What Dave Eats On The Road

SystemSystem mod
edited March 2015 in Biohacker Banter

What the shit is this? 

You'll be hard-pressed to get access to super high quality food on the road; I get it. But what's with the crackers and sugary chocolate cake?

Comments

• The video is nearly 3 years old. My guess is he eats a lot cleaner now than he did then. 

My personal blog : healthbydiet.net

• SystemSystem mod
    edited March 2015

The video is nearly 3 years old. My guess is he eats a lot cleaner now than he did then. 

Meh. Not buying it. Back then, he was as passionate about promoting the BP principles as he is now.

• edited March 2015

The only thing that comes to mind is a fairly recent episode of Body IO where Kiefer rips on Dave about stealing and promoting his carb night protocol without attribution after being on the BP podcast. This may have been around the same time that Dave started experimenting with a lot more carbs before bed. 

Meh. Not buying it. Back then, he was as passionate about promoting the BP principles as he is now.

My personal blog : healthbydiet.net

• The only thing that comes to mind is a fairly recent episode of Body IO where Kiefer rips on Dave about stealing and promoting his carb night protocol without attribution after being on the BP podcast. This may have been around the same time that Dave started experimenting with a lot more carbs before bed. 

I hope that's the case. Otherwise, it would be like Christians discovering that Jesus participated in a bunch of orgies and killed babies. That's not to say that I worship or revere Asprey the way Christians do Jesus. 

• sparefilmssparefilms Post-human Construct ✭✭✭

Wait...did he say that was enough food for 5 days?! That looks like 1 day, aside from the butter.

Why did his hotel not have a mini fridge???

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

What the shit is this? 

You'll be hard-pressed to get access to super high quality food on the road; I get it. But what's with the crackers and sugary chocolate cake?

All aboard the hate train! Lolol

Yeah, I saw this back when it was first released and didn't think anything of it then. But looking at it now, a few of these things aren't especially Bulletproof. I could see him being like: "So, look, it's a carb reefed day and I found this chocolate cake thing that's got decent ingredients and won't make me feel too bad." But the crackers and sweets do seem a little weird to me now. He says he's going to eat the chocolate things AND some honey before bed? How many carbs do you need to sleep well, dude?? The sushi also appears to be nigiri sushi, so there's probably some rice in that. Some people do higher carbs, and that's fine. But most of those carbs look to be highly processed.

I dunno. The stuff he's packing in this vid isn't necessarily UNhealthy, but some of it hardly seems optimal. I would think that packing along some soft-boiled eggs, avocados, olives, raw nuts, dark chocolate, etc, would be better (and more affordable) options. But then I guess I'm not Dave and he's almost certainly healthier than I am, so what do I know? @[email protected]

Strangely enough, I bought that very same brand of smoked salmon today at a local store. It was on sale lol.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

edited March 2015

Wait...did he say that was enough food for 5 days?! That looks like 1 day, aside from the butter.

Why did his hotel not have a mini fridge???

Yeah, that doesn't look like enough food to last me 5 days. The salmon and butter, maybe. But that sushi would be gone in a meal and that other junk wouldn't last long either. And yeah, it's strange that he should have to 'hack' some way to keep his food refrigerated. Can't he just lie about needing a fridge for medical purposes and get one in his room? "I NEED THE FRIDGE BECAUSE BEETUS PLS"

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

• sparefilmssparefilms Post-human Construct ✭✭✭

Especially in Austin! There should be quality sushi places abounding down there! Even up here in NTx we have some decent ones. I cringed when I saw the "biohacking your sushi" video he put out because that sushi was more than 10 minutes old. *shudder* Other than that though, those crackers look to be the gluten-free kind and those can be quite tasty and fairly paleo/bulletproof. Those little cake things are high quality as well, but pricey and sugary!

It'd be interesting to do a locavore type thing with all the people who network together for events and actually live in Austin. Homestyle dining at friend's houses would be the best way to hack your travel in such a metropolitan area, and an exercise in fluid scheduling of flex time and networking prowess!

Great way to hack the hotel though, "This is for my health, can you guys help me out?" brilliant, and totally honest if you word it right!

Skeletor you have the right idea on travel snacks! When the He-Man Reunion Tour gets rolling make sure you're the one stocking the fridge!

Looked up those chocolate tart things. The ingredient list isn't all that terrible, honestly.

We celebrate our ingredients: organic maple syrup, dark cocoa, almond flour, organic extra virgin coconut oil, sea salt, organic peppermint oil.

Of course, at about 8 bucks a pop, I'd rather pick up some of Green & Black's mint dark chocolate. Less sugar that way, too.