Hacking Dubai - Tap Water Vs. Bottled Water From The Supermarket (Uae)?

I live in Dubai now and I am wondering if it makes sense from a Bulletproof Perspective to buy water in the supermarket from regional companies (imported brands would be too expensive for me) or is it just fine to drink the tap water?

Let me know what your thoughts are and the rationale behind them :)

I would love to welcome you on my new page: www.soul-smoothies.com 

Comments

• I don't know -- I'd Google it and see what expats in UAE say.

When I traveled to Cote d'Ivoire, I'd go to the supermarket every morning to get bottled water for the day. When I lived in Philippines (in a modern high-rise apartment), I used tap water and it was fine.

I don't know if you can maybe slowly increase your exposure to tap water as your gut becomes accustomed to the local microflora.

• NickatNickat
    edited March 2015

Is the tap water desalinated? If so maybe look into just how pure it is. The pipes and materials used to transport water supplies are just as important as the water quality itself. 

Bottled water such as the Mai Dubai plant that has the latest technological advances in water treatment and production on the other hand must have excellent water. Probably use plastic bottles but might have glass too?

• I dont think that bars/restaurants use bottled water for making ice cubes. The thing is as long as the tap water is cold I cannot smell the disgusting smell, but as soon as it gets warm I can. 

I will do some googling and let you guys now. However I doubt that I will come to a decisive conclusion. 

• Hey George, When I first moved to dubai b/c of work, S. Pellegrino was and kinda still is my go to. I also suggest any local brand and adding pink salt as a more feasible option. Whatever you do DO NOT drink tab water basically anywhere. Let me know how your hacking goes. 

• @kryptokunt

I appreciate any advice you can give concerning Dubai. I am curious ;)

• I'll be in Dubai at the end of the year. Any do's and don't bulletproof wise, I take it the tap water in the hotel isn't drinkable.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• @katolotus I move back to Dubai in a few days. Concerning saving money and getting good quality food see if there is any "carrefour" near your place. Other supermarkets like Spinneys are horribly expensive. Kerrygold you get at Spinneys though. 

I think Dubai is quite nice, there are many vegetables from the region at relatively low prices. I love the spicy red and green peppers which are very hard to get in my country. Fresh shrimps are very inexpensive. Meat is all grass-fed from Australia and New Zealand. 

The water is actually drinkable and I went with it for the first 1-2 months and I was perfectly fine. 

• saw Kerry Gold salted and unsalted in Waitrose in the Dubai Mall, but brought enough with me for the trip!

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well