Kerrygold And 100% Grass Fed

It's been known for a while now that Kerrygold isn't exactly 100% grass fed as the cows eat grain in the Winter.

I have been making coffee with Kerrygold Unsalted, Brain Octane Oil, Bulletproof Collagen, and 100% grass fed cow's milk. (I just can't drink my coffee without milk. I do realize that this is not the "correct" way to make Bulletproof Coffee.)

I am fortunate (for now at least) to live next to one store that carries Organic Valley Grassmilk, which is a 100% guaranteed grass fed non homogenized cow's milk.

From their FAQ:

Like any lactating mammal, humans included, a cow's nutritional and energy needs greatly increase when she produces milk. Grassmilk cows are provided with the highest quality organic fresh pasture grasses and legumes (such as alfalfa and clover) in summer, dried grasses and legumes in the winter, and supplements in the form of minerals, vitamins, and molasses year-round. Molasses is produced by crushing the leaves of cane grass.

(Bolding added.)

So that begs the question, why can't Kerrygold use dried grasses instead of grains in the winter, given that there is now a significant market for 100% grass fed dairy?

Comments