Big Favor To Ask Of You Guys. Can You Help Me With Food Choices/servings Based On A Macro Breakdown?

Heres the macro's I'm trying to hit per day:  

Protein: 136grams

Carbs: 40grams

Fat:270grams

I'm 5'5" around 170lbs and am trying to cut weight for kickboxing and improve my athletic performance. I need help figuring out what kinds of foods and I guess more importantly in what amounts I'd have to eat to hit these numbers.  Is there a calculator out there somewhere someone can recommend? I'm guessing I should just take green zone foods and increase the amounts until the macros are hit. 

Comments

• I have the same question.

MFP is a great tool (that I use religiously!) but the default values do not line up with the BPP. I know they can be tweaked but not knowing what my daily calories should be for the BPP I don't know my starting point to input my percentages. If I use a standard RMR calculator it tells my 1800 & I can go as low as 1340 for deficit. But if I drink 2 cups of BP coffee in the morning and have a couple of eggs & an avacodo for lunch I pretty much have hit my calorie limit for a deficit day when I add in my supplements.

I am 49, 5'5", 133# & have tweeted MFP according to the BP recommendation listed on the infographic. This is what MFP says I should have on a deficit day;

60% Fat =91g

20% Protein=68g

20% Carbs=68g

Sugar=45g

Fiber=25g

It would be REALLY helpful if there was a BP macro calculator tool so us newbies could get a better handle on where to start. I see so many posts on here where ppl are being told they are eating way to little & this is why they are not loosing weight.

And if your a woman you need more carbs,... Well how do you add more carbs without cutting down on your protein or fat %?!

It all seems so gray.
  • When I added carbs my protein % went down, without planning for that. I've been BP for 2 years, and the last 6 months is when I added the carbs. Just noticed I was less hungry for meat/eggs. Now I cook smaller portions of meat, and I feel like taking days off of meat now, about 1-2 a week, usually one.

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

For losing fat / weight and improving athleticism I would not use these macros. Of course if it is proven that it works for you, more power to you.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• I guess it's not working,... If it were I wouldn't be lurking in this post. :-/

So what to use?
  • I've used this http://www.reddit.com/r/ketogains/comments/2ftutl/new_ketogains_macro_calculator_v3_now_with_moar/

I'm down to 167 from 180lbs.  I train around 4 days a week.  I don't feel hungry.  I get in 50g carbs on non workout days, around 150 on days I train.  Protein I do around 0.8gram/lb of body weight and then the rest I get in with fats!