Aid With Motivation

New to this--hoping for ideas on what to take [and how, precisely :)] for motivation (and energy) to get out of bed and take care of responsibilities.  It's somewhat genetic, as my mother has the same issues [and has not found any solution, but Im not sure she's really looking anymore], and I suspect my grandmother might have, but don't truly know.  I've been taking high quality [independently tested to actually have what it claims] multi vitamins and young tissue extract, and I feel they have helped with depression, but there are still underlying habits of years as well as lack of motivation, as my responsibilities, while important, are not fun or something I'm passionate about--but life often involves taking care of things day after day that one does not actually love doing.  And I need to get on that.  

Memory function, more & better cognitive function, increased retention & learning, and better healing generally would be awesome as well, but I'm sure most can say that.

I discovered the concept of nootropics by stumbling across an ad for CILTEP, but a very small amount of research later led me to believe a more personalized stack might work better [more targeted] and also be more affordable. I'd love ideas for places to buy ingredients as well [I'm in the USA].

Thank you all for your time!

Karen

Comments

• edited March 2015

Stop blaming genetics, that's your first problem.

Hows your diet?

Hows your sleep?

Hows your exercise?

I would drop the multi and would take the supplements Dave recommends.

Try some l-tyrosine for motivation and fatigue.

3nergy & Matter

I love music

• Thank you for your response :)

I occasionally have difficulty getting to sleep, and will sometimes have chamomile tea or 1mg of melatonin to help me wind down, but otherwise my diet [used to be vegetarian, have shifted to a more local omnivorous focus], exercise [~50 minutes moderate to somewhat intense cardio at home usually 5 days a week, some weight lifting, though not in the last month or so due to various factors leading to my not going to the gym], and sleep are rather good, I'd say.  I track my sleep somewhat vigorously to make sure I do not overdo it.

With regards to the recommendations of Dave, is that referring to http://forum.bulletproofexec.com/index.php?/topic/1318-bulletproof-supplements-nootropics-guide/this guide, or a different article you could point me in the direction of?

Thank you again for your time!

karen

• GarrettGarrett
    edited March 2015

What does your sleep environment look like? How clean is it? How quiet is it? How dark is it? How cool is it? What are you doing in the 2 hours prior to going to sleep?

Are you planning tomorrow today? I've found that when I have a plan made up for the next day, it gives me a subtle kick to get out of bed. Otherwise the day just sorta.. happens.

And not being passionate about WHAT you're doing isn't the only way to find your passion. The 4 main paths to passion are "WHAT", "WHO", "WHY", and "HOW". Darren Hardy explains it very well in his book "The Entrepreneur Roller Coaster". Kudos on understanding that it is going to suck 95% of the time :P

For tasks that require 'motivation'... break them down. Break them down into their smallest parts, then focus 100% of your attention & energy onto completing that tiny part. Then do the next part. Make it super small and super easy :) And make sure you have plenty of Gratitude in your life. *goes off to gratitude journal*

And simplify your life. ;)

And finally... love yourself.

Thank you for your response :)

I occasionally have difficulty getting to sleep, and will sometimes have chamomile tea or 1mg of melatonin to help me wind down, but otherwise my diet [used to be vegetarian, have shifted to a more local omnivorous focus], exercise [~50 minutes moderate to somewhat intense cardio at home usually 5 days a week, some weight lifting, though not in the last month or so due to various factors leading to my not going to the gym], and sleep are rather good, I'd say.  I track my sleep somewhat vigorously to make sure I do not overdo it.

With regards to the recommendations of Dave, is that referring to http://forum.bulletproofexec.com/index.php?/topic/1318-bulletproof-supplements-nootropics-guide/this guide, or a different article you could point me in the direction of?

Thank you again for your time!

karen