Belly Fat Help!

I've been working at this weight loss thing for a few years now with negligible results.

January 2014 I did a 30 day fresh mystical juice only fast where I lost 30 pounds. I have not gained any of that back but I'm also not lost but a little bit since then.

In the last year I've made giant leaps in my nutrition only eating mostly organic grass fed food. But I have lost less than 5 pounds in the last year. Even though I have lost inches I still have quite a bit of belly fat.

PLEASE HELP!!!

8 months ago I went strict gluten-free

6 mo ago I went 100% grain free

3 mo ago 100% dairy free

1mo ago lagoon and 100% sugar free

6 mo of intermittent fasting seven days a week 8pm -2pm

6mo of drinking bulletproof coffee for breakfast with upgraded octane oil and grass fed butter

1 month of being in full ketosis several months of being in and out of ketosis

I protein fast every Monday

-my Routine for at least the last month

I have taken a dose of glutathione every morning when I wake up

Pink Himalayan Sea salt when I wake up

Drink 16 to 32 ounces of water upon waking.

Make my bulletproof coffee with 4 tablespoons of butter, 1 -2 tablespoons of brain octane oil, upgraded bulletproof Vanilla, some Tumerick, L-Theanine & Ceylon cinnamon.

I take a large dose of vitamins all of which are advocated on the bulletproof blog under supplements.

I eat a ratio of

5 %Carbs

15%Protane

80% Fat

I do work a sedentary job but I try to exercise 3 to 5 times a week

Comments

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭

I know that. Welcome to the club..

Since christmas I've actually gained some weight. Some of it is muscles but I realized with the help of cronoeter that even by staying below 30g of carbs I seem to fall out of ketosis sometimes.

Maybe the portions are too big. I was having only 1-2 meals per day for the past weeks. I think it's better to have a small snack every 2 hours.

Besides that you may have a problem with your hormones or your gut. or some other health condition going on. Maybe you are just too stressed. I just talked about it with a doctor today and she said I should be proud of how far I came until now...  I know I am quite stressed and work up to 12 hours per day so this may be my main reason.

I don't know what it is for you but I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. ^^

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• fixerforhirefixerforhire Mr. Not Sure.

i've done ketogenicish diets before and they were effective.

before it'd take me two and a half days to get some solid ketosis going based on a ketostix reaction, but could fall out of ketosis quite easily.

probably due to glucogenesis? I had to eat way more protein for satiety.

I can hop back into ketosis much quicker on BP.

the only major difference is vitamin supplementation, bp coffee and a heck of a lot more carbs via sweet potatoes.

it seems we actually burn sugar and fat nearly simultaneously but for a reagent strip reaction  it has to be above a threshold for detection.

I was never a proponent of vitamins, but I have definitely changed my mind.

supplementing with vitamins?

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭
    edited April 2015

I have my vitamins bulletproofed and backed that with cronometer stats... but I just got diagnosed with a bladder infection. So that might be one possible root cause.

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• Do you know your total caloric intake? you might be depriving yourself, which can be a stresser

Stress => Elevated stress hormones => weight retention (skinny-fat)

This can be especially true if you are very active, what is your exercise regiment?

• I'm eating around 20-30 carbs a day.

I mix my exercise routine up a lot everything from walking and jogging to doing some P90X occasionally. I work a swing shift so I get in whatever exercise I can when I can
  • There is no such thing as belly fat. I have the same unfortunate fat composition as you that even at a low BF%, fat covers the lower abdominal muscles. While most people get a visible six pack around 13% body fat, I get them at 9%. I assume you have the same problem. Thus, keep losing weight if you wish to lose the belly fat. 

• so when I see a guy with skinny arms and legs and a big flabby belly,  what would you call that?

• ChuckDChuckD
    edited October 2015

hormones!! and adrenal glands are stressed..  I have fixed that with MACA and DIM. Try to supplement with "whole world botanicals" Royal maca plus dim for men formula.  It rids the body of bad estrogen in body,  helps with test boost, and maca also de stresses your adrenal glands which create cortisol which leads to belly fat.  Also for cortisol Ashwaganda herb as soon as you take BP coffee