Stools

Hey guys,

Pretty simple question. How frequent are your stools? Obviously the high fat/ meat diet takes much longer to digest, so I'm wondering how much everyone else is going. The BP coffee in the morning seems to give me a very regular morning routine, but relying on the coffee is not something I wish to do. Thoughts/ comments?

Comments

• <br />
    posted in the wrong forum- trying to relocate&#33;<br />

• 2 times a day like a Swiss train. High fat diet affected it a little when I turned up my fat intake. Coffee definitely helps make you regular. If you aren't fasting in the morning you could take a vegetable shake with lots of leafy and fibrous plant matter to help out as well. I know once I cut my veggie shake out of my morning routine in order to IF it disturbed the regularity. I still take the veggie shake, I just do it post workout. I eat quite a bit of fiber though. 1 lb of baby spinach, 1 bunch of stalks of celery, 2 bundles of kale, 1 cucumber, 2 bell peppers, and 5 carrots per 5 day work week all taken at the same time of day.
  • RodRod The Rodfather
    @ Mark, that's a lot!!! That also has a lot of IRON in those leafy greens, I recommend you to check your Total Iron and Ferritin levels next time you do blood work! I have this crazy Idea that we eat too much iron and our it becomes retained in our bodes, not to be mistaken for ( Hemochromotosis ). Let me now what you think!

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected] 

• edited December 2012
    I eat all my vegetables raw and uncooked. The carrots and kale are blended though. The rest is just masticated raw so I am not getting their full nutritional benefits.
  • what's your smoothie ingredients looking like?

I usually have kale, celery, berries, cacao nibs, ginger and coconut milk.

- would be interested in switching it up!
  • kale, large carrot, small amount of berries, grass fed protein, creatine, and sometimes glutamine. small amount of vanilla stevia
  • how much meat on average are you eating a day?

I'm 20 in college and I've always had a huge appetite. I'm at around 1.5% body fat but can put down a good pound and a half of meat a day. I'm wondering if there are any limits on this diet- health obviously being the number one concern
  • I eat 1/2 lb of ground beef, and an 6 oz beef tenderloin steak or something similar. I also eat 6 eggs - 2 soft boiled and 4 sunny side up. I forgot to mention I also put grassfed butter 2-3 tbsp, and 2 tbsp of MCT oil in my kale shakes. I work a lot so its easier when I keep to a routine/regiment that doesn't change much.

1.5% bodyfat is dangerously low, you should work on that!
  • i've always been very lean- but what are some ideas to put on some?
  • MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful
    This is a bit of a 'shit' topic, and totally not a recipe! image/icon_razz.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':-P' />

No sorcery, just science. 

• RodRod The Rodfather
    'Mark wrote:

I eat all my vegetables raw and uncooked. The carrots and kale are blended though. The rest is just masticated raw so I am not getting their full nutritional benefits.

Some veggies need to be lightly heated to become bio-aviable. Kale and spinach are examples, it's almost pointless to eat them raw. You will get 4:1 ratio of nutrients if you lightly heat them. Just a heads up! image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected] 

• *to become fully bio-available. Blending them into a thick puree helps quite a bit too.