Sleep Issue That's Emm.. Specific To Males

Hi All, 

So until about 6 weeks ago I felt I'd perfected my sleeping regime:

7:30pm - eat what I know I can eat to enable sleep

10:30pm - comfortable earplugs in, room completely blacked out

11:00pm - sleep

I've always had issues sleeping, whether it was time taken to get to sleep, or quality of sleep. Now I have a more annoying issue:

Happily fall asleep without too much effort

Wake up 90 minutes later (furious erection)

Debate whether or not to "deal with it"

Choose whether or not to deal with it

Fall asleep 

And so the cycle continues until I wake up feeling dreadful having obtained only REM sleep and numerous periods awake. My sleepcycle readings are pitiful. 

So besides the fact my sleep is deprived, I see no relation between day-to-day life and the issue. Literally nothing's changed. My libido during the day is the same as it's ever been, surroundings are the same, food is the same, work is the same, etc. etc.

Has anyone experienced this? It's unacceptably detrimental to my diet, fitness and work regime!

Comments

• John BrissonJohn Brisson The Legend Formerly Known as Ron Swanson ✭✭✭

Hi All, 

I've always had issues sleeping, whether it was time taken to get to sleep, or quality of sleep. Now I have a more annoying issue:

Fall asleep 

And so the cycle continues until I wake up feeling dreadful having obtained only REM sleep and numerous periods awake. My sleepcycle readings are pitiful. 

So besides the fact my sleep is deprived, I see no relation between day-to-day life and the issue. Literally nothing's changed. My libido during the day is the same as it's ever been, surroundings are the same, food is the same, work is the same, etc. etc.

Has anyone experienced this? It's unacceptably detrimental to my diet, fitness and work regime!

Its normal it is called NPT.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9598488

Why it is bothering you at night and disturbing your REM sleep is beyond me. You need to get it checked out. What jolts you awake? The erection? That happens to most men everywhere during REM sleep as long as you do not suffer from ED. Maybe reduce your bladder before bed. Wear comfortable underwear.

My book Fix Your Gut, is offered on Amazon for $9.99.

I also offer coaching:  http://fixyourgut.com/health-coaching-information/

Please join or like the Fix your Gut Facebook. Also please add me on twitter @FixYourGutJB.

http://www.fixyourgut.com

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited April 2015

did you increase your zinc intake 

fake it till you make it

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

i'd deal with it before falling asleep.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• pd85pd85
    edited May 2015

Have you ever tried a magnesium supplement like Natural Calm and a little melatonin? 

• GarrettGarrett
    edited May 2015

Don't "deal with it". Let it be, meditate, or take a cold shower. Trust me, the neurochemical cascade from 'dealing with it' isn't worth it in the long run :) It's just an erection. Not that big a deal.

Also, how much 1 on 1 cuddle & physical touch (not necessarily sexual) are you getting from a woman these days? You may be pretty low on oxytocin, and your body isn't very happy. Might be something worth considering.

And finally... read the book "Cupid's Poisoned Arrow" :)

Hi All, 

Fall asleep 

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

dealing with it is one of lives few 'free' pleasures  

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• GarrettGarrett
    edited May 2015

Except there is a neurochemical hangover associated with it.

I'd still recommend reading the book "Cupid's Poisoned Arrow" by Marnia Robinson. Fantastic book. It'll really open your eyes and mind.

dealing with it is one of lives few 'free' pleasures  

• Except there is a neurochemical hangover associated with it.

I'd still recommend reading the book "Cupid's Poisoned Arrow" by Marnia Robinson. Fantastic book. It'll really open your eyes and mind.

Nofap on reddit has a lot of good info on this too. Fapping is definitely not a great idea if you're trying to perform optimally. Yesterday I revisited the article that Dave wrote pertaining to male sexuality and while he doesn't specifically address masturbation, he suggests withholding orgasm when peak performance is required.

• Agreed. Since I'm always aiming to be in a peak performance state, there's no reason for me to masturbate or have an orgasm. Napoleon Hill speaks about this (which Dave has addressed), and there are plenty of other books that also talk about it. Plus I'm lazy. There are better things I could do with my energy than masturbate! :p It takes effort!

I have to say - after 2 months of nofap: my focus has gone up significantly, I've made many kickass changes in my life, found the most AMAZING woman in the world (who is also on the nofap path), Cleared off $12k worth of debt, I feel happier, healthier.

Overall, nofap has been probably one of the best decisions I ever made. 

Karezza is the ticket.

Nofap on reddit has a lot of good info on this too. Fapping is definitely not a great idea if you're trying to perform optimally. Yesterday I revisited the article that Dave wrote pertaining to male sexuality and while he doesn't specifically address masturbation, he suggests withholding orgasm when peak performance is required.

• For sleeping it is good to fap before going to bed. It relaxes you and makes you less tense. Sex is actually preferable if you can have it. But abstraining from fapping to increase your performance has not been scientifically proven. There are few articles supporting that, but many that also do not believe that.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file