Caffeine?

I'm new to the Bulletproof diet and had a couple of questions in regards to hormones and peri-menopause. From all of the reading I have done about women going through "the change", caffeine is a big no no. Can someone please address how Bulletproof coffee can be beneficial for women over 40? I noticed that in Dave's book, most of the testimonials are written by men. Curious how this diet can be tailored to women and if Dave has any specific materials and data to support his findings. My hormones are completely out of whack, and I'm worried about adding fuel to the fire by re-introducing caffeine back into my repertoire.

Comments

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

The coffee is not a must, you don't have to start drinking it.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• Exactly. It's used as a great hook to get people interested in the anti-inflammatory diet though.
  • jcg3jcg3 ✭✭✭

All the foods on the diet are optional - you would do well to avoid stuff you know you already won't react well to. And test other stuff, if it doesn't treat you well, then avoid it.

I've had a few challenges with food intolerances, I've found it best to do the green-only foods for a week or more to reset my body and metabolism before testing something new. If you really want to try coffee - do green only foods (grass fed meat, grass fed butter, low toxin foods, brussels, asparagus, broccoli, etc.) for a while and then try caffeine or coffee once to see how you respond.

But it is totally optional.