Just Got 3 Mo Wellnessfx Blood Tests Back. Not Good.

Did labs in Jan and was excited to get recheck in May. 3 rather important areas are my concern.

LDL went from 86 - 129

HDL (good) went from 136 - 90

APOB went from 88 - 101

I know there are folks who would be happy with my new results but since they are giant steps backward for my particular health, I am wondering if this diet is okay for me.

I have BPC with collegen (1-2c) daily

Break fast at 1:00 with veggies and protein and some fat

Another meal of veggies and protein for dinner

I work out 3x per week for 30 min with weights. I eat carbs on those days. Weight is going down and most importantly body fat % is down 3%. I feel fabulous!

I take sh#%loads of supplements. Not looking for exhaustive examination but if anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them.
Tagged:

Comments

• What are your triglycerides before and after? 

My personal blog : healthbydiet.net

• Triglycerides went down from 65 to 53.
  • You need to talk to your doctor about this, especially if you are having concerns regarding your results. Find out if your doctor is OK with you continuing on the diet or if they would advise on what changes you can make that would enable you to continue the diet but not cause further health concerns/issues.

I know I started this diet because my doctor recommended it to me but only if I was "healthy" enough (i.e. good lab results) and we would monitor my lab work throughout the coming months while on this diet. I am healthy according to my lab work, but am currently overweight so I work very closely with my doctor on making sure my lab results stay positive and I loose the extra weight.

Good luck!

• Samir aka JudoSamir aka Judo The Grass-Fed Beast
    How are you cooking your foods? What kind of fats are you eating? There is many ways to turn good fats into harmful fats depending on cooking methods and preparation. Including meats, eggs, etc.

How much and what kind of carbs are you eating? What kind of sweets do you partake in? What nuts do you eat? Just trying to see what your honest with yourself diet consists of. Not accusing anything, just want to learn from your experience!
    Be your own best friend instead of your own worst enemy. You are the only person who will always truly be there for you.
  • Samir I have been thinking about this too. I quit drinking in Feb and in mid March I learned that I had an autoimmune disease which was just the kick in the butt I needed to go all the way bulletproof. I had been IFing for a good year with BPC in the AM. Weekdays were always good but weekends I'd try to eat meals with my husband and I would accommodate my diet to make things easier. No more! The last "vice" I recently gave up was non-gmo popcorn popped in coconut oil. I am now grain-free. I cannot imagine the popcorn causing these test score slides though. Maybe my body misses the bottle of wine and 3-5 beers a night. Lol.

I will be as PERFECT as I am now for another 3 months, retest and reevaluate.

Msmisura, I am not working with a doctor. This is too foreign to doctors around here and they are too busy to even try to learn new science. I spend lots and lots of time studying. Thanks for the well wishes.
    How are you cooking your meats and eggs Etc? Basically, what are your cooking methods exactly? What heat, length of time. What's an average day look like for you on IF?
    Be your own best friend instead of your own worst enemy. You are the only person who will always truly be there for you.
  • 1st meal usually poached salmon with leftover veggies. Then for dinner a big salad and either grass fed burger or steak. Steak and burger usually cooked on the grill with no sauces and no "blackened" anything. Sometimes lots of broccoli and olive oil in foil on the grille. Tried cooking a burger in frying pan with some water and it just couldn't possibly be right. I need a video to attempt that again.

Today: 2 BPC with collegen. Stuck on the road so lunch was 2 of Dave's bars. Hungry when arrived so a decaf BPC an hour or two before dinner. Tonight was a head of celery and a bunch of carrot sticks with that burger. HSS only seasoning. Had desert - Dave's Panna Cotta with coconut cream drizzled over with big glass of San Pellegrino.
    This is an old post of mine that I made a few years ago about cooking methods. I was fairly new to bulletproof at the time, but I was like a sponge about information and really dove head first into bulletproof and cooking. Take a gander and I highly suggest you do some studying as to why we cook the way we do. I don't claim to be an expert and maybe some of my methods could even be off. I just want to get to the bottom of this with you!

http://forum.bulletproofexec.com/index.php?/topic/4770-consolidated-cooking-methods-and-daily-meals/
  • Thanks Samir. I will try the ground beef this way again. I have also used Dave's recipe for oven baked hamburgers. Will try the steak that way again sometime. It was a great steak and I kinda ruined it when I cooked it in water. Luckily I only cook for myself. Lol.

The post was great as was the thread. Love the idea of cooking rice in bone broth.