. I used a quick and dirty excel spreadsheet to add up the protein in these foods to make sure I stayed under 15g.

The most striking thing about it was that while eating this mega carb and healthy fat dinner I felt literally euphoric. I felt an immediate improvement the next morning. More importantly, I had sustained improvement for the next few weeks so long as I made good choices. Make sure you follow the guidelines. Watch out for veggies that are high protein sources (broccoli, kale, spinach, romaine, or even too much avocado...). Don't do it the day of or the day after exercise. 

Good luck! 

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭

I talked about a recent experience protein-fasting here, but to summarize I basically I did BPIF with BPC like normal from 7 am to 6 pm. Dinner consisted of 2 carrots , 4 celery stalks , guacamole,  200g worth of sweet potato roasted in coconut oil, a cup of white rice with grass-fed butter, and even a tiny bit of dark chocolate. I used a quick and dirty excel spreadsheet to add up the protein in these foods to make sure I stayed under 15g.

The most striking thing about it was that while eating this mega carb and healthy fat dinner I felt literally euphoric. I felt an immediate improvement the next morning. More importantly, I had sustained improvement for the next few weeks so long as I made good choices. Make sure you follow the guidelines. Watch out for veggies that are high protein sources (broccoli, kale, spinach, romaine, or even too much avocado...). Don't do it the day of or the day after exercise. 

how do you think your calorie intake compared to your normal days Kayaker...? less/more/'bout same/...

fake it till you make it

• how do you think your calorie intake compared to your normal days Kayaker...? less/more/'bout same/...

It's REALLY hard to hit a normal calorie number on just veggies and healthy fats. I'm probably at about half my normal calorie intake, but satisfied from the rice/veggies/pear I had for dinner.

• I think you should listen to your feeling, because one of the reasons of protein fasting (in my opinion) is also to be full and happy for the next days of your diet.

• I found the protein fasting was easily done with just bulletproof fats as in

waking BPC

lunch BPC

Dinner Grassfed butter and or no vanilla latte from the BP diet book.

Similar to the Rapid weight loss protocol but I found it easier to follow and stay with in protein limits compared to eating carbs, let's face it carbs taste like crap out out meat

• So I'll say I'm satisfied with the day-after results. I definitely can tell a difference with the "belly fat" in the mirror, for sure less today than yesterday, which is very encouraging.  Weight is down from 193.5 to 192.4. I ate white rice with garlic roasted brussels sprouts, broccoli and carrots with avocado oil for both lunch and dinner, and snacked on 1/4 cup macadamia nuts between meals.

• Back to my normal eating yesterday, plus some snacking.  I had a few sesame crackers and some pork rinds and some trader joes almond thins with cookie butter.  Weighed in the same as yesterday though and still looking slimmer around the middle.  I will definitely try the protein fast again.