Who Noticed A Difference In Xct Vs. Brain Octane Oil?

I was wondering... for those who have tried both the BP XCT and Brain Octane oils, has anyone seen a noticeable difference between the two? I am almost out of XCT and was pondering trying Brain Octane, but was wondering if it's actually worth the extra $8.

The only difference I see on the nutritional info is that XCT has 8-carbon and 10-carbon MCTs while Brain Octane just has 8-carbon MCTs. I honestly don't know what difference this makes! I'm just assuming it's stronger than XCT.

If anyone has any testimonials on how one worked better (or didn't) than the other for you, I'd be interested to hear your story! Thanks in advance :)

-Danielle

Comments

• Jason MillerJason Miller Mother nature isn't stupid mod

It definitely gets you in ketosis fast, I was rather surprised at how different it really is.

My Crossfit auto template programming here, body composition coaching through Eat to Perform here,
  • dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    if you missed it, there are a few testimonials here; Standard Mct Vs Brain Octane

fake it till you make it

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭

It worked for me in the beginning. Now it doesn't seem to work anymore.

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• It worked for me in the beginning. Now it doesn't seem to work anymore.

can you elaborate? When you say it doesn't work do you mean it doesn't give you energy or you don't go into ketosis? If you don't go into ketosis from it (when you follow the diet) that's actually kind of a scary metabolic change.

Do not take anything I say here as medical advice.

• Is it ok to mix 20ml of each per BP coffee
  • I second this. At first I felt a noticeable difference. Now it just feels the same as regular MCT oil.

It worked for me in the beginning. Now it doesn't seem to work anymore.

My personal blog : healthbydiet.net

• I can stomach more BOO than XCT oil.  BOO has a different "stomach feel" than XCT oil - me and my best friend had the same experience.

I did not see a difference in energy levels from the two products, however I wasn't trying to carefully quantify this.

3nergy & Matter

I love music

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭

can you elaborate? When you say it doesn't work do you mean it doesn't give you energy or you don't go into ketosis? If you don't go into ketosis from it (when you follow the diet) that's actually kind of a scary metabolic change.

It seemed like I could get into ketosis quickly from it but now it doesn't seem to help anymore.

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• I noticed zero difference.

• zero33zero33 Thinks plants have feelings.
    +1 for the octane - xct, now mct, and onnit mct all had similar effects on ketosis for me, but the octane is like a drug for me... increases focus & energy and improves my mood.

Coder/Shaper who thinks this is his blog: alienvir.us

• Thanks for all the input! It sounds like the consensus is mostly that it jumpstarts ketosis, but the body gets used to it after a while?

For those who began noticing diminishing effects, I'm curious to hear how long into using it that it happened?

I wonder if decreasing then increasing dosage again would help with this. I think I might go ahead and try it and if that starts to happen, I might play around with how much I use. Biohacking at work :)

-Danielle

• Danno RedDanno Red Practical Man

I don't notice any gut/cognition difference between the two but I do feel the scratchy throat sensation BOO causes--and given the slab of coconut oil I eat each day, I'll take the BOO's concentration of carprylic acid. Never once in any quantity felt it with XCT/MCT. I've been using BOO exclusively now for about 8 months. 

The other peculiar thing about BOO is that it absolutely attacks vegetables. When preparing a salad if I put the BOO on the salad before going to work, the greens that came in contact are almost transparent and heavily wilted. MCT/XCT nor avocado/olive oil have nearly the effect. I envision it doing the same to any candida or bad bugs in my colon.