Bp Upgraded Aging Formula Short Term Use Benefits?

Recently purchased the Upgraded Aging Formula, have a bit of buyer's remorse and wanted to know if anyone else is supplementing with this product. Reading the product description it looks to infer that this is a product you're going to want to use indefinitely. Is there a point to adding this to the daily regimen, with a limited budget, if know that most likely long term you won't be able to continue use?

Would love to hear the thoughts of those that have a conservative budget to spend toward supplements.

P.S. Bought Upgraded MCT. No buyer's remorse there. Great product. And I'm sure the Aging Formula works its magic behind the scenes. I'm just trying to figure out what's sustainable and necessary given a strained disposable income.

Comments

• suntouchersuntoucher Uninspired Potential ✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Probably not #1 priority if you are on a tight budget. The priorities should be to get the highest quality food possible and take care of common deficiencies first. See my supplement notes for "stacks."

Just a curious observation: you can justify pretty much any supplement with enough research and up with hundreds of pills per day image/icon_e_smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':-)' />
  • katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

Like to hear more from anyone using this. I'm getting on a bit now, so Anit-aging is something I'm having to consider. Looking for a Peter Pan pill ;-)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

No one using this?

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

Thanks for the feedback.

Anyone, who's used it a bit longer?

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• I've used it for two months as an experiment. 

Didn't measure any difference, but I guess the idea is I would get the benefits in 10, 20, 50 years if I keeping using it daily. 

It's one of Dave's products (like l-gluatahione) that I believe over-hyped. 

There is not enough science to justify it. 

For anyone on a budget I wouldn't bother. 

• Anecdotally, this product has given me hope--or more accurately, it has helped return some of my brain function. I think I had a severe glutamate/GABA imbalance. It was so severe I could hardly speak coherently at times. so much so that my coworkers must've thought I was hitting the sauce. But about three weeks into my first bottle of this formula, I started noticing a gradual improvement in my symptoms, e.g. sleep onset was a little easier, sleep was a bit more restorative, and my speech was less labored/slurred.

I will note that the improvement was so gradual that I stopped taking it for a few days at about week two, thinking that my improvement could've been attributable to a myriad of other things I'd been trying out of desperation...lo and behold, the backslide was abrupt. Been on it faithfully for a solid two months now. I'm actually scared to death to stop. I think I may have suffered some permanent damage up until then. Hopefully a year on this stuff will mitigate some of it. 

All in all, this isn't a product that will yield miraculous, overnight results. What it has done for me over time, however, is quite remarkable. My only caveat would be the cost. At $50+ for a one month supply, it can certainly border on the hardship side of the financial scale for some--myself included. A subscription based program would be helpful for those of us who can't "afford" to be without it.

Hope my comments are helpful...

• Why not just take a malate? Magnesium malate is fine. Your kreb's cycle will convert it to oxaloacetate. 

No sorcery, just science. 

• Why not just take a malate? Magnesium malate is fine. Your kreb's cycle will convert it to oxaloacetate. 

Magnesium Malate has been a staple in my supplement rotation for more than a year...I've never noticed any cognitive benefits from it...could be I have a metabolic issue in that regard...any thoughts on that?

• MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful

If you weren't converting malate to oxaloacetate, then your krebs cycle wouldn't be cycling... then you'd be dead. 

No sorcery, just science.