Having Trouble With Satiety On Just Bp Coffee In The Morning

So I've been on the BP diet since the beginning of January. I haven't been perfect at it, but have stuck pretty closely to the food guidelines. I haven't had the most drastic results, only losing about 7 lbs. and 4 inches (I know that's partially my fault for not sticking to JUST "green" side foods, but have stuck to yellow - green consistently).

One thing I'm having trouble with is being satisfied with just having BP coffee in the morning. I have been doing IF 4-5 days a week and tweaked the IF time to cutting off eating by 9pm and eating again the next day around Noon. I tried 1pm and 2pm, but have found that I am just too hungry by then! Tummy rumbling, can't concentrate, hungry. I know that I can have another cup of BP coffee if I'm hungry, but I don't have the means at work to make the coffee there (I once tried making an extra cup to take with me, but didn't have the means to reheat it - GROSS!) I also tried adding some vegan, and then recently, collagen protein, which helped a little, but I am STILL finding myself hungry by 10:30 or 11am when starting off with BP coffee at 8am. 

I have been doing 15-20 minutes of weight lifting exercises 2 times a week with 3 days of rest between. I usually do my workout around 2-3pm on the days I don't work, and around 5:30pm on the days I do. I haven't really noticed a huge impact in hunger on the days I work out, but am not sure if that makes a difference.

Has anyone else had a problem with making it til afternoon on just BP coffee? Any insight into why this isn't working well for me, and suggestions on some tweaks I could make?

Thanks in advance!

-Danielle 

Comments

• Can you get an insulated coffee mug that would keep a second batch of BP coffee hot until you need it? I do that and it works for me...

• Are you taking the collagen at night or in your BPC? Adding 2T of Collagen to my night routine (in bone broth if I have it) helps me stay full the next day.

I also upped the butter in my BPC until I was satisfied, for a month I did 6T+ and 3T of MCT in 16oz of coffee.

I think a Zojirushi mug is a good idea, for me it wouldn't last. Whenever I make BPC in any amount it's gone within 5 minutes.
  • Tyleroni, adding those many spoons of butter and MCT helped you lose weight? Do you also put collagen in the BPC?
  • I did try an insulated mug but it didn't keep it hot enough, unfortunately. I've only used the collagen in my morning BPC, 1 serving (11g) and it has 10g of protein. I use about 2tsp of MCT oil and 2 Tbsp butter. I may try adding some collagen at night, but not sure what to put it in?

• UPDATE!

So I just completed a weight loss challenge with doTERRA. Today was weigh-in day and final measurements, so I had to take photos and measure myself. I have been pretty down on myself because I didn't meet any of the milestones in the challenge, including the final weigh-in. But you know what, after looking at my before and after pictures and seeing how many INCHES I lost, DANG! I don't even care about all that anymore! I did this in 3 months following the bulletproof diet, and I feel better emotionally and physically because of it. So for anyone else who is getting down on themselves because of the number on the scale, remember muscle weighs more than fat and inches are better than pounds! Check out my before and after photos  :) https://www.pinterest.com/pin/452330356300382598/

-Danielle

• wow!  Way to go Danielle!  You are inspiring!!!