Moldy

Scott1964Scott1964
edited June 2015 in Biohacker Banter

Just saw the new documentary Moldy.

It's awesome and very informative. Thanks goodness there is finally something like this out. I can see this really helping people ... er, well ...

After watching it I realized that my apartment, which features a very old radioator type of heater, may be causing me some overall depression and mood difficutly. It dawned on me that I had been thinking of every conceivable reason to get myself out of the apartment and this may well be why. I also noticed that, generally speaking, I am in better moods at work as opposed to sitting at home. But at home is where I have my life ... and more importantly, my guitars!

So, it seems weird to me that I would try everything under the sun the be the hell out of there.

It was nice of Dave to show the documentary for free ... but was it really free?

In typical "Self Help Guru" fashion Dave has left out a very important part of the documentary. The actual action steps about what to do about this problem should you start to become convinced you may have mold issues at home. That part, conveniently, will cost you fifty bucks. So, we learn of a really nasty problem, but if you want help, get out your wallets.

I'm not exactly flush with cash right now ... something about life behaving in unexpected ways ... anyway, I guess my health will have to wait a month or two ...

But I rest assured that those of you a little more well-to-do will get the relief you seek ...

Tagged:

Comments

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭
    edited June 2015

Only speaking for myself here, but I'm not at all interested in adding more blood to Dave's mold boner. When I heard about this documentary I just kind of shrugged. And I think that must've been the reaction of most users considering the marked lack of discussion about this project on the forums.

In typical "Self Help Guru" fashion Dave has left out a very important part of the documentary. The actual action steps about what to do about this problem should you start to become convinced you may have mold issues at home. That part, conveniently, will cost you fifty bucks. So, we learn of a really nasty problem, but if you want help, get out your wallets.

Seriously?

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• RekaReka ✭✭✭
    I guess it's rather aimed at new people than people like us. Just like the newsletters and other promos. This is why it doesn't get much attention here.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• ACH85ACH85 ✭✭
    edited June 2015

I'm baffled.

Dave has always said that 1) mycotoxins make some people really sick, and 2) they makes everyone else a bit less than optimal.

The movie was all #1, example after example, and #2 was basically just mentioned. Perhaps 60 seconds of total content about how even if you don't feel it mold could make you less awesome. Maybe another minute or two on how it can cause serious diseases after long-term unnoticeable exposure.

I can't fathom why Dave didn't take this opportunity to lay out the science of why everyone should be worried about mold, not just the subset of people obviously affected. Even if you're cynical and think this is all about selling mold action plans, surely the bigger economic opportunity is selling to the whole population, not only the very sick.

Very sick people know they're very sick and seek treatment. If there is a mold-related tragedy, isn't it that we're all may be being diminished slowly and slightly every day, not living up to our potential and decreasing our lifespan? Isn't that the story here?

• "Very sick people know they're very sick and seek treatment."

Yeah, of course. Everyone who is sick knows they're sick, but they don't know why. Most people suffering from mold illness have no idea, and 99% of doctors, including alternative, are completely unaware of CIRS. So there is definitely a need for the focus Dave chose in the doc, even if it wasn't what you were hoping for.

That said, I think Dave really dropped the ball on this and missed a big opportunity. He could have told some powerful stories (a real documentary) that really would have turned some heads. Instead he made an educational DVD to sell as a package. Disappointing.

• ACH85ACH85 ✭✭

Oh I definitely agree it can help people who are suffering from acute mold issues and don't know the cause. But even if that's the goal, you still have to get them to watch the movie, and it's not clear how they'll find it if they don't know to look for it or have a bulletproofy friend who's clued in. In the long run, I think the better choice would be to raise the overall profile of mold issues for everyone.

• Scott1964Scott1964
    edited June 2015

I totally agree that Moldy could have been much shorter and still scared the daylights out of me. To be honest the whole thing was very difficult to watch because it's so dark to see what has happened to these people through no fault of their own. I used to think one had to go looking for trouble for bad to enter into their lives ... that's clearly not true here on earth. Anyway, nobody could want to watch it a second time just due to the overall tone. It’s not a “feel good” movie …

This is why I felt manipulated after I got to the end and found out my only options for help were 1) do nothing and suck it up, or 2) buy the DVD simply to learn about the $25 dollar test to determine if I have a moldy living environment. Isn't there any way I could just send the bulletproof people $25 for this info? No! You have to spend $50 on the DVD which then tells you how to spend $25 on the mold test. I would have felt better if there was a disclaimer at the beginning saying as much.

The whole time I'm watching the DVD I'm thinking to myself, "Boy, this sure is helpful ... just wait 'til we make it to the end and they actually tell me what to do ... then I'll really be cooking in butter!!!!"

But no ... as per usual my wallet was summoned ...

Everybody needs MORE MONEY!!!!!!!!!  WOOOO HOOOOOOO!!! Why? So we can kick some MORE ASS!  Only problem is, there aint that much ass left to be kicked. Was Dave just in Chicago? Why? Because I was just downtown and there was strew "kicked ass" literally everywhere ...

I actually love Dave and he has given lots of free info to me via his blog. He is much better than most of these clowns. But it seems lately he has been partnering more and more with a sketchy element. Don't get me started on the Holosync guy ... that guy came after me big time once I entered my email on his site. He literally wouldn't let me breath underneath all the high pressure marketing emails that deluged my inbox.

Listen to me people ... if somebody is pressuring you to do something. DONT DO IT!  They stand to gain more than you, or they wouldn't be pressuring. This is literally the scam litmus test! High pressure tactics are simply the way of the world right now. Corporations are people, and they are coming for us all!

First time I realized things weren't what they appear was last year at the BP conference in Pasadena. I was walking back to my hotel from the conference center when I caught Steven Kotler smoking a Lucky outside the hotel ... don't worry, he was just trying to get in the flow! I'm sure it was a bulletproof smoke ...

The other day I tried to buy a pair of shoes at Payless ... yeah, that got ugly ... they wanted my freakin' cell phone number and wouldn’t let me out of the store until I coughed it up (I didn't) ... They're like, "We're not gonna use if for nuthin ...". Sure!

Or just try getting out of a Kohl's with your dignity intact. Last time I couldn't look people in the eye for a month ... felt like I'd been prison raped ...

Love the aggressive business culture out there …. Gotta kick more ass people!!!!

• Shoot ... I was up on a high horse there ...

Forgot to ask my main question ... Does anybody know how I can test my apartment for mold?

• ACH85ACH85 ✭✭

Forgot to ask my main question ... Does anybody know how I can test my apartment for mold?

https://www.bulletproofexec.com/how-your-house-can-make-you-weak/

ERMI, American Air Testing if you are in the Bay Area, if you have visible mold I think there are cheaper tests where you can just scoop up a sample and send it in to see what type it is. 

• sparefilmssparefilms Post-human Construct ✭✭✭

Go to Home Depot and get one of their $9.98 test kits that are hanging next to the air filters. You technically need two, to do a control vs the outside air, but one will let you get a general idea. Instructions in the box on where to send it for lab testing. Rush testing is also available. They work, so says my lungs. Anyone needing more in-depth info can check out the other threads on mold abatement (I lay out some general guidelines) or send me a PM.

Hopefully I can watch this thing tonight so I see what all the fuss is about!

• Don't bother asking your super or landlord. They will just say, "yeah, mold ... We take that very seriously. You're good. Trust me"
  • WalterWalter ✭✭✭

Only speaking for myself here, but I'm not at all interested in adding more blood to Dave's mold boner. When I heard about this documentary I just kind of shrugged. And I think that must've been the reaction of most users considering the marked lack of discussion about this project on the forums.

True. Dave is just one of the few people who respond violently to mold. Sure, everybody is probably affected somehow, but if it's just a stuffy nose you can't blame someone for not caring that much about mold.

But it's safe to assert that everyone should live in a mold-free house. Just like everyone should put down the glazed donut and eat some broccoli. 

• I posted this in General Discussion but there were no comments. Maybe there will be some ideas here:

So I am very excited about this information that came out in the new Moldy Video but I am trying to get someone from Bulletproof to reply to the problem that Dr Shoemaker who promotes the Shoemaker protocol for mold treatment and is someone that Dave says in the documentary that he is invested in, has lost his medical license for some shady stuff. I don't know details other than the documents published by the Maryland Medical Board as well as those pertaining to a law suit that casued his liscense to be revoked, but I think that this is something that needs to be addressed. My daughter may be quite sick from mold issues but I need to know that we are on firm ground here in finding proper treatments. Emails to Bulletproof and Dave have gone unanswered. I hate to put this sort of thing up on a forum but it seems to be the only hope of getting answers.

http://moldvictim.or...-face-problems/

http://www.casewatch...r/consent.shtml

If my information is incorrect I will gladly back off but this seems to me to be a very serious issue. For me, this brings into question the entire premise of his documentary. Shoemaker Protocol is mentioned many times in his supporting interviews.

• Just got an email from Bulletproof including a free test for mold. Needless to say, this was very timely.

Thanks Bulletrproof dudes!

Thanks to the others that offered support as well.

http://links.bulletproof.com/a/315/preview/260657/131888404/7a0afe27aae87c658a22f5922cf771cf08d8acb4

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

Just got an email from Bulletproof including a free test for mold.

Well, how about that! 100% of people who take the test are positive for mold toxicity! Isn't that something? I certainly didn't see that coming. Thank goodness the treatment protocol is close at hand-- and for the bargain price of $50.

I can't wait until this documentary hits the mainstream and we start seeing mold treatment infomercials similar to those cheesy old Life Alert ads.

"DAVE ASPREY. I OWE MY LIFE, TO HIM."

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!