Gomad - Gallon Of Milk A Day. Thoughts?

edited March 2015 in Physical Performance

Hey bulletproofers - I have been a "hard gainer" all my life when it came to building lean muscle mass (or fat mass for that matter).  Back in my high-school days I was eating a very typical S.A.D, which may very well be the reason why my body was not growing.

I have been experimenting with a gallon a day of A2 raw, pastured milk.   I have been doing this for roughly five months, and so far the results have been more than promising.  I also eat at least six pastured raw eggs a day, and a lb of raw liver a week ( I take 15-50mg zinc a day ).  This is my baseline for food, I still add on about 2k+ calories worth of butter, mcts, some veggies with more butter, even more butter, chocolate, sometimes sweet potatoes,  olive oil, avocado, etc.

I started around 160 lbs, now I'm around 185 lbs (same bf% roughly - my inflammation has also gone down in my ab region).  My deadlift went from 320ish to a staggering 455.  My strength is through the roof, and it seems like I'm gaining muscle workout to workout.

The reason I drink this much milk is for

-convenience

-it may or may not be bulletproof

-no gi upset at all, it actually (seemingly) normalizes my bowel functions

-its delicios

-very convenient and easy

-much cheaper than buying pastured beef, I can get a lb of steak for roughly the same price as a gallon of milk ($8).  This is really the reason why I'm drinking so much milk

-muscle and strength gains

-probiotics built in

-clean water! <--

Is this for any reason not a good idea? Anyone try something similar?

3nergy & Matter

I love music

Comments

• WHere do you purchase your milk? 

• Estrogens, MAP and dioxins are a few reasons I wouldn't overdo milk.  Plus if you are lucky enough to tolerate it now, why risk developing an allergy to it?  

• WHere do you purchase your milk? 

Birchwood Farm and Dairy in PA.  I saw their listing on eatwild so I'm hoping it's legit clean milk, it tastes and feel like it.

I feel my body tolerates milk fairly well and that I would not develop an allergy to it.  But who knows.

I randomize my intake of my milk but it averages out to a gallon a day, some days I don't drink any milk (1-2 days a week).  Hopefully that is enough to keep my body happy with the milk.

3nergy & Matter

I love music

• That is a very interesting diet. I eaten many of the foods you do as well

Raw Milk - Loved it but made sure the cows are grass fed and visited the farm. I love to buy Raw Milk because the FDA thinks we are too stupid to make that choice. And I do believe it to be healthy. However, I do better on Coconut milk than Raw Milk.

Raw Eggs - Somewhere along the line (I think while listening to Ben Greenfield's podcast on AutoImmune Paleo diet) I ran into someone who said the Whites are what cause Egg allergies because they bind the toxins to protect the chick. Therefore leaky gut can bring the toxins into the blood. So I eat 2 -5 eggs yolks a day but usaully not the whites. With that volume of eggs you should consider the same

Raw Liver - I eat liver once or twice a week. Cooked liver is an obvious super food. What is the motivation to eating Raw Liver vs Cooked, besides the fact that you like picking foods others are afraid to eat :-)

Lastly, I am impressed by those gains. Thanks for sharing

• Cooked liver is an obvious super food. What is the motivation to eating Raw Liver vs Cooked, besides the fact that you like picking foods others are afraid to eat :smile:

Well it's funny that you ask that because I really have no reason, other than because it is raw.  I figured raw is better so why not? I freeze the liver for at least 14 days as I heard somewhere on BP radio doing so makes it *safe* to eat raw. 

It's really easy for me to eat too - I just cut up 1 squares, plop them (one by one) in my mouth, and then swallow with a swig of raw milk :cool:

3nergy & Matter

I love music

• edited March 2015

It's really easy for me to eat too - I just cut up 1 squares, plop them (one by one) in my mouth, and then swallow with a swig of raw milk :cool:

That is bad ass!

I find raw milk is a huge recovery food for me. I've been drinking about 1L per day after workouts for the past two months. I also add one raw egg and some whey isolate, colostrum and vanilla. Makes an EPIC milkshake.

I'm in the gym 6 days a week and I find I recover quicker, have more sustained energy and my digestive system has completely rebooted itself back to normal. I also have noticed my immune system has never been stronger. Haven't had a cold since I started drinking it. Although I did have some odd symptoms of inflammation when I first started drinking it, specifically in my knuckles, it has subsided. I started taking turmeric daily at a high dose and the swelling went away. Now my grip strength is vastly improved.

After bonking from BPC IFing back in October, raw milk has helped me recover and get back to strength training. I have since put on some serious muscle and my bench, squat, deadlift has improved over an 8 week cycle.

Raw milk forever holds a place in my heart.

• pd85pd85
    edited April 2015

my biggest gains have come with GOMAD. it's hard not to overdo it and gain a ton of body fat though.