Yeast That Eats Mycotoxins?

This is one of those things I just jotted down in an ipod note while listening to a podcast without referencing which podcast it was.

I heard it mentioned that there is some sort of yeast that actually eats mycotoxins?

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Lifestyle Designer, SEO Alchemist, Entrepreneur

Comments

• You're probably thinking of the episode with the heart doctor.

https://www.bulletproofexec.com/dr-joel-kahn-heart-health-mitochondria-gut-193/

Saccharomyces boulardii

It's a fungus that eats other fungi. I don't think there's a good solution for mycotoxins besides activated charcoal.

• It was in the last Q&A his upcoming product called "Homebiotics"

• ACH85ACH85 ✭✭

It was in the last Q&A his upcoming product called "Homebiotics"

That is not for internal use, that's to spray around your house to remove and/or prevent mold. 

I think OP was looking for something that he could swallow and have growing in his gut that would remove mycotoxins. (I doubt there's something like that that is viable for killing mold in food, and doubt moreso the potential for removing mycotoxins left in food.) 

• sparefilmssparefilms Post-human Construct ✭✭✭

You're probably thinking of the episode with the heart doctor.

https://www.bulletproofexec.com/dr-joel-kahn-heart-health-mitochondria-gut-193/

Saccharomyces boulardii

It's a fungus that eats other fungi. I don't think there's a good solution for mycotoxins besides activated charcoal.

S. Boulardii is a yeast that both secretes a 54 kDa protease (effective at dissolving and inhibiting binding of Clostridium difficile toxins A and B) and also causes both e. Coli and Salmonella to bind to its surface rather than the inner linings of your intestines, eliminating them with your bowel movements rather than allowing their continued production of inflammatory toxins. It does not feed on other microorganisms. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saccharomyces_boulardii

Wikipedia is not the best source but the citation links at the bottom are handy. Plenty of research on S. Boulardii to pour through. If you decide to purchase for first aid, do not go cheap. Purchase a shelf-stable version that does not require refrigeration to ensure better quality and higher viability of the dormant yeast. The S. Boulardii sold in the refrigerated section is manufactured via a less expensive and inferior process leaving less viable strains per capsule.

• sparefilmssparefilms Post-human Construct ✭✭✭

That is not for internal use, that's to spray around your house to remove and/or prevent mold. 

I think OP was looking for something that he could swallow and have growing in his gut that would remove mycotoxins. (I doubt there's something like that that is viable for killing mold in food, and doubt moreso the potential for removing mycotoxins left in food.) 

Edible versions of Homebiotics would be AMAZING! Biological warfare rocks, especially in your body!