Adrenal Fatigue

Hi all --

I am trying to hack adrenal burn out caused by stress. The problem is the stressor, an alcoholic dependent relative, is still inserting herself in my life. When I say inserting I mean after I have called off communication, she contacts my doctors and clients and friends.

Anyway, any tips on hacking adrenals with stress?

Comments

• How do you know its your adrenals? Have you tested low cortisol and low dhea? 

Hi all --

I am trying to hack adrenal burn out caused by stress. The problem is the stressor, an alcoholic dependent relative, is still inserting herself in my life. When I say inserting I mean after I have called off communication, she contacts my doctors and clients and friends.

Anyway, any tips on hacking adrenals with stress?

My personal blog : healthbydiet.net

• Thanks for asking. I have had them tested.
  • And both were below normal? 

Thanks for asking. I have had them tested.

• Yes they were both low and not in appropriately low ratios.
  • Refer to the table at the bottom of this PDF for suggestions. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8693y771hnbmolc/Adrenal-Stress-Adaptation-Guide.pdf?dl=0

Yes they were both low and not in appropriately low ratios.

• Sounds like one of those junctures in life where it really sucks but you have an opportunity to win big in the arena of learning/growing and reaching a better place. It's great you are putting up boundaries. Keep in mind you can only do what is in your power (think: serenity prayer) and if she chooses to try to sabotage or whatever, that is just her being ridiculous. Do the calm and rational things you can do to protect your reputation, and refocus your efforts on building a calm and happy life with calm and happy hormones.

When we were in our mid twenties, a close friend was accused of theft an all kinds of character-assination-type things... I was shocked when she did very little to stand up for herself. She was calm and not defensive or freaked out. She was at peace, she explained to me that some people would believe it, and some would not, and that there wasn't much to do but show up and be herself. Now she is a huge, big-time yogi with quite a following... No wonder - she had the zen thing going on very early! 

My point is, you can create daily practices of self-care and positivity, mental ones as well as physiological ones (emwave? meditation?). You can heal yourself and you can get to a better place. Maybe include the cheesy stuff  - gratitude lists, positive affirmations and/or visualization techniques? Light a candle at home or take 3 deep centered breaths each time before you drive? Just grow in the proactive positive things that will make you feel calmer and more positive. Hope you do great soon!

• Sounds like one of those junctures in life where it really sucks but you have an opportunity to win big in the arena of learning/growing and reaching a better place. It's great you are putting up boundaries. Keep in mind you can only do what is in your power (think: serenity prayer) and if she chooses to try to sabotage or whatever, that is just her being ridiculous. Do the calm and rational things you can do to protect your reputation, and refocus your efforts on building a calm and happy life with calm and happy hormones.

When we were in our mid twenties, a close friend was accused of theft an all kinds of character-assination-type things... I was shocked when she did very little to stand up for herself. She was calm and not defensive or freaked out. She was at peace, she explained to me that some people would believe it, and some would not, and that there wasn't much to do but show up and be herself. Now she is a huge, big-time yogi with quite a following... No wonder - she had the zen thing going on very early! 

My point is, you can create daily practices of self-care and positivity, mental ones as well as physiological ones (emwave? meditation?). You can heal yourself and you can get to a better place. Maybe include the cheesy stuff  - gratitude lists, positive affirmations and/or visualization techniques? Light a candle at home or take 3 deep centered breaths each time before you drive? Just grow in the proactive positive things that will make you feel calmer and more positive. Hope you do great soon!

This is super wonderful and lovely! Thanks so much for the perspective.
  • I used to be a massive amphetamine addict, I'm only a couple months out of the woods right now.

I ended up with mental stress that was almost unimaginable.  My girlfriend/soulmate/almostwife of three years broke up with me because of my addiction's downstream effects on my personality.  I loved her and still love her more than anything but myself. 

Anyway I had extreme adrenal fatigue that I've cured in the past couple months.  High dose fish oil, high dose coezymated b vitamins, high dose magnesium, high dose vitamin c all where used to get my body and mind back on track. 

In my case I also used l-tyrosine at a couple grams a day to replenish exhausted NE and DA stores.  I also used very low doses of DHEA (10mg) every other day for a month or so.

I think what helped me the most was how I changed my mental outlook on things.  I started focusing on the positives instead of the negatives.  EMwave is perfect for this.  For example - I used to be deeply depressed that my girl left me.  Now I just focus on how she changed my life forever, and how much love she brought in my life.. the result is instead of feeling down I feel the most love I ever have in my life, emanating from my chest.  Happy thoughts = happy you, unhappy thoughts = unhappy existence.

3nergy & Matter

I love music

• Thanks so much!  I am really working on changing my mental space!  

• I used to be a massive amphetamine addict, I'm only a couple months out of the woods right now.

I ended up with mental stress that was almost unimaginable.  My girlfriend/soulmate/almostwife of three years broke up with me because of my addiction's downstream effects on my personality.  I loved her and still love her more than anything but myself. 

Anyway I had extreme adrenal fatigue that I've cured in the past couple months.  High dose fish oil, high dose coezymated b vitamins, high dose magnesium, high dose vitamin c all where used to get my body and mind back on track. 

In my case I also used l-tyrosine at a couple grams a day to replenish exhausted NE and DA stores.  I also used very low doses of DHEA (10mg) every other day for a month or so.

I think what helped me the most was how I changed my mental outlook on things.  I started focusing on the positives instead of the negatives.  EMwave is perfect for this.  For example - I used to be deeply depressed that my girl left me.  Now I just focus on how she changed my life forever, and how much love she brought in my life.. the result is instead of feeling down I feel the most love I ever have in my life, emanating from my chest.  Happy thoughts = happy you, unhappy thoughts = unhappy existence.

Great post! Thanks for sharing. I totally agree that mental outlook > 

• BPD + lots of carbs + meditation/relaxation techniques + regular sleep + no caffeine whatsoever and adrenal fatigue should be soon gone. 

I would love to welcome you on my new page: www.soul-smoothies.com 

• Evan BrandEvan Brand Writer and Explorer

Check out my article on adrenal fatigue. It's better for me to send you there than to copy/paste the thousands of words and recommendations I wrote out there. Obviously finding and working with a skilled functional medicine practitioner is your best solution to get better in an effective and timely manner.

Evan Brand, NTP, CPT

Functional Medicine Practitioner and Podcast Host at NotJustPaleo.com

Author of REM Rehab and Stress Solutions

• Found out from my naturopath I'm still mildly burned out adrenal-wise. He measured my resting blood pressure then my blood pressure when I stood up.

I'm going on an adrenal glandular made of bovine adrenal and adrenal cortex for a month, and some other things - though I'm not sure if the other things are aimed at this or my Hashimoto's. 

Just sharing, because it never occurred to me to try adrenal glandulars.

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    There seems to be three main types of bovine adrenal glandular extracts as far as I can tell;

- whole glandular ie. cortex & medulla.

- cortex only.

- cortex only with all hormones/steroids removed.

I don't really know much more than that,

...but which one you take/need may depend on the status of your adrenals

fake it till you make it