Are French Press Not Recommended Anymore?

I have read the Bullet Proof Diet book and one way to prepare the coffee that is recommended is by using a French Press. But I have read in other places on the forum that that way is not recommended anymore (or any other metal filters) ? So what is the deal? I feel a bit confused, what is the best way to prepare your coffee?

Comments

• The best way to prepare your coffee is to prepare it so that it tastes delicious.

• Just My Opinion!

French press is great, I use mine every day. Mine is Glass and Stainless steel and stainless mesh filter in the press. :-P

:arrow: Heat up the glass with hot water before making the coffee as not to cool down the brewing coffee temp.

Finished coffer temperature (HOT) is important to get the butter and MCT Oil in the Mix.

With a little push, we could set it off. We can send it rocketing skywards!

• ACH85ACH85 ✭✭

I have read the Bullet Proof Diet book and one way to prepare the coffee that is recommended is by using a French Press. But I have read in other places on the forum that that way is not recommended anymore (or any other metal filters) ? So what is the deal? I feel a bit confused, what is the best way to prepare your coffee?

French press and metal filters in general are still the Bulletproof recommendation, because it allows oils like cafestol and kahweol to remain in your coffee, and they have various benefits. 

In some cases, those same oils seem to raise cholesterol levels in sensitive people. If you are working to lower your cholesterol, you can test switching to paper filters and see if it makes a worthwhile difference. 

• Only coffee presses made from the tears of unicorns by left handed monks on the third full moon of a leap year in a winter not longer than the last 6. 

Or use whatever you've been using and feeling awesome from.

That's what  i do ;-)

As Dave often says - there's always "one better" - but often at the cost of practicality.

Rob

• sparefilmssparefilms Post-human Construct ✭✭✭

Take your coffee maker of choice out to a large, abandoned field. Set it on a stump or bale of hay, then retreat 100 yards. Open fire with your preferred firearm. If the coffee maker survives several rounds of impact then it is indeed Bulletproofâ„¢. I highly recommend testing all Bulletproofâ„¢ products this way to ensure honesty in advertising, since I have yet to see any studies verifying the claims of being Bulletproofâ„¢ when following this diet or using these products  ;)

• Caffeine is, by far the most widely consumed drug on this planet, and with that you can expect to hear and see a lot of caffeinated opinions, rituals, scenes and trends come and go.