How Many Cups (Bp)/day?

I'm loving the Bulletproof Diet, I feel great! My question is, how many cups do you drink a day? Do you use the full BP method for each cup?

The recipe I follow, from the book, is:

8 oz filtered H2O

2 1/2 tablespoons grinded beans

2 tablespoons Kerrygold Unsalted

2 tablespoons Brain Octane

Thanks.

Comments

• Usually I do this once in the AM. Sometimes a smaller one at night as well, but that's pretty rare:

4 TBSP of decaf BP coffee beans 

2 cups filtered water

1 TBSP mct

2-4 TBSP butter/ghee mixture

and

4 drops Stevia 

1/2-1 TSP xylitol

0-2 TBSP collagen 

Funny that you ask this question now, though.... I just started experimenting with halving this whole thing. It's nice, for some variety. Makes me hungry for lunch earlier and probably I'm eating slightly more solids and slightly less fat now, and staying in ketosis slightly less hours total. Which isn't necessarily an advantage. 

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭
    edited May 2015

2 cups is fine. 3 cups is okay.

actually depends on how you feel with it.

I am relatively sensitive to coffee and prefer tea instead but I still have it once a week or so for the taste.

Same goes for the fat. If you feel you need that fat it's okay to add plenty of it. Sooner or later it may happen that you feel full of it. Also if you have trouble with loosing weight...For me it helps a lot to reduce the fat on days when I start to enter ketosis. I have protein and veg on these days.

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• 2 cups is fine. 3 cups is okay.

actually depends on how you feel with it.

I am relatively sensitive to coffee and prefer tea instead but I still have it once a week or so for the taste.

Same goes for the fat. If you feel you need that fat it's okay to add plenty of it. Sooner or later it may happen that you feel full of it. Also if you have trouble with loosing weight...For me it helps a lot to reduce the fat on days when I start to enter ketosis. I have protein and veg on these days.

I'm concerned about cardiovascular risk, I do tend to have pre-hypertensive - high BP. And from what I understand, and feel with the BP method, is that I extend ketosis throughout the morning by only having the coffee for breakfast. I'm not using the BP Diet to lose weight, I use it mainly for the cognitive benefits. However, healthy weight management is a plus. I was just wondering how much butter is too much. Additionally, I've come across this infomatic from the Cleveland Clinic -HERE. In the article the recommended serving of Coconut Oil is 1 tblsp... I use two per cup.

On another topic, I've been drinking San Pellegrino H2O, which I was recently informed contains high amounts of sodium.. should I limit my intake of butter, Brain Octane, and sodium?

Thanks

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭
    So you might want to Try out of you are sensitive to caffeine and Salt. For me fat has no Impact on blood pressure. Salt does. And fasting too! I recently Figured Out That ketosis and additional protein Restriktion Raises my bp. Which is very uncommon but it Happens to Some. I know that ketosis Raises Some Neurotransmitters and therefore bp but Usually fasting improved bp...

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• I drink two 12oz cups most every day, made according to the standard recipe.  I make both cups in the AM.  Drink one then, and put the other in the frig. The second one I drink mid afternoon for a pick me up.  I have to remix it and usually put in some BP chocolate.  Then pour over ice.  Very good!

• I drink BP Coffee and BP Tea.. On the days I drink BP Coffee I usually have 2 cups before 12pm.. I do the same as @tranceman some days and I make extra which I put in the fridge and use as Iced Coffee in the arvo.

I use to have high blood pressure but through diet I changed this.. Drinking BP Coffee/Tea hasn't raised my blood pressure over the last 12 months 👧🏽
    👧🏽
  • katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

between 1-4, with the first one being a full Bulletproof Coffee, later depends on where I am and what I've got.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well