Cinco De Ecstatically Hopeful, Denny's Rflp

Weigh-in  5/05/15  (281.6lbs) 

Goal                       (185.0lbs)

I'm ecstatic after spending Sunday 5/2/15  8hrs reading Dave's Book (The Bulletproof Diet) :-P

A lot of Dave’s scenarios sound quite the same as my life for the past 30 years or so.

I am 62 years old and have struggled with weight gain and weight loss for my entire adult life.

On Saturday 5/1 I serviced a home where the customer who I had not seen in six months appeared to be quite glowing, not the usual run down tired and problem person I had seen 6 months earlier. Christina suffers from a number of immune and chemical sensitive health problems. As I asked her how she was feeling, She proclaimed “The Best in Years”. Which was quite true as I Have known her since august of 2003. When I asked why, she said “Thanks to Dave” She then told me of the Bullet Proof Diet enhanced with BulletProof Coffee.  I advised her to keep it up and I could see the apparent results. On finishing the home service Cristina had a fresh cup of BulletProof Waiting for me. The Coffee was awesome. I’m a 3-6 cups a day person so I appreciate A GREAT cup of Java. Christina made me a ToGo bad with some Coffee beans and 1oz of MCT oil, she suggested I stop for some grass fed salt free butter on the way home as I would need it for the recipe. :wub:

That next morning Saturday I brewed my first home cup. It was delightfully delicious as was hers the day before; on going off  to work I noticed very little inflammation in my joints. Being 62 years old, this was told to me as being normal for this old guy who averages 6-8 miles daily walking on my Job. By 3pm that day I was in less pain than the previous years of taking [Alive (Naproxen), By the way I've not used Alive since Friday.

That was all the Buttet PROOF I needed I ordered The Book on Amazon for  Kindle and spent most of Sunday reading it. I ordered the Coffee, MCT & Next day shipping from google shop and started the full (Diet) lets not call it that?  (New way of Life) Today 5/05/15, 

I will Try and Keep You Posted on my Progression!

“Thank You;-> :arrow:  Dave Asprey”

Best Regards,

Denny…

With a little push, we could set it off. We can send it rocketing skywards!

Comments

• Awesome is not even a proper word for the first 2 days results.

Let’s go with :

"Incredibly Awesome" :D

May 8th, 2015 6:30am

Weight = 276.5lb that’s 5.1lb loss in only 2 days

I've added 2 bite size pieces of extra dark chocolate to my morning Bullet Proof coffee

My Morning coffee is 21oz, 3tbs Coffee beans + 2tsb Butter + 15mil MCT oil + 2pc Extra dark chocolate

Today I added a grass fed Whey Protein shake @ lunch 2: pm to my daily food intake, added 1tbs of natural Coca +

15mil MCT oil + CoQ10 Liquid 10mil dose from local health supplement provider

• Still Going Great;

Tuesday morning 5/12/2015

Weight = 271.3lb  

That's now 10.3lb  loss in 1 Week and I am not starving.

In fact I have been forgetting to eat and have been setting my in truck timer for the reminder..

Had a little cheat on Saturday. I ordered a double Gyro Plate at local eatery. I throw out the Pita,

Onions and the Tomatoes and used only 1 tbs of the cucumber/yogurt sauce with 1 tsp of MCT oil

blended  in.

An awesome meal for me and no weight gain. :D

Next trick "Trying to get my wife to try this"

She has been on a low carb, low fat, no sugar Diet now since November and has plateaued 3 weeks

ago. for the 2nd time... :wub:  

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited May 2015

^ low carb AND low fat (the wife)...wouldn't that = very high (excessive) protein. sounds risky/dangerous.

fake it till you make it

• ACH85ACH85 ✭✭

I agree with daz.

Glad to hear you're doing well, and your customer too, but make sure you do a refeed, otherwise things can get messed up. Refeeds (both in general and on protein fasting days) are mentioned in the book, but aren't super obvious, basically take a day every week where you eat a bunch of starchy carbs, like 150-300g worth. If you don't, various metabolic hormones get downregulated and all the goodness can disappear. 

Finally, you're eating food, right? Not doing the RFLP which is only bulletproof coffee?

• ^ low carb AND low fat (the wife)...wouldn't that = very high (excessive) protein. sounds risky/dangerous.

Wife is on a doctor, nutritionist assisted diet, blood tests every two weeks and medicine regulatory changes as well. 

she suffers from 2 major autoimmune diseases and is under stick supervision.

I agree with daz.

Glad to hear you're doing well, and your customer too, but make sure you do a refeed, otherwise things can get messed up. Refeeds (both in general and on protein fasting days) are mentioned in the book, but aren't super obvious, basically take a day every week where you eat a bunch of starchy carbs, like 150-300g worth. If you don't, various metabolic hormones get downregulated and all the goodness can disappear. 

Finally, you're eating food, right? Not doing the RFLP which is only bulletproof coffee?

I am following Dave's Diet guidelines as described in his book. also yes I am eating regularly, my eating habits have not changed much with the exception that all is now

organic when available. with the exception of 90% Reduction in grains (Carbohydrate) foods.

Thanks for the advise and all your help.

"Keep It coming" I Live for the Challenge" 

By the Way 5/15/2015 Weight = 268.8lb

• edited May 2015

Happy Memorial Day to All USA members, I thank all you beloved Family members and Friends for their Service and for the Freedom We Enjoy..!!!

5/25/2015

weight = 264.4

All is going Well,

As of Thursday 5/20/2015 :mrgreen:

I am now completely off all Allergy Medications. I now believe all my allergenic reactions were from all the processed toxic foods the FDA claims

are safe for us to eat.  :twisted:

I firring  my doctor who has been telling me for at least 15 years or so that it is flower, weed and tree pollen. I was taking 2 or more antihistamines 

per day for at least the last 11 years. As i was aging my doctor just kept telling me and I Quote " "

:arrow: "as we get older our aging biological systems become more sensitive to the allergens and our environment around us" :roll:

Older My A*S - It was the foods I was Eating!!!!   

Feeling Great  No More Sleep Causing Antihistamines and No More Alive (naproxen sodium)

Still taking a Low dose Aspirin Daily "Any Advise Here?" :???::