Please Advise, Is This Too Much Of Fat In The Morning To Coffee?

Hi,

I started to have coffee for breakfast with following:

50 grams of Kerrygold butter

2 tbps MCT oil

15 grams of Hydrolized Collagen

1tsp cinnamon

Is it enough fat or way too much?

Thanks,

Martin

Comments

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭

depends actually. if you feel like it's good and you are achieving your goals with energy levels and weight management then enjoy. I am trying to loose my last few pounds which means I don't do bp coffee / tea that often anymore.

cheers

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• Hm, as far as I understood, MCT oil shall help with fat loss, so why to cut back BP coffee?

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭
    edited May 2015

You'll know when it's too much!

I've been doing Bulletproof Coffee since October 2012 pretty much consistently. So I've drunk a few in that time. I've vary greatly based just on how I feel (even when cutting weight for a fight). I've gone from 50g down to 15g, from 1-a-day to 6-a-day all based on if I want one or not. Early ast year I'd get home from work and want one around 5pm, this year, I've had no desire at all for one after 12pm. Same goes for amount of butter in each on. I've moved it around greatly. I think with Fat, you body knows how much it needs. 

Remember this only works if you're keeping control of your carbs. I've been fairly low carb and eating clean during this time. If you're still cheating or high carb, then I can't comment. 

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭

Hm, as far as I understood, MCT oil shall help with fat loss, so why to cut back BP coffee?

It doesn't work for everybody. I have a years supply of BO in my apartment and I don't feel a difference to regular MCT.

Oh and btw I just remembered there was that time when I started BP an I was eating as much fat as I wanted basically. Sooner or later you will feel like you are full of it. Since then I started cutting down on fat. I don't need that much anymore.

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• jcg3jcg3 ✭✭✭

Mato - it really depends on what you're trying to do, as already mentioned.

If you want energy and satiety - that's a great amount of butter and oil. I typically do 30-40 grams of butter, 12-20 grams of octane or MCT. As long as you're feeling great and not giving yourself diarrhea, go for it.

If you're trying to lose weight, I wouldn't use the collagen in the morning. If I'm having collagen I will have it in the afternoon or after a workout. The protein from collagen can knock you out of ketosis (fat burning mode) which means you won't be losing weight as quickly or efficiently. Everyone responds differently to a protein/fat ratio, so you may be able to stay in ketosis even with 15g of collagen.

The flip side - collagen in the morning will help reset leptin resistance. So if you're trying to fix that (feeling satiety and full after eating) by all means keep doing collagen in your coffee. I like collagen in my coffee, it's just a personal preference to have it later in the day.

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

Hm, as far as I understood, MCT oil shall help with fat loss, so why to cut back BP coffee?

You will burn for energy the MCT you consume, so it doesn't get stored, that's it. My calculation is that if you normally have a 300-400 kcal breakfast and then replace it with a 200 kcal MCT and 400 kcal butter... well, you will definitely use up the MCT, but that doesn't mean you will ever get to also burn your body's own fat stores. Or all the butter.

Depends on your goal. If you feel good with this protocol and have good results also on the long term, then it's good for you.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.