Thighs Chafing?

SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

So, my thighs have always chafed. I'm a big guy with thick legs. Doesn't matter if I'm doing a lot of cardio or just walking long distances, my inner thighs look like hamburger. My underwear even ends up wearing out in that region as well. The pain gets rather serious, and losing weight hasn't really helped too much. I walk about 8 miles a day on average and it's been getting worse. I've used BodyGlide in the past, and it works OK, but surely there's a better way to hack this, right?

Any tips on how I might prevent this from happening? It's terrible!

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

Comments

• 8 miles? everyday? mayyyybe walk a little less? there are a lot of ways to move that don't involve trying to start a friction fire with your thighs.

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

8 miles? everyday? mayyyybe walk a little less? there are a lot of ways to move that don't involve trying to start a friction fire with your thighs.

Haha, fair enough! But even when walking 5 miles a day I noticed it was a problem. Is this just something that happens to humans when they walk/run a lot? I can't imagine primitive hunter-gatherers going long distances on-foot and having these kinds of issues.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• MAdCastleMAdCastle
    edited April 2017

Don't stop walking because of this. I known people that run even more miles than that a day. So never run less than you want, it seems as if you enjoy it so keep doing it. But you might want to switch to a product like a baby powder. I have one that me and my wife use. The original formula has talcum powder which works perfect for me and doesn't causes health concerns for men. My wife uses their lady formula that replaces the talcum powder with a cornstarch which makes sure the ladies don't get ovarian cancer. Anyways, both formulas work amazing for chafing and people with thigh gap problems. If you are walking or running more than 5 miles a day, this is your solution. Just sprinkle a little bit before you start walking and running. And you are good. Make sure you don't have any redness already and make sure you don't apply it when you are already sweating. It will just turn into a cake mess. Check out www.antimonkeybutt.com if you have any questions about it. Good luck my friend.