Mold Exposure - Removal Not An Option

Looking to see if anyone has an idea for an emergency supplement pack. Something I can keep handy that can help following exposure.

I'm an indoor air quality consultant and most of my income comes from assessing properties impacted by mold. Ideally I could do something else but I have mouths to feed and actually enjoy helping people. Sometimes I can take precautions but there are times that a respirator and protective clothing aren't feasible.

I have slowly been reacting worse and worse when I go into an impacted property. So is there sort of an essential pack of supplements/binders/detox agents that I could take when exposed? Like

AC

Nasal flush solution of some kind

Glutathione

NAC

Etc.....

Thanks

Comments

• Scary stuff. The post-exposure clean-up approach seems inadequate to me- I'm thinking a respirator or at least a good face mask would be key.

Otherwise - did you see Daves doc yet? I have not, but it might have answers about detoxing mold. It's free now I think. Hope you get this sorted.
  • Oh - it's called "Moldy"and just released online.
  • Watched the video as soon as it was released.  Although it was good, it was the stuff I already know.  Would love a part2!  Dealing with actual treatment.  I think by now many people are aware of a problem, but the true mystery is how to treat it once the damage is done.

• CalvinCalvin
    edited June 2015

Watched the video as soon as it was released.  Although it was good, it was the stuff I already know.  Would love a part2!  Dealing with actual treatment.  I think by now many people are aware of a problem, but the true mystery is how to treat it once the damage is done.

Totally agree with this, I think I was exposed to mold toxins back in 2012 when I experienced cognitive decline and slight problems walking...I have not confirmed this, but it is a likely hypothesis. Question now is how do I get better? Dave made a video on it on youtube, but it was rather incomplete.

Have you heard about brown seaweed extract? I read it is supposed to be beneficial to recover from toxic mold, but I'm not sure.

I'm looking for solutions like you are.

• If you want to know how to recover from it you should check out my thread. But cliffs what I did:

1. Bulletproof diet

2. Move to a place without mold

3. Supplement with detox stuff: high dosed b12 (google scholar b12 and mold and u see how related they are), zeolite, bentonite, charcoal.

Also I ordered earth and kaolin clay now and strongly considering glutathione. More detox stuff basically :)

http://www.uwex.edu/ces/dairynutrition/documents/Myco-Maryland-Binders.pdf

This article covers some binders but the bulletproof site talks a lot about it too.

• Yes Dave if you see this help us with treatment! Just watched the documentary last night. I got a job a Growhouse for Legal Cannabis about a month ago. I love the job so much and love everyone who I work with. Since starting I notice a weird smell but didnt think anything of it. just this past week Ive discovered that almost every dry wall in the building has black mold on it! Come to find this is common in indoor grow houses since we are encouraging moisture! Sure enough a couple of my coworkers and I started exhibiting allergy symptoms and very red itchy eyes. It is allergy season here in Colorado so we all think its that but after a month of working there around it with no protective equipment Im starting to feel a very irritated throat and extreme fatigue and dizziness. What we are doing to clean it is in itself another problem, We douse everything with bleach, then douse ammonia on top, and then a fungicide! Short to say Im feeling very sick and need help to figure out how to detox myself.