Proven Stimulating Nootropics

Hello All,

I am new to the nootropic world. I stumbled on Nootropics when my doc prescribed me Provigil for hypersomnia, but my insurance would only cover it for sleep work disorder or narcolepsy. Luckily I started working a contractor at the office, and after some discussion learned that he had some Nuvigil. He let me try one of the pills and it was the best and most focused I had felt in 20 years. Since I could not get anymore I searched and eventually started and am still taking uridine, Alpha GPC, DHA, and theanine (in my green tea) and just about any vitmain you can think of.

The uridine stack I am taking now is helping, but I would like to find out if there is a racetam drug that would help more. Specifically, I would like one that is has a bit of a stimulating effect, since alertness is an issue almost as much as concentration. I ordered noopept, but it has not arrived. I just found some other racetams and it looks like Oxiracetam may be good. I am not sure if I should have the Noopept order changed to one of the other racetams or if there is something else.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick

Comments

• Stimulating, huh? Oxiracetam is my favorite in that category. I've tried Noopept, but not with consistent results yet. Piracetam keeps me alert as well, while Aniracetam doesn't last as long for me as Oxiracetam. Even BPC by itself works for me, or Yerba Mate with butter and MCT. Then there's CILTEP, which I like as well, but gives me a major crash once its effects wear off. I like to increase my mood as well with green tea extract, which I had before I even started messing with nootropics, and it's my favorite, especially stacking along with any of the others. Once I run out I'll look into getting L-Theanine. 

Like many others in this forum will tell you, you have to experiment yourself.

• If you have hypersomnia it's going to be hard to find something better than nuvigil or provigil.  It is easy to order online.  Check here http://www.reddit.com/r/afinil/wiki/afinilfaq

for reliable vendors.  Also get yourself some bitcoin to transact in.

• Adrafanil or ephedrine are stimulating but as with all stimulants probably bust to not use them all the time and they may be dangerous especially if mixed with other stimulating stuff.

Do not take anything I say here as medical advice.

• Thanks for the insight. I have recevied my Noopept shipment and took 15mg today in my green tea, 1000mg of DHA, 1000mg of ALCAR, 600mgof NAC (which I always take), and one more cup of green with cocnut oil and butter (same as BPC recipe). Alertness is pretty good, and focus is somewhat better than normal. I will post my results after I have a longer trial.

• What does the rest of your day look like?

We've seen your stack; Let's see your schedule. :)

Perhaps actual tweaks of things in your life might be able to open up new worlds of energy for you, without you having to rely on outward stimulants. 

Hello All,

I am new to the nootropic world. I stumbled on Nootropics when my doc prescribed me Provigil for hypersomnia, but my insurance would only cover it for sleep work disorder or narcolepsy. Luckily I started working a contractor at the office, and after some discussion learned that he had some Nuvigil. He let me try one of the pills and it was the best and most focused I had felt in 20 years. Since I could not get anymore I searched and eventually started and am still taking uridine, Alpha GPC, DHA, and theanine (in my green tea) and just about any vitmain you can think of.

The uridine stack I am taking now is helping, but I would like to find out if there is a racetam drug that would help more. Specifically, I would like one that is has a bit of a stimulating effect, since alertness is an issue almost as much as concentration. I ordered noopept, but it has not arrived. I just found some other racetams and it looks like Oxiracetam may be good. I am not sure if I should have the Noopept order changed to one of the other racetams or if there is something else.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick

• With the help of my doctor I have frankly chased the hypersomnia (which is what my doctor called it) for the last several years. Methylphenidate he gave me was of some help, but I don't consider that a good long term solution.  It helps me concentrate/work faster but not smarter.  I started researching online and taking supplements and the biggest ones that helped were vitamin B and magnesium, and fish oil. I have since added to that and, hope to get my energy and concentration back to what I would consider normal for a 46 year old male.  I feel as if I am about half way there.

Sleep study revealed that I had mixed sleep apnea, and almost no REM sleep. Doctor didn't see anything significant enough to get me a CPAP machine or recommend anything else. The obstructive sleep part is minimal, and at 6'0" and 185lbs it is not a weight issue.

I work 40-45 hrs /day and sometimes have eggs or an apple for breakfast depending on time. I eat very little carbs or sugar. I stick with more of a paleo diet.

Vitamins/Minerals I take are: A, B-complex (methylated), C, D3, E, K2, fish oil, turmeric, DHEA, zinc, molybdenum, selenium, NAC, arginine (on occasion), chromium picolinate. thenine, DHA, ALCAR, carnosine, DMAE, Magnesium citrate

As I write this it occurs to me that I have never tried to figure out how to increase my REM sleep. If there is a method for that I would like to hear it. Any type of method/hack/supplement that supports/stimulates the respiratory center would be great as well.

• GarrettGarrett
    edited March 2015

I salute you for being able to do 40-45 hr days. I can only manage at MAX 24 hour days. 

Maybe that's the first solution? Pulling back to a 24 hour day, instead of a 40-45 hour day? ;)

As I mentioned - what does the rest of your life look like? 

Regarding your REM sleep - What is your sleep space like? How comfy is your bed? How quiet is your room? How dark is your room? What are you doing in the 2-3 hours leading up to you going to sleep? How late are you on electronics? Do you bring electronics to bed with you? How cool is your room?

TL;DR - How well set up is your bedroom, as well as the hours before & after sleep? What is your routine like, as well as your schedule?

With the help of my doctor I have frankly chased the hypersomnia (which is what my doctor called it) for the last several years. Methylphenidate he gave me was of some help, but I don't consider that a good long term solution.  It helps me concentrate/work faster but not smarter.  I started researching online and taking supplements and the biggest ones that helped were vitamin B and magnesium, and fish oil. I have since added to that and, hope to get my energy and concentration back to what I would consider normal for a 46 year old male.  I feel as if I am about half way there.

Sleep study revealed that I had mixed sleep apnea, and almost no REM sleep. Doctor didn't see anything significant enough to get me a CPAP machine or recommend anything else. The obstructive sleep part is minimal, and at 6'0" and 185lbs it is not a weight issue.

I work 40-45 hrs /day and sometimes have eggs or an apple for breakfast depending on time. I eat very little carbs or sugar. I stick with more of a paleo diet.

Vitamins/Minerals I take are: A, B-complex (methylated), C, D3, E, K2, fish oil, turmeric, DHEA, zinc, molybdenum, selenium, NAC, arginine (on occasion), chromium picolinate. thenine, DHA, ALCAR, carnosine, DMAE, Magnesium citrate

As I write this it occurs to me that I have never tried to figure out how to increase my REM sleep. If there is a method for that I would like to hear it. Any type of method/hack/supplement that supports/stimulates the respiratory center would be great as well.