Not Losing Weight - Intermittent Fasting

Hey, I've been doing the Bulletproof Intermittent Fasting for roughly two weeks, and haven't lost any weight, I'm 6ft 220 pounds and would love to get down to 180 pounds, I drink about a gallon of water per day... the first few days I felt horrible and even threw up twice, after that, I felt fine and all my hunger was gone, I now have to remind myself to eat, but still no weight loss... I wear size 2XL shirt size and 36 pant size, if that tells you my body type. My eating schedule is exactly like this...

Coffee (8AM - 9AM)

- 1 Tablespoon of Butter

- 1 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil

- 2 Tablespoon of MCT Oil

Lunch (2PM)

- 4 Slices of Bacon, and 4 Eggs (Medium Eggs)

OR 6 Eggs if I don't have Bacon

Dinner (6PM - 7PM)

- Either Beef, Chicken, Fish, or Pork

- Half Cup of Kale

- 1 Cup of Spinach

- 1 Cup of Romaine Lettuce

- 2 to 3 Tablesppons of Olive Oil

I don't count calories but they end up being 1200-1400 depending on what kind of Protein I have for Dinner

Consume At least 100g of Fat, and At least 60g of Protein, My carbs are 10-15g

Sooo its 75% Fat, 20% Protein, and 5% Carbs

This would be considered Intermittent Fasting correct? How come I haven't lost any weight?

As I said before, I don't count calories, it just ends up being 1200-1400 and Im NOT hungry...

I've heard people say that my calorie and protein intake are to low, but the Bulletproof Intermittent Fasting protocol says

that you don't need to measure any of that as long as Im not hungry... so what am I doing wron

Comments

• edited April 2015

Eat more food brah. You're in too much of a deficit and are probably down regulating your metabolism. You're 220. Eat for that weight, then start to scale back your calories by 500cal once you break through this plateau.

Are you refeeding with carbs once a week? Or is that your menu for all 7 days? That low amount of food isn't sustainable and isn't healthy!

• Eat more food brah. You're in too much of a deficit and are probably down regulating your metabolism. You're 220. Eat for that weight, then start to scale back your calories by 500cal once you break through this plateau.

Are you refeeding with carbs once a week? Or is that your menu for all 7 days? That low amount of food isn't sustainable and isn't healthy!

Quick ? for me here

I am at 269lbs, should i be taking the collegen protien with my BPC or intermittent fasting until 2?

• edited April 2015

Quick ? for me here

I am at 269lbs, should i be taking the collegen protien with my BPC or intermittent fasting until 2?

I wouldn't even think about intermittent fasting until you are 10lbs out from your goal weight. It should be used as a strategic tool once all of your plateaus have been broken through and you're at the last little bit. It isn't as a "magical unicorn" as Jason says. IF can ruin you especially at your weight.

Take the collagen with your BPC, that's fine. I'd be eating at least three large meals a day. Increase carbs on active days. If sedentary eat protein, fat and green veg with one carby refeed a week.

The main goal is not to down regulate your metabolism and create dysfunction. Your weight will dictate caloric load, aim for .75g-1g of protein and fill out the rest with fat and carbs according to your activity/stress level. I'd estimate you need a minimum of 2000cal per day just to function, don't go into a deficit until you get a decent macro profile dialed in. Calculate you actual BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) online and see your BMR, don't take my guess as gospel.

• I just finished my first week of intermittent fasting and lost 6 pounds.

My meals:

Breakfast:

BP coffee with 2 tbl butter, 1 tbl brain oil

Lunch 12:pm

3-4oz grass fed beef

approx 1.5 lbs salad

olive oil and salt

Dinner 6:pm

3-4oz grass fed beef

approx 1.5 lbs salad

Dave's honey & mustard dressing