Aniracetam Not Working

Hey guys

I order aniracetam in powder form from peak nootropic, I have been taking 6 1/8 scoops with water for the past 3 days and have not felt a thing, does anyone know why?

I have taken aniracetam before which was over a year ago and it was working fine.

Comments

• Do remember it takes time for it to build up. Could be the dosage are small. Have you tried to take 750mg of that?

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

Have you tried taking choline with it?

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• I remember taking it a while ago and it hit me straight away. I have been taking 6 1/8 scoops - each scoop is between 250-500 mg, am I wrong?

I have huperzine A at home, would that fall into the category of choline?

Thanks

I have huperzine A at home, would that fall into the category of choline?

I'm not sure it would. Might want to see what a more experienced user has to say on that, as I've no experience with Hup A. I'd recommend just having a day or two of increased raw egg yolk consumption to boost choline levels. Either that, or pick up a cheap choline bitartrate supplement. It's not a guaranteed fix, but it might help kick the Aniracetam into action.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

• I am in the same boat.  I have been taking Neuro Wave  by Smart Drugs for Thought. 1500 mg in the morning.  Going into week 2 and havent felt anything.

• edited March 2015

Hi there,

When taking aniracetam make sure to take it with food (because it is soluble in fat, unlike piracetam). If you can, take it with a glass of milk, or with your breakfast. Choline sources also tend to increase the efficacy of the racetams, so the addition of a choline source may also be helpful. 

Check out Pure Nootropics for high quality nootropics that have been third party tested. All order come with 30 day money back guarantee. 10% Discount for Bulletproof Members with coupon code "bulletproof10".

• lav2klav2k Comic Creator

Make sure you take it with fat. ie: Coconut/mct oil or BP coffee.

• I was wondering how you take the powdered form with water?  It just floats at the top of the water and doesn't mix worth a darn.  I have close to a kilo of it sitting in my kitchen cabinet unused for that reason.  Not interested in capping it, so it remains more of an emergency supply.  I much prefer piracetam.  Mixes instantly in water and I could not tell any real difference between the two.  Better recall, much less "tip of your toungue" syndrome...easier flow state for writing, and sometimes I notice improved colors and vision, but it is very subtle.

Seeing through the chaotic.
  • I would dump a few teaspoons in my mouth and drink it with water. At first it was okay, now it started choking on the powder so I bought some geletin caps. There was one day in the morning where I could feel the ani but now I don't feel anything. I'll have to get choline and try with that. I'm still figuring things out with my body and what works best for me. Keep testing!
  • edited March 2015

Where do you guys buy your nootropics? I'm looking to start trying them but I want to buy from a legit US-based source. I'm not too interested in picking up supplements from China or anywhere else that has lax quality controls. I'd prefer my sups without heavy metals and such mixed in.

• Aniracetam works best for me dissolving under the tongue, then gulping down a protein shake that includes 2 raw eggs.

@future-vision ;http://peaknootropics.com/

• Louie77Louie77
    edited March 2015

Make sure you take it with fat. ie: Coconut/mct oil or BP coffee.

Does it matter how much you take? 

I know i take 1 ts of mct oil straight... I place the aniracetam under my tongue with the mct oil. I just started taking once again the aniracetam at 750mg . During the day i take 3.2 of piracetam . I split 1.6 in the morning, and afternoon. I take aniracetam at night when i study. 

Would coconut milk be the same thing?

edited March 2015

Where do you guys buy your nootropics?

I buy from Smart Drugs for Thought. My understanding is that their products are quite pure. They send along a little leaflet with their orders giving the detailed figures. They're prompt and professional, too.

Would coconut milk be the same thing?

Coconut milk has a lot of fat in it, so it would be a good thing to consume alongside Aniracetam to improve absorption. Of course, coconut milk does have some carbs in it, so be mindful of that, in case it'll knock your macros out of whack. This having been said, I seem to remember hearing that taking Aniracetam with water is sufficient. It's got something like a 90% absorption rate, IIRC. I just take mine with a BP coffee because I like the synergy or Racetams + caffeine, and because I want to make 100% certain it's well-absorbed.

• I'm not sure it would. Might want to see what a more experienced user has to say on that, as I've no experience with Hup A. I'd recommend just having a day or two of increased raw egg yolk consumption to boost choline levels. Either that, or pick up a cheap choline bitartrate supplement. It's not a guaranteed fix, but it might help kick the Aniracetam into action.

I don't mean to scare you but I've been researching/taking nootropics since 1997. During that time I have heard of way too many huperzine horror stories. I don't have time to pull them all up but here is one: http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/62368-i-used-100-mcg-huperzine-a-daily-w-vinpdmae-and-ala-in-focus-formula-stack-for-three-months-dont-do-this/ .

The stuff is a strong DRUG. Not a nutrient and not safe enough to even count as a nootropic IMO. ACHe inhibiutors are potent drugs and toxins ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarin). Potently inhibiting enzymes can potentially lead to upregulation of them and more problems later on if taken for a long time. Also I wouldn't trust supplment manufacturers to accurately make a supplment with a chemical active in the MICROGRAM range.

Plenty of nootropics work and have a good range of safety (Piracetam, ALCAR,etc).  but some are only good to use occasionally or never (Huperzine/vincocetine) due to potential long term side effects.

If you want to make aniracetam work you need to take an active dose with some choline( ALpha-GPC, citcholine) and ALCAR and give it about a month. I also tkae it with fish oil as a fat source. Some people don't respond to it at all even if you do all that.

Also I'm not sure what the benefit of stacking Piracetam and aniracetam really are. The benefits or aniracetam over piracetam  seem to be the need to consume less of the substance and that it helps a little more with anxiety. Other than that they same to do the same exact thing for me. If I were going to sstack to racetams it would be something like aniracetam (OR piracetam) with Pramiracetam or phenyl-piracetam (short term only) or noopept (would probably cycle this). Of course some people like  aniracetam and piracetam for some reason.

Of course this is all just my opinion and you can do what you want.

Do not take anything I say here as medical advice.

• well i workout enough that I think I will be able to burn it off. but thanks for the advice.

• Dr. Zed,

What is your concern with vinpocetine? Do you have a link or some other insight on adverse long term effects of vinpocetine supplementation?

Thanks,

Rick

• Dr. Zed,

What is your concern with vinpocetine? Do you have a link or some other insight on adverse long term effects of vinpocetine supplementation?

Thanks,

Rick

It's not well studied with inconclusive benefits. At the same time it has a definite immune modulating and possibly immunosuppressant effect. There has been at least one case of agranulocytosis (basically that means your immune system completely shuts down) reported from it's use ( http://www.priory.com/med/vinpocetine.htm) as well as anecdotal increases in infection I heard throughout the years. It's also worth noting that other vinca alkaloids are used as chemotherapy drugs.

Do not take anything I say here as medical advice.

• This actually happened to me. I was using 20 mg a day for a couple weeks. Did some routine blood work and was horrified to see my WBC dropped to 2.6 (normally around 4.5 - 5).

It's not well studied with inconclusive benefits. At the same time it has a definite immune modulating and possibly immunosuppressant effect. There has been at least one case of agranulocytosis (basically that means your immune system completely shuts down) reported from it's use ( http://www.priory.com/med/vinpocetine.htm) as well as anecdotal increases in infection I heard throughout the years. It's also worth noting that other vinca alkaloids are used as chemotherapy drugs.

My personal blog : healthbydiet.net

• I was wondering how you take the powdered form with water?  It just floats at the top of the water and doesn't mix worth a darn.  I have close to a kilo of it sitting in my kitchen cabinet unused for that reason.  Not interested in capping it, so it remains more of an emergency supply.  I much prefer piracetam.  Mixes instantly in water and I could not tell any real difference between the two.  Better recall, much less "tip of your toungue" syndrome...easier flow state for writing, and sometimes I notice improved colors and vision, but it is very subtle.

It took me some practice but it is possible to take down aniracetam with water, lol.  You have to dump the aniracetam, or shall I say, carefully place the aniracetam powder in your mouth on top of your tongue.  After that, you have to treat the pile of powder as though it were a pill, and then swig some water to swallow the clump of powder on your tongue.  It takes some dexterity and I have inhaled aniracetam multiple times trying this, so be careful.  It works much easier to swallow aniracetam with raw milk , as the fats easily absorb the powder in my experience.

To the OP - Please get yourself a scale for accurate dosing.  You need to know how much you are taking so you can track what affects you and what doesn't. 

The problem may be that you have bunk powder.  I only source my 'racetams from newstarnootropics.

3nergy & Matter

I love music